What's new

Discussion Not sure if this

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

v760

Reaction score
is the right place, But i got a question.

Is it possible to hostboot on Halo: Reach?
If so, How? I'm trying to understand how to obtain IP addresses on Xbox Live using IP Sniffers.
I've encountered players that cheats thoughout the game, The weirdest one ever was a player with a banshee flying thur the map at insane speed and it was no lag. 1 second he's on 1 side and another second he's on another.
2nd weirdest was my team getting spawnkilled by sniper and rocket fires out of nowhere which seems to be infinite ammos.

So i wanted to learn this and prevent this from happening again and have my fair fun.

I'm pretty confident i've been hostbooted couple times.
My IP was flooded and i barely was able to surf the web but alot of things was delayed.

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Video Connoisseur CotM TotM
Reaction score
No such hax, maybe lag switching. And sure it's possible to host boot.

The Mythic

The Mythic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The in game things you described would have to be from lag due to jtags not being able to go online; there wouldn't be any way for them to mod the game.
As for the other stuff, I would assume it's still possible to host boot so that may have been what happened.

K

Kain3Freitas117

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it is still possible to use a host booter no I dont do it and will not tell you how. I know someone who does this though.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Botnet(or whichever method of ddos you prefer). Using your own connection (dos) would put you in black screen, with the way networking is handled in Reach. From what I can tell.

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Although I'm not going to go into detail (as the discussion of how DDoSing works isn't permitted on Se7enSins), but yes, it is possible if they obtain your IP address. There isn't much you can do, but if you suspect someone is DDoSing, you can submit a bad player review and file a complaint on their gamertag to avoid pairing up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom