What's new

Discussion Notch The Creator Of Minecraft Now Owns A $70m Mansion In Beverley Hills

• Thread starter Jacob Frye
  • Start date
  • Views 2,376
Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
B5_LRxbe_CMAArlwr.jpg

The creator of Minecraft Markus "Notch" Persson has just recently bought a beautiful mansion in Beverley Hills, California for approximately $70 million. The Swedish video game programmer and designer is living the lavish life after selling his studio, Mojang to Microsoft for $2.5 billion. The video gamer had a tough competition for obtaining the mansion. The power couple Jay Z, and Beyoncé had their eyes on the mansion as well. The victor became Markus, and this property was sold for $70 Million which made it the highest price ever payed in the Beverley Hills.

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-19%20at%203.33.02%20PM.png

The Swedish video game programmer and designer now owns 23,00 square foot home, which he bought in a span of 6 days. With a glorious view of the city Los Angeles , and the home home having 15 bathrooms, and 8 bedrooms. Along with a Movie theater, an 18-ft onyx dinning table, Ipads that control the fountains outside. Markus didn't have all this 5 years ago, and after being able to make a game people enjoyed, he didn't expect it to become this big. As he stated "Minecraft certainly became a huge hit, and people are telling me it’s changed games. I never meant for it to do either. It’s certainly flattering, and to gradually get thrust into some kind of public spotlight is interesting."

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-19%20at%203.25.29%20PM.png

Markus bought a rare Aphex Twin album earlier this year costing him approximately $45k , so buying expensive stuff isn't something new to Markus. The mansion that he has just bought contains, a candy room, a car showroom, vodka and tequila bars, and much more. Los Angeles is the place to settle down if you're from overseas, and a billionaire. Even though he has made $2.5 billion. In the long run this property he just bought will make him a great profit in the future, and this is called Trophy properties. Time will tell if he will sell this property, but as of now the creator of Minecraft is living a luxurious lifestyle. "The fact that the house also was completely furnished in such great style was another major selling point for him." stated Katia De Los Reyes who worked with Persson on the purchase. Markus is now working on a new game called 0x10c, and living an extravagant lifestyle.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

Last edited:
Sobriquet

Sobriquet

Banned
Retired
Bright Idea End of the Year 2014 Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Jacob Frye Jacob Frye , thanks for the submission but unfortunately this is not the type of content we want to see on the Homepage, please read the sticked threads in the future.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
All of this money just from making a sandbox game in Java.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
That is awesome. I love that he took it right from under Jay-Z and Beyonce. I mean, they lost it to a nerd, that is just flippin priceless. I would do the same thing he's doing. Live life and just blow the hell out of it. I would keep a nice chunk in savings, but this dude has nothing to worry about financially for the rest of his life.

NOMINA

NOMINA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
B5_LRxbe_CMAArlwr.jpg

The creator of Minecraft Markus "Notch" Persson has just recently bought a beautiful mansion in Beverley Hills, California for approximately $70 million. The Swedish video game programmer and designer is living the lavish life after selling his studio, Mojang to Microsoft for $2.5 billion. The video gamer had a tough competition for obtaining the mansion. The power couple Jay Z, and Beyoncé had their eyes on the mansion as well. The victor became Markus, and this property was sold for $70 Million which made it the highest price ever payed in the Beverley Hills.

The Swedish video game programmer and designer now owns 23,00 square foot home, which he bought in a span of 6 days. With a glorious view of the city Los Angeles , and the home home having 15 bathrooms, and 8 bedrooms. Along with a Movie theater, an 18-ft onyx dinning table, Ipads that control the fountains outside. Markus didn't have all this 5 years ago, and after being able to make a game people enjoyed, he didn't expect it to become this big. As he stated "Minecraft certainly became a huge hit, and people are telling me it’s changed games. I never meant for it to do either. It’s certainly flattering, and to gradually get thrust into some kind of public spotlight is interesting."

Markus bought a rare Aphex Twin album earlier this year costing him approximately $45k , so buying expensive stuff isn't something new to Markus. The mansion that he has just bought contains, a candy room, a car showroom, vodka and tequila bars, and much more. Los Angeles is the place to settle down if you're from overseas, and a billionaire. Even though he has made $2.5 billion. In the long run this property he just bought will make him a great profit in the future, and this is called Trophy properties. Time will tell if he will sell this property, but as of now the creator of Minecraft is living a luxurious lifestyle. "The fact that the house also was completely furnished in such great style was another major selling point for him." stated Katia De Los Reyes who worked with Persson on the purchase. Markus is now working on a new game called 0x10c, and living an extravagant lifestyle.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
dam my jealousy is crazy right now

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess technically he is a programmer but he's a horrible one at that. His code for Minecraft was disgusting and once he gave it to whomever (before it was sold to MS) so he could work on something else they made the game 100x better by rewriting over 100k lines of code. I was told that he cut 0x10C because he couldn't figure out how to make it (not sure if that's true or not but I cba to look it up).

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess technically he is a programmer but he's a horrible one at that. His code for Minecraft was disgusting and once he gave it to whomever (before it was sold to MS) so he could work on something else they made the game 100x better by rewriting over 100k lines of code. I was told that he cut 0x10C because he couldn't figure out how to make it (not sure if that's true or not but I cba to look it up).
Where did you get that information from? I hope you know he wasn't the only one working on the game...

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
Where did you get that information from? I hope you know he wasn't the only one working on the game...
My Digital Design teacher lol. He is obsessed with Minecraft and has had it since it was in Alpha. Anything about Minecraft you can ask him and he'll give you the correct answer.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My Digital Design teacher lol. He is obsessed with Minecraft and has had it since it was in Alpha. Anything about Minecraft you can ask him and he'll give you the correct answer.
He may want to look into his sources again than, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It was all him and his team, that worked on it before MS bought them out.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
He may want to look into his sources again than, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

It was all him and his team, that worked on it before MS bought them out.
Are you talking about the fact that he is a garbage coder? He is lol, deobfuscate Minecraft and have a crack at the source (of the beta Minecraft), it's dirty brown water trash. When he left Minecraft to go to work on 0x10C the team had rewritten ~100k lines of code so the game would run better, that's why it took them ~2 months to get out an update.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you talking about the fact that he is a garbage coder? He is lol, deobfuscate Minecraft and have a crack at the source (of the beta Minecraft), it's dirty brown water trash. When he left Minecraft to go to work on 0x10C the team had rewritten ~100k lines of code so the game would run better, that's why it took them ~2 months to get out an update.
I believe that the 1.8 update of minecraft took just over 1 year to make and was their biggest update ever released. (1.8 was the update they rewritten everything in).

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe that the 1.8 update of minecraft took just over 1 year to make and was their biggest update ever released. (1.8 was the update they rewritten everything in).
That must've been it then. I don't follow this whole Minecraft "scene".

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
That must've been it then. I don't follow this whole Minecraft "scene".
Who care if his code is not clean. Did you miss the part which showed how successful he became and how he bought a house for $70 million.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Reaction score
Sin$
Who care if his code is not clean. Did you miss the part which showed how successful he became and how he bought a house for $70 million.
No I didn't lol, I applaud him for his success. What get's to me is that people go on about how he's a "programming god" when he did nothing revolutionary and his code is garbage.

Conix

Conix

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Omg I can't believe he got all of this from making a game of blocks. But hard work will pay off!!

P

Patch7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
B5_LRxbe_CMAArlwr.jpg

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Saw this on an online news somewhere, Good post though man! I enjoyed the pictures and oh boy would I live those iPad controlled founitins in my yard aha and wouldn't mind the huge sweet jars either! - Looks like he's sorted for a while aha! Quality.

Top Bottom
Login
Register