Not my fault, someone moved it!

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by Der Doktor, Jun 14, 2009 with 4 replies and 285 views.

1. Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok so the other day i was helping my dad clean up my backyard, i walked around our in ground pool and put some floaties in the tray basket hanger thing on the other side. So on my way back i wasnt paying attention and i walked into the pool. Everything in my pocket included my cell phone (which i fixed, then went to a carnival and rode a ride, turns out the ride broke it!), my diabetic insulin pump, my wallet and my ipod touch 16gb. Everything has so far recovered except the ipod. I left it in rice for about 3 days, took it out plugged it in, and it turned on, but the touch screen wasnt responding, so i put it back in rice for 3 more days, took it out plugged it in and since then it wont turn on. if i send it in do you thing they woujld fix it? Its a second gen i got for Christmas this year so it shold still have somewhat of a warranty on it. Any ideas? but really someone had to have moved the pool. I wouldve noticed it if it wasnt moved...:thumbup:

2. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang VIP

Ratings:
    Apple's warrentee does not cover water damage.

3. OP
    Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    does that mean i have to buy a new one? or is there like a super special thing i could do to it to make it work?

4. ronnoceel

ronnoceel Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Where did you or your parents get the warrenty, best buy I think covers water damage. Or you could hit it with a hammer, I heard that helps. Jk

5. BAGHDADBOB

BAGHDADBOB Newbie

Ratings:
    i would break the screen, cause the paper in the store asks about water damage and some other ****. what is the worst that would happen that they wouldnt replace it if you broke the screen? It will not work and they will not replace it with the water damage.