What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial Noobert's Flashing Guide | Phat | Slim | Burner Max | PayLoad | Burn Games

• Thread starter Noobert
  • Start date
  • Views 208,589

What Drive did You Flash with My Guide?

• Phat LiteOn

Votes: 65 55.1%
  • BenQ

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Samsung

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Hitachi

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Slim LiteOn Winbond

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Slim LiteOn MXIC

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
T

TVille72

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there is another copy of the tutorial anywhere with working picture links??

B

BytePir8

Reaction score
Sin$
are the images back up? anywhere?
Damn good Tut noobert,
is there a guide that shows the diferent replacement dvd pcb's?
not just the TX stuff? think i've seen 4 diferent ones over time
and all have to be unlocked/locked so as to work, if i remember right.
not forgeting that you can re-use the older orig pcb's

Byte

P.s.
ignore my dyslexia guys, it gets worse lol

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, after lot of grueling work, I was able to add back all the images for this thread. (You're welcome Noobert Noobert )

I think I deserve a cookie because that really did take a while..

R

Rascalov

Reaction score
Sin$
I am thinking about buying a Japanese 360 Slim off eBay. Is it correct that on Slim Liteon drives, even if you replace the PCB with the Xecuter LTU, you still need to install RGH to actually retrieve the drive key and flash LT firmware to the drive? In other words: LTU PCB + X360USB Pro + CK3 Pro won't be enough to flash a Slim?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I am thinking about buying a Japanese 360 Slim off eBay. Is it correct that on Slim Liteon drives, even if you replace the PCB with the Xecuter LTU, you still need to install RGH to actually retrieve the drive key and flash LT firmware to the drive? In other words: LTU PCB + X360USB Pro + CK3 Pro won't be enough to flash a Slim?
If it's a LiteOn DG-16D5S or a Hitachi DL10N, then yes - you'll need to RGH it 99% of the way in order to retrieve the DVD Key.
It'd be much smarter to just send it to someone to get it done instead of buying the hardware.
Or just buy a XK3Y.

R

Rascalov

Reaction score
Sin$
If it's a LiteOn DG-16D5S or a Hitachi DL10N, then yes - you'll need to RGH it 99% of the way in order to retrieve the DVD Key.
It'd be much smarter to just send it to someone to get it done instead of buying the hardware.
Or just buy a XK3Y.
Hi Noobert,
is RGH still needed for the DVD key retrieval on the DG-16D4S?

R

Rascalov

Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought a Slim 360 with a DG-16D4S inside it. The firmware on the drive is 0225. It seems the X360USB Pro V2 is essential for flashing Slim drives. I can't find any reputable resellers that are still selling the X360USB Pro V2. I am looking for a reseller or just someone who has one and will ship to me in Europe.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought a Slim 360 with a DG-16D4S inside it. The firmware on the drive is 0225. It seems the X360USB Pro V2 is essential for flashing Slim drives. I can't find any reputable resellers that are still selling the X360USB Pro V2. I am looking for a reseller or just someone who has one and will ship to me.
I would recommend just sending your DVD Drive out to get flashed at that point. The X360USB Pro v2 runs about $50-60, and I don't really see a point in buying one just to flash one console.

R

Rascalov

Reaction score
Sin$
I ended up buying the X360USB Pro V2. I have it set up and ready to use. I also have the Xecuter Unlocked 1.1 Replacement PCB. Should I be flashing it with LTU2 or LT+3.0 FW?

Last edited:
R

Rascalov

Reaction score
Sin$
I've retrieved my drive key and flashed LT+3.0 to the Xecuter unlocked replacement PCB. Installed the PCB in my drive. Now after connecting the drive back to my Slim, it wont read discs. After I put a disc in, the drive just ejects itself right away. The dashboard also shows 'opening' and 'closing' even though the drive is already open or closed. I am going to try exposing more of the wire at the end of the coloured wires coming from the drive motor. I found it very awkward to do with a pair of scissors. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to try soldering the coloured wires from the drive motor directly to the replacement PCB. Don't really want to though as the goal of buying the replacement PCB with solderless addon was so I wouldn't have to solder.

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I've retrieved my drive key and flashed LT+3.0 to the Xecuter unlocked replacement PCB. Installed the PCB in my drive. Now after connecting the drive back to my Slim, it wont read discs. After I put a disc in, the drive just ejects itself right away. The dashboard also shows 'opening' and 'closing' even though the drive is already open or closed. I am going to try exposing more of the wire at the end of the coloured wires coming from the drive motor. I found it very awkward to do with a pair of scissors. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to try soldering the coloured wires from the drive motor directly to the replacement PCB. Don't really want to though as the goal of buying the replacement PCB with solderless addon was so I wouldn't have to solder.
Sorry for the late reply. You would be using LTU2, not LT+3.0.

C

crashnova

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I accidentally updated to 17544. Would this method or any other method work? I have a Trinity.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I accidentally updated to 17544. Would this method or any other method work? I have a Trinity.
Yep this is still the latest guide.

However, I’d recommend just getting a XK3Y or sending it to someone. No reason to spend $60+ on a X360USB Pro to flash one console.

Djhell26

Djhell26

Reaction score
Sin$
Yep this is still the latest guide.

However, I’d recommend just getting a XK3Y or sending it to someone. No reason to spend $60+ on a X360USB Pro to flash one console.
hi i know its sill early but do you know if i can flash my phat liteon drive on the lastest dashboard 17559

Ironfist1965

Ironfist1965

Reaction score
Sin$
It's been a number of years since I flashed a phat Liteon. I have the Via 6421 card, a CK3 Lite and a CK3 probe. I'm fine with everything up to this point: "Step 10.) You HAVE to do this VERY FAST. Put the Probe 3 on the Probe Point, MPX01. Hit Yes to the Pop-Up, with the probe still on, and push down the button then let go within a Second.". Push down the button? Every tut I see says push down the button. I've never had a button on my CK3 probe. What is the alternative? My probe tip is spingy and can push down. Is that the same thing? Or do I use the power switch on the CK3 Lite? I've flashed a couple of Liteons in the past so I know it's possible with the hardware I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A

AKAMacC

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. I can't get past the part where you turn the drive off for X seconds and turn it back on. It says fails versus saving the dvdkey. I can get jungleflasher to extract the key but that's it. Here is my drive info:

Xbox Dash Version:

DVD Drive info (on label of drive):
DG-16D2S-09C
July, 2009
A0A2
83850C

Thanks for any help!

ccfman2004

ccfman2004

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the X360 v2 and for some reason I can't get Windows to detect the ck3i part of it any more. Windows sees the X360 part but not the COM part. Not sure why.

I've tried Windows 7 32 and 64 bit and Windows 10 64-bit.

What is the latest firmware for it? I have 0.20 installed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register