What's new

Discussion Not banned yet, can I use the Hard Drive still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Defrex

Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry haven't seen my scenario yet.

I haven't signed into live (modded) but know I will be banned, can I still use my hard drive on another unmodded console? I was hoping just to buy an arcade 360 and just use my old hard drive.

L

ll V1oLeNT ll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can check if you have been banned (Yet) with out connecting to XBL. Just go to xbox.com and try to register your xbox for rrod repair and if you have been banned it will give you an error. and if you do get your xbox banned the hard drive will work fine on another console just that your porfile/saves will be corrupt

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ll V1oLeNT ll said:
You can check if you have been banned (Yet) with out connecting to XBL. Just go to xbox.com and try to register your xbox for rrod repair and if you have been banned it will give you an error. and if you do get your xbox banned the hard drive will work fine on another console just that your porfile/saves will be corrupt

apparently this method doesnt work 100%... <_<

D

Defrex

Reaction score
Sin$
ll V1oLeNT ll said:

So what happens if my saves are corrupt?
Should I just buy a new xbox live profile on the same hard drive? I don't really care aout achievements,but it would be nice to keep the same name.

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Defrex said:
So what happens if my saves are corrupt?
Should I just buy a new xbox live profile on the same hard drive? I don't really care aout achievements,but it would be nice to keep the same name.

Looks like it's fresh start or no go man.

D

Defrex

Reaction score
Sin$
Noupoi said:
The simple way is to recover your account again, if that's all you care about. Carson posted a very useful tut on uncorrupting files that were created on a banned console.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/xbox-360-tutorials/155990-uncorrupt-profile-banned-xbox-360-a.html

So what happens when they are corrupt, you just can't use them? Or will having corrupt saves get you banned again? If I started forza 3 and my saves are all corrupt, then the game would just be defaulted, like I never played it?

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Your saves would appear corrupt on all consoles apart from the original banned console, meaning that you wouldn't be able to load them. And it would be pretty ridiculous to ban someone over a corrupt file. Files get corrupt all the time, such as when you turn your console off during a save.

D

Defrex

Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm interesting, so I might aswell keep my profile if I'm going to be starting from scratch eitherway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register