Non-Modded + Save Corrupted

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by NecroSado, Nov 30, 2008 with 6 replies and 2,023 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NecroSado

NecroSado Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi, i have a problem with a non-modded xbox 360, and a real save being "corrupted". I tell this here 'cause you seem to know alot about this.

What happened, is that a friend of mine came to see me with his HD, so we can play GH3 and GH: WT with all songs unlocked. All went fine, and we also played Left 4 death. When he came back home, these 3 games saves file we played on my xbox were corrupted. He lost about 1 year of GH3, and other saves too, but all games we didn't played are still working! Something strange is that he brought back his HD to my place, and it's save are working on my console...

May this be related to console resign id or something like that? Customer Service told him it's lost and he have to restart all games from the beginning.

Is there a way to get these save files working on his machine without modding our xbox?

Thanks for your replies, this is very sad day for him...

2. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have never heard of that before, but i guess it could have changed the console IDs to that of your xbox. You could save the files to your computer through Xport or Microsofts HDD transfer cable then resign with the proper console and profile IDs.

3. OP
    NecroSado

NecroSado Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's what i thought, but is there a way i could easily find out the console ID and the profile ID? Also, i need to be invited to 360gamesaves.com to be able to resign it? or there's a tool to do it on my own (and without sharing its save to everyone...)?

4. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    All released kaypairs were banned on the launche of the NXE. You can pay 10 bucks to get a resigner from superaison and skatezero at Haloelites.org. Or if you know how you could make your own.

5. OP
    NecroSado

NecroSado Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So, if the save wouldn't corrupted with my own IDs, it wouldn't have worked on my console at all? This is confusing... the save game is only supposed to work the the original xbox it was create with?

6. Brown Wigga

Brown Wigga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Tell you the truth, ive got no ****ing clue how the whole swapping of the HDD thing works. I'm just assuming that is what has happend because why else would it work on your console and not his?

7. OP
    NecroSado

NecroSado Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's what i think too.
    We'll take a look, at what can be done..

I'm a developper and could make something on my own, but as you said, i should know what have to be done before coding anything. And i guess this is the kind of things peoples aren't talking about, eh? :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.