What's new

Patched NORTH YANKTON AFTER PATCH 1.16 UPDATED 9/20 (Single Player only)

• Thread starter GypsyCrazyBoy
  • Start date
  • Views 17,103
GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Capitalism is a dirty business
Reaction score
Sin$
BIG THANKS TO GTA FORUMS USER: Stoney0503

FOR ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED
- 9/20/14

Holy crap guys, I found a way to reach north yankton in singleplayer, this is after patch 1.15 (and 1.16), this is method works on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. First, you will need to change Franklin and Micheal's character models using the USB method but LEAVE TREVOR NORMAL! Heres a video on how to do this:

(If you have a save file with a modded M and F, just use that).

2. Make sure the save file you have modded is playing as Trevor, what you want to do is goto Pause>Game>Replay Mission, then replay the mission "Something Sensible", press X/A to start the mission, press A/X on the first alert. Then B/O on the second alert.

3. You should be frozen, and the Modded Micheal will walk away, now go to the Replay Mission and replay the mission "Chop", press A/X on the first alert. Then B/O on the second alert.

4. Goto Pause>Online and start an invite only session or solo session.

5. Switch to Trevor, now the GTA 5 logo will appear on your screen, after will be a long loading screen, now wait.

6. You will should spawn as Trevor once it has loaded, for me I spawned at the hospital, but if the screens filter is different, that mean it has worked, the Trevor you're playing as is the default one, so he has his normal shirt and haircut.

7. Now you need a helicopter, I recommend going to the Heli-pads nearby the docks, as a Frogger will always land there OR you can get one of your choppers from the sandy shores airfield. The tricky part is, the map in the menu and Radar has been replaced with the North Yankton one, so I hope you've memorized the map, another tip is North and South have swapped, so now the airport is North and Blaine County is south...

8. Fly over to where the airport is, you should see a few glitchy mountains, similar to the "Get to north yankton in GTA Online" glitch.

9. THATS IT GLITCH TUTORIAL ENDS HERE

FEATURES OF THIS GLITCH
Unfortuantley, you cannot take pictures, you have the old phone with the number pad, you can only goto contacts.

No Vehicles will spawn in North Yankton.

You cannot use most of the cheats, as the game thinks you're doing the Prologue mission, but your not...

If the GTA 5 logo doesn't appear, don't worry, it may still work.

If you get cops on you, the woman on the radio will even say "North Yankton" and pressing down on the D-Pad will show your location as "North Yankton"

You cannot use your special ability, even if its full.

To get rid of the filter, all you need to do is die, don't worry, North Yankton will still be there.

Be careful at the cemetery, Micheal's grave is not solid and same goes for the field behind it.

Not all of North Yankton is solid, so be careful out there!

You can call a Taxi and steal it, though this will only work in the front of the church.

This only works for Trevor.

Some buildings are incredibly unfinished, but are fully solid.

Cops will spawn.

Only 1 ped will spawn, and that is at the farm, he/she is sitting on a chair infront of the house, strange...

Credits: http://gtaforums.com/topic/728938-insane-gta-5-single-player-how-to-get-to-north-yankton-115/

Last edited:
GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, a north yankton glitch has been up for 30 minutes with 0 replies. that's weird

s1ckmad3

s1ckmad3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
cant take selfies therfore not worthy of reply.....this reply is void lol

killerwithin2

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
this does not work it may have worked or its been patched both of my friends tried it and saying it does not work, there is no north yankton just sea after doing this, mark this as patched this was anyway uploaded in augest

killerwithin2

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
so it does not work no video no proof i dont believe it u can

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The glitch isn't all that complicated when you think about it. The tough part is modding the save.

However, it is possible for somebody to upload a modded save that is ready for the glitch, and they can put it in using Horizon.

Another thing. I wonder if it is possible to get North Yankton online with this glitch. For example, I wonder what would happen if we accept an invite from a friend after completing the glitch. I also wonder if it is possible to modify a save game file so that North Yankton is loaded when you load the save. I haven't done this glitch yet, but I assume that it is impossible to save doing it as it thinks your in a mission, so you can't save the traditional laying down on the bed way.

Also, three concerns.
1. If you have a Cargobob stored at Trevor's helipad, will it be there?
2. Can you use the weather cheat?
3. Can you access Trevor's garage?

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
The glitch isn't all that complicated when you think about it. The tough part is modding the save.

However, it is possible for somebody to upload a modded save that is ready for the glitch, and they can put it in using Horizon.

Another thing. I wonder if it is possible to get North Yankton online with this glitch. For example, I wonder what would happen if we accept an invite from a friend after completing the glitch. I also wonder if it is possible to modify a save game file so that North Yankton is loaded when you load the save. I haven't done this glitch yet, but I assume that it is impossible to save doing it as it thinks your in a mission, so you can't save the traditional laying down on the bed way.

Also, three concerns.
1. If you have a Cargobob stored at Trevor's helipad, will it be there?
2. Can you use the weather cheat?
3. Can you access Trevor's garage?
Couldn't agree more with you.

killerwithin2

killerwithin2

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
it may work for u but im not wasting my time trying this glitch

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got it to work ONCE. But now when I load my modded save, it crashes. It didn't even write to the save. I even tried replacing the modded save again and it still freaking crashes. I also cleared the cache on both storage devices, and my modded save still doesn't work.

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it doesnt pop up twice
No. That is not the problem. I'm only able to load a modded save once. After, it freezes. No matter if I:
-Re-replace it.
-Clear the cache on it.
-Delete it, and add the save back.

This has happened before to me. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Flash Drive being USB3. But it doesn't even write to it. It somehow only loads the first time.

Gosh, I can't wait to have this game on my PC so I don't have to deal with this Console bull **** of freezing with no way to troubleshoot, and having to spend a whole bunch of extra money to mod. I'll just load North Yankton, or play as Niko, or Chop at the click of a button. And that will just be the beginning of what I'll do.

The glitch worked great the first time, and I'm sure it would work if the GTA V Beta would load the save. :smile:

GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Reaction score
Sin$
THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Watch the north yankton video tut if your still having trouble. There is also a save provided for xbox 360 users in the description of that video

Top Bottom
Login
Register