What's new

Discussion Not sure where to put this, but what's causing this to happen to my videos?

A

Ashy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I'm having a bit of trouble with my youtube uploads. For some reason lines seem to stand out way too much and white colours are a bit too piercing/squared-off in 720p, but look fine on my pc pre-upload and in non-hd on youtube.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tt7xz25FL8&fmt=22

(Check out the actual video page, because it looks weird here due to the smaller player size.)

What's up with it? =[

Operating System
  1. Windows
A

A Roadkill Baby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Might have something to do with the codec you are using.

A

Ashy

Reaction score
Sin$
Might have something to do with the codec you are using.

I'm recording with my HD PVR in .m2ts and rendering as an .mp4 as I'm told that's the best way to do things. If there's better render settings I could use, I wouldn't mind hearing them ;]

A

A Roadkill Baby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm recording with my HD PVR in .m2ts and rendering as an .mp4 as I'm told that's the best way to do things. If there's better render settings I could use, I wouldn't mind hearing them ;]

I'm not a big video person WHATSOEVER, so I don't know if it is possible to make .mp4's from different codecs, but make sure you are using the H.264 codec because that's meant for flash video (such as youtube).

S1R34L

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It may be due to the fact that it's 720p, making the image sharper, (making the white look 'piercing').

Top Bottom
Login
Register