Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
tTv0qas.png

What is NodeBot you ask? NodeBot is an IRC bot coded for Freenode in Node.js! Simple as that. I originally used under the nick MonkeyBlaster (registered to me, so don't you even try), but I decided to keep updating it and just release it publicly.

Current version that's available for download is a partial release of v1.0! When I do a full release it will be here and the download will be available.

If you would like to make a suggestion for NodeBot, please feel free to make it here! Also, give me some feedback if you wish.

All the info for using it and the commands is on the overview on the Git. Please keep in mind that this is not a full time thing for me, it's a side project...so...yeah.

Click here to go to the source

Donations
If you want to donate, I am more than grateful to accept seeing as how I run completely off of donations. I will not force you to donate anything, but I am allowing you to donate.
Remember this, when you donate...you're not donating to me, ColdfireTube, but your donating to AlterCodeStudios (and Silent Games technically).
Click here to donate

QH0RYRF.png

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, i have seen some IRC Bots around i seen one where it would learn from users in the server as they were talking it would then respond

WUB WUB M8

WUB WUB M8

Kali Linux and I are the best of friends.
Reaction score
Sin$
tTv0qas.png

What is NodeBot you ask? NodeBot is an IRC bot coded for Freenode in Node.js! Simple as that. I originally used under the nick MonkeyBlaster (registered to me, so don't you even try), but I decided to keep updating it and just release it publicly.

Current version that's available for download is a partial release of v1.0! When I do a full release it will be here and the download will be available.

If you would like to make a suggestion for NodeBot, please feel free to make it here! Also, give me some feedback if you wish.

All the info for using it and the commands is on the overview on the Git. Please keep in mind that this is not a full time thing for me, it's a side project...so...yeah.

Click here to go to the source

Donations
If you want to donate, I am more than grateful to accept seeing as how I run completely off of donations. I will not force you to donate anything, but I am allowing you to donate.
Remember this, when you donate...you're not donating to me, ColdfireTube, but your donating to AlterCodeStudios (and Silent Games technically).
Click here to donate

QH0RYRF.png
That is pretty cool. I might download later.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, i have seen some IRC Bots around i seen one where it would learn from users in the server as they were talking it would then respond
That would be like an AI. I am not creating an AI IRC Bot. :tongue:
For this, you have to use commands. :tongue:

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Currently adding whitelist members, administration, blacklisting, and bot modes (mute, free, etc.). Anything else anyone would like me to add? :tongue:

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I typed an update earlier but the images are broken so I figured this will be a good time to type up another update for you all.
It has been quite some time since I updated. I kind of dropped the project after I had trouble figuring out the best way to get some things working. I have come back though and have gotten even more than I imagined done!

Although it doesn't look like I've done much with the bot in the IRC channel, I have done a lot. I've added a lot of backend stuff...
Now you can control the bot via terminal with a custom made interface. Here's some screenshots of everything!

e658d9d91911d7385ce8128004073320.png

10e8359d25917a60728a7700d79b378a.png

db01f47aba75c8765a2f2b79d21ea89b.png

b25bdbfe81c9c3587024f7e21c520602.png

The lists are completely customizable inside the config folder.
Code:
config/administrators
config/whitelist
config/blacklist

Here's an example of using the slap command in chat. It chooses a random object from the list (config/IRC/slapItems).
0d22da2845e669d4b9beae2d781db7d2.png

And one extra thing I shall mention. I do parse all raw data coming in and display the arguments accordingly.
bff33de3a95a167b374f8055b5c5bf4f.png

Some things I want to add is the ability to learn...if that makes sense. Like recording and learning from things said to the bot and how to respond to them. Not sure yet.
Also will be adding a weather API soon. Maybe. Still deciding on that one too. Deciding who's I should use!

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Why not add multiple and allow users to modify which is used?
Because each one acts differently. I wanted to use Forecast.io's but it requires latitude and longitude and honestly that would be to much work for my users. I might use Yahoo Weather. However. I'll look at some more options with Forecast.io.
No matter what though, I need to write functions for each. Soooo....yeah.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay boys and girls. I'm deciding on a few things here. The logs are up and working. Each channel is store under ChatLogs/#channelname.nodebot.

Next thing on the list I'm considering is getting a settings file set up so you, as the user, never has to open the main NodeBot file. I'll be setting that up about now. Well starting it.

Anything else you guys like to see?
Still trying to get the weather thing worked out. It's weird because the request isn't coming back right. Truly strange. Before I update the Git though I want to make sure the code looks nice and everything nice and pretty.

One major thing is I need some help here. Should I make it so that the bot pulls from a list online for the response (for things like slap and 8ball) or should I leave that local? Should I make a setting for it? I might just make a setting for it. :tongue:

Still need some ideas of what to add for version 1.0 full release! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register