Web NodeBot - Official Release and Discussion Thread

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
tTv0qas.png
About NodeBot
NodeBot is an IRC bot created in NodeJS. It's really as simple as that. I originally developed it for personal use however as I decided to release it publicly and keep adding onto it. And yes, it can be used on most any IRC server. I've tested it on 2 servers.

How to Use NodeBot
It's simple, edit the settings file in the config folder and save it. Then run the bot via node terminal with "node NodeBot.js". That's it!

Features in NodeBot
Besides being just an IRC bot, I've also created a backend terminal with commands for NodeBot. I've worked hard to make sure everything is user-friendly and looks nice for you all.
With the IRC commands, right now there's only a few including Google search, weather, 8ball, and more.

Version and Downloads
Current Version: 1.0
Download v1.0 (here is a virus scan it you must have it)

View NodeBot's source

What's New in 1.0?
- Administrator, whitelist, and blacklist added (may still be buggy)
- Backend console add (with all the commands)
- Ability to quit the bot inside the console
- !slap improved on
- !8ball added
- !weather added
- Settings file integrated
- Channel logging added
- Incoming raw messages from IRC server parsed for console
- Version checking added (it won't let you run the bot without the newest version)
- Welcome message added for users that join.

Problems or Bugs?
Please report it here.

Donations
If you want to donate, I am more than grateful to accept seeing as how I run completely off of donations. I will not force you to donate anything, but I am allowing you to donate.
Remember this, when you donate...you're not donating to me, ColdfireTube, but your donating to AlterCodeStudios (and Silent Games, since they're basically the same).
Click here to donate

Screenshots will come later :smile: Currently not at home. :tongue:

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking forward to see some screenshots. Nice release nevertheless, always nice to see people release things for free.

Stilldabomb

Stilldabomb

Personal Terrorist
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh my god! You did NodeJS! Did you listen to what I said about SocketIO? Lol

P.S. Domain is down :/

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh my god! You did NodeJS! Did you listen to what I said about SocketIO? Lol

P.S. Domain is down :/
It's always been in NodeJS since the beginning.
And SocketIO? No. I didn't pay any attention or I don't remember. Sorry.

And yeah, give it a few more days. It's transferring. Sorry. Thought it was all taken care of but I guess not.
Until then...
https://bitbucket.org/AlterCodeStudios/nodebot

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Update
So along with my other stuff I've been working on NodeBot too! :smile:
I've added more functions to it along with some miscellaneous stuff. Here's some stuff so far..
  • Version info (now you can get the current NodeBot version in the IRC, not a big thing...but just a small addition)
  • The Urban Dictionary command has been added.
  • A definition command has been added.
  • Vowel recognition with the slap command has been added (now it doesn't show "a(n)", but it shows the correct form depending on the item).
  • You can now private message someone from the bot with a pm command.
That's it really for now. I'm working on some more things along with a possible AI response based system? Maybe sometime in the future. I'm also working on the poll and survey stuff. That one is a bit more complicated so I'm trying to think of a good system for that.
I'm going to also have more functions for people in PM along with maybe a "silent kick" command so you can kick your friends without insulting them.
I may also add more console commands if I think of more and put more detail in the commands.

Is there anything else you guys would like?
I do have an idea I would like to run by the community. I'm thinking about maybe creating a web end where you can use your own instance of the bot. With your own settings and you can manage the bot itself. Maybe someone like this would be useful? What do you all think?

Stilldabomb

Stilldabomb

Personal Terrorist
Reaction score
Sin$
Update
So along with my other stuff I've been working on NodeBot too! :smile:
I've added more functions to it along with some miscellaneous stuff. Here's some stuff so far..
  • Version info (now you can get the current NodeBot version in the IRC, not a big thing...but just a small addition)
  • The Urban Dictionary command has been added.
  • A definition command has been added.
  • Vowel recognition with the slap command has been added (now it doesn't show "a(n)", but it shows the correct form depending on the item).
  • You can now private message someone from the bot with a pm command.
That's it really for now. I'm working on some more things along with a possible AI response based system? Maybe sometime in the future. I'm also working on the poll and survey stuff. That one is a bit more complicated so I'm trying to think of a good system for that.
I'm going to also have more functions for people in PM along with maybe a "silent kick" command so you can kick your friends without insulting them.
I may also add more console commands if I think of more and put more detail in the commands.

Is there anything else you guys would like?
I do have an idea I would like to run by the community. I'm thinking about maybe creating a web end where you can use your own instance of the bot. With your own settings and you can manage the bot itself. Maybe someone like this would be useful? What do you all think?
Although I haven't used this yet, a web end is something you should definitely add, as that's really useful. Since this could also be used for Twitch streams being that they run on IRC :smile:

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Although I haven't used this yet, a web end is something you should definitely add, as that's really useful. Since this could also be used for Twitch streams being that they run on IRC :smile:
Twitch IRC requires more stuff, although I may do something with a Twitch Bot, I don't feel comfortable just yet with doing that.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Another update, I'm rewriting NodeBot from the ground up. Except this time. It's a module. :smile:
I might upload to npm, but haven't decided yet.

Here's an example of what you would do...
Code:
var node = require('nodebot');
var bot = node.ConnectNodeBot('irc.freenode.net', 'MrBoterific');
node.ConnectToChannel('#channel');
node.ListenToChat(bot, blacklist, administrators);
And that would be basically how you use it..right now at least. I'm currently rewriting the functions and building the module.

Top Bottom
Login
Register