What's new

Solved Non Whitelisted DVARs

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

But you can just call me Ozzy.
Reaction score
So with the whole new two controller GPD method, I was wondering if I could do some non whitelisted DVARs like (I think this isn't whitelisted correct me if I'm wrong.) cg_drawfps and cg_fov would I be in risk for a ban, I just want to do it with FOV as I'm a PC player and sitting close to the screen, would it work online without a JTAG/RGH and would I run a risk for a ban, does it only detect rank jumps or what?

M

made2kil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump, please answer!
As, far as I know all of the Dvars are whitelisted accept for the ones on that specific gametype, set at normal values.

But even if those commands you have above worked, you would probably get banned for tampering with the GPD.

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

Reaction score
As, far as I know all of the Dvars are whitelisted accept for the ones on that specific gametype, set at normal values.

But even if those commands you have above worked, you would probably get banned for tampering with the GPD.
Well I've tampered with my GPD with Custom Class names and nothing...

M

made2kil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've tampered with my GPD with Custom Class names and nothing...
I mean tampering with the Dvars. Edit class names, sensitivity, ect.. Won't show up as a red flag because there is no 'extra stuff'. Now if you add a Dvar that isn't supposed to be there that will set off a red flag because it's not native to the GPD.

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

Reaction score
I mean tampering with the Dvars. Edit class names, sensitivity, ect.. Won't show up as a red flag because there is no 'extra stuff'. Now if you add a Dvar that isn't supposed to be there that will set off a red flag because it's not native to the GPD.
What if I tried something like this:
set bot_difficulty "cg_fov 80; cl_wadefps 1"
Since "set bot_difficulty" is already in the GPD will it not set the "red flag" off? This should work according to clt42's thread.

iTzZ Fenix

iTzZ Fenix

Getting There
Reaction score
Since "set bot_difficulty" is already in the GPD will it not set the "red flag" off? This should work according to clt42's thread.

white list dvars means to make the game only accept dvars that are from the .GPD

also clt42 sad to do it using setfromdvar, but it will probably do not work because when you type "SET" the game will expect:

set "dvar" "value"

and the same way when you type "SETFROMDVAR" the game will expect:

SetFromDvar "dvar to set" "dvar to be set from"

M

made2kil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This wouldn't work because 'set bot_difficulty' is the dvar and 'cg_fov 80; cl_wadefps 1' isn't a spot for a dvar, this is a spot for the value of the dvar (set bot_difficulty). Which the value would be 1, or whatever is usually there.

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

Reaction score
white list dvars means to make the game only accept dvars that are from the .GPD

also clt42 sad to do it using setfromdvar, but it will probably do not work because when you type "SET" the game will expect:

set "dvar" "value"

and the same way when you type "SETFROMDVAR" the game will expect:

SetFromDvar "dvar to set" "dvar to be set from"
Well, I was a bit confused when he said cl_wadefps "setFromDvar cl_wadefps scr_xpscale"
and I thought that the value of anything could be used like that.
Oh well, I guess it doesn't work, thanks for the input though.
M made2kil Thanks for your input too.

M

made2kil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I was a bit confused when he said cl_wadefps "setFromDvar cl_wadefps scr_xpscale"
Oh well, I guess it doesn't work, thanks for the input though.
M made2kil Thanks for your input too.

Your welcome and like you were saying above,
In some instances it can be used like that, for example, I have never heard, and have no idea of how to use this dvar, 'cl_wadefps', there for the value very well could be another dvar depending on how Infinity Ward made/coded their game.

Ozzypozzy

Ozzypozzy

Reaction score
Your welcome and like you were saying above,

In some instances it can be used like that, for example, I have never heard, and have no idea of how to use this dvar, 'cl_wadefps', there for the value very well could be another dvar depending on how Infinity Ward made/coded their game.
cl_wadefps is to display the FPS in the top right corner, also it was made by Treyarch unless you mean Infinity Ward making the IW3 engine

M

made2kil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cl_wadefps is to display the FPS in the top right corner, also it was made by Treyarch unless you mean Infinity Ward making the IW3 engine

Oh, see I had always seen cg_drawfps '1' ect.. Also yea I meant Treyarch :3

Top Bottom