What's new

Unsolved Non-Genuine Dell Battery Error

• Thread starter DALEGEND121
  • Start date
  • Views 402
D

DALEGEND121

Reaction score
I recently bought a replacement off-brand battery for my dell laptop on amazon and when I replaced the battery, I got an error saying that it was a non-genuine dell battery and it won't charge or even turn on with the battery inserted without a charger. I was wondering if I could somehow trick the laptop into thinking that it was a genuine battery and continue using the replacement battery without going out of my way and buying a $65+ genuine dell battery. Would really appreciate any help on this at all. Thanks

Operating System
  1. Windows
Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Stickied Bright Idea Free Hoster
Reaction score
When you start the laptop, keep tapping F2 until the BIOS screen shows up.
Then scroll right to Advanced. Then scroll down to Adapter Warnings.
Change enabled to Disabled. Scroll to EXIT
Make sure "Exit Saving Changes" is selected, then hit "Enter" on keyboard, then "Yes".
That's it!

D

DALEGEND121

Reaction score
I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. All that really does is stop warning you if the adapter you're using is too underpowered for your laptop. I need something that tricks the laptop into thinking that the non-genuine battery is legit.

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Glitcher Mythical Veteran Modder
Reaction score
I recently bought a replacement off-brand battery for my dell laptop on amazon and when I replaced the battery, I got an error saying that it was a non-genuine dell battery and it won't charge or even turn on with the battery inserted without a charger. I was wondering if I could somehow trick the laptop into thinking that it was a genuine battery and continue using the replacement battery without going out of my way and buying a $65+ genuine dell battery. Would really appreciate any help on this at all. Thanks

If you still haven't figured it out yet , try this:

Remove Charging pin from Laptop socket.(ensure power cable is connected ofcourse)
Click start and type device in the search field, then select “Device Manager“.
You can also find Device Manager by right click on the “My Computer” icon.
Expand the Batteries category and right click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”, then select Uninstall.
Right and Click “Scan for hardware changes”
Wait for 10 seconds and Plug in Charger again.
If it doesn't work, reboot and try the same steps again.

Doesn't work,
Try removing the battery cable.
Now hold the power button down for 30 seconds connect battery again, power it on.
If the above steps do not work, perform the same steps with both Coin cell and Main battery disconnected.

If those options don't work,

Then you may need to buy a different battery, I know you probably don't want to, but would be a best option.
Just make sure it's the correct specs/laptop type prior to purchasing.

Hope this helped.