What's new

Discussion Not sure whether I made the right choice...

• Thread starter Beardyman
  • Start date
  • Views 474
Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
So, today I was due for an upgrade and I went an got myself a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus... the question is, is it any good? I still have my Galaxy Note 4 as well, just in case.

12038667_10203465626840667_3725845975639672629_o.jpg

Does anyone here own an S6 Edge Plus? What's it like? How satisfied are you with the phone itself?

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't own a Galaxy S6 Edge, but I do own a Galaxy Note 5. The software experience of the S6 and Note 5 are a lot better than past Galaxy devices. The build qualities have also improved.

Why don't you just try using the device for awhile and see if you like it?

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't own a Galaxy S6 Edge, but I do own a Galaxy Note 5. The software experience of the S6 and Note 5 is a lot better than past Galaxy devices.

Why don't you just try using the device for awhile and see if you like it?
I originally wanted the Note 5, but was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't going to be available in the UK.

I'll give it go and see how I get on with it. I've kept my Note 4 as backup.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I originally wanted the Note 5, but was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't going to be available in the UK.

I'll give it go and see how I get on with it. I've kept my Note 4 as backup.
I like to think of the Note 5 as a downgrade to the Note 4. Spec wise I don't think its a big jump but you may find that you like the Edge thing. Play with it for a few days and see if you like it.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So, today I was due for an upgrade and I went an got myself a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus... the question is, is it any good? I still have my Galaxy Note 4 as well, just in case.

Does anyone here own an S6 Edge Plus? What's it like? How satisfied are you with the phone itself?
If it's anything like it's S6 counterpart it's going to be buggy. I've only had my S6 for a few months and it is already having tons of issues.

won't send/receive photos, drops wifi randomly, drops calls

Ephemera

Ephemera

This is my part nobody else speak
Reaction score
Sin$
Good luck repairing that when something happens :rolleyes:

Fearsaiyan

Fearsaiyan

Reaction score
Sin$

well if you don't like it you can give it to me :smile: , but Screen will break easily, my lumia has same kind of Screen "Edge" and it's broken already :cry:

Tricky

Tricky

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Diamonds Are Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
If it's anything like it's S6 counterpart it's going to be buggy. I've only had my S6 for a few months and it is already having tons of issues.

won't send/receive photos, drops wifi randomly, drops calls

Sounds like you have a defected phone. There's a bad apple in every bunch, not matter what it is. I had the S6 since it came out, never an issue with it. OP, I now have the Note 5 (first phablet I've ever had), and I love it. I don't think the "Edge" screen is worth it unless it's something you're really interested in.

However, I am about done with Samsung as Verizon and AT&T are getting strict and the Note 5, and S6 Edge can not be rooted. Well they can, but your phone will not boot. I am on the verge to sell my Note 5 and get the Nexus 6P so I can root!

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I like to think of the Note 5 as a downgrade to the Note 4. Spec wise I don't think its a big jump but you may find that you like the Edge thing. Play with it for a few days and see if you like it.

lots of people say this only because of a few features like removable battery and sd card but spec wise there is nothing downgrading from the note 4 to 5. better camera, better ram, better processor. i don't see any downgrades there

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
well if you don't like it you can give it to me :smile: , but Screen will break easily, my lumia has same kind of Screen "Edge" and it's broken already :cry:
I feel like samsungs are more well made than lumias... only time can tell I guess

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
The S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ are all amazing phones, the specs are good and the software is decent. I can say that you have not made a mistake you've bought one of the best phones out there.

Top Bottom
Login
Register