What's new

Tutorial No0b3rT's In Depth, Noob Friendly Tutorial to Flashing Any PHAT LiteOn with LT+ 3.0

• Thread starter Noobert
  • Start date
  • Views 32,398
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Moderator can Close this, Making a new guide :smile:

Last edited:
Lea

Lea

VIP
VIP
End of the Year 2013 Bright Idea Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I just like to say i don`t get involved with this sort of modding but this is 1 of the best TUT`S i have ever seen mate it has so much detail in it.
do all i want to say it thank`s mate good work pal.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just like to say i don`t get involved with this sort of modding but this is 1 of the best TUT`S i have ever seen mate it has so much detail in it.
do all i want to say it thank`s mate good work pal.

Thanks dude, I really appreciate that :smile:

Mr TenseJACOB

Mr TenseJACOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I Have to say, I really like this TUT. It answered All of my questions that i had about Flashing Drives. I will deffinetly be using this TUT in the future

G

uz3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Incredibly detailed guide! I did not need it but I'm sure I'll use this as a refresher!

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just realized, this is in the Modding Section. Could a Moderator move it to the Firmware Flashing Section? lol

B

BigTonyOfDC

Reaction score
Sin$
guess I shoulda looked in the Modding section :wink:

Great tutorial, I'll definitely be following this. May be a dumb question, but if I get the CK3i I wont need the CK3, will I?

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Flash Any Phat LiteOn Drive with LT+ 3.0

This ENTIRE Tutorial was Written by No0b3rT (Me). I typed Every Letter, I took Every Picture, Everything Belongs to Me in this Tutorial.

******************************************************************​
*Note*After the 13146 Dashboard Update, LiteOn DVD Drives are No Longer Detected as 74850c, 83850c, or 93450c. The Firmware on all Phat LiteOn Drives is 0251c. Another Note, This is for all PHAT Xbox 360s not Slim.

If You Don't Want to Read, Watch the In-Depth Videos

Have Lower Firmware? Then Watch This to Update to LT+ 3.0

What You Need and What is Recommended to Flash

Firstly, Download THIS File. It's a .Zip file with JungleFlasher, all the Firmware, and All the Drivers.

I forgot to Inlcude the CK3i Drivers, so you can download them HERE.

You Can Order the Tools Separately or Go Here to Buy them as a Bundle.
(The Bundle is Cheaper then Buying them Separately)

Team-Xecuter's CK3i
(Recommended for All Flashes)
CK3i.png
Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's CK3 Pro with the USB Cable
Pro.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's X360USB Pro
X360USB.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's Probe v3
(Not Needed for BenQ, Samsung, or Hitachi. NEEDED for LiteOn Flash)
Probe.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Any Molex Power Supply (External or from the Computer)
(Recommended for Any Flash)
Power.jpg

Buy it from eBay

Opening the Xbox 360

What You Need to Open the Xbox 360

Torx T9 Screwdriver
(Linked to Lowes Website)

Screenshot2011-04-20at12150PM.png

Step 1.) Unplug everything from your Xbox 360. AV Cables, HDD, Power Cable, USBs, etc...

Step 2.) Take off the Faceplate to your Xbox 360 and look at the top where the HDD would normally go.

Step 3.) There are 2 (Two) Slots towards the front of the Xbox 360. Stick the T9 Torx Screwdriver in there until you hear a click, and the do it in the other slot. When they both click, pull the front up.
Step3Second.png

Step 4.) Now that you have the Top, you have to get the Middle, and the Bottom. On the Side (still on the top near the HDD) there are 2 Filled in White Holes. Stick the T9 Torx Screwdriver in between the filled in hole until you hear the click, just like before. Then do it on the other side, and lift up.
Step4Second.png

Step 5.) Then do the Bottom. Like the middle, there are 2 Filled in White Holes. Stick the Screwdriver in between them and hear the click. Do it to the other side, and lift up. Now the entire top panel should be off.

Step 6.) Now that the entire top panel is off, you have to do the bottom. The bottom is just like the top. There are 3 Filled in White Holes, as seen in the picture below. Just stick the T9 Screwdriver into there, hear the clicks, do it on the other side, and lift.
Step6Second.png

Step 7.) Now you have the Face Plate off, the Top Panel, and the Bottom Panel off.

Step 8.) Now this, is the hardest part of the entire process.

Step 9.) You will see on the front of the Xbox 360 there are 3 Tabs. All the way to the Left, Under the Warranty Sticker, and All the Way to the Right.
Step9Second.png

Step 10.) Stick your nail, or something small, under the tabs, and lift up. Your Xbox 360 Should now be able to do this.
Step10Second.jpg

Step 11.) This is hard to do for Some people, but trust me. Turn the Xbox 360 Upside down, and pull the entire side of the Xbox Back AS HARD as you can. It should Detach entirely from the Xbox 360. Your Xbox 360 should now have 1 (One) Entire half missing.

Step 12.) Now take off the DVD Eject Button.

Step 13.) Now take the Torx T9 Screwdriver, and unscrew the 6 Indicated Screws.
Step13Second.png

Step 14.) Turn it around, after everything is unscrewed, and lift the remaining White half of the Xbox 360 up.

Step 15.) You should Now be able to see the Motherboard and the DVD Drive.
Step15Second.jpg

The Flashing Process

Step 1.) Take out the DVD Drive from the Xbox 360 by removing the Power and the SATA Chord from the Back of it.

Step1Third.jpg

Step 2.) Turn the DVD Drive over and you'll see 4 Screws Indicated below.

Step2Third.png

Step 3.) Unscrew the Screws with a Regular Philips Screwdriver.

Step 4.) Remove the Bottom Panel of the DVD Drive so you can see the bottom of the laser and the Motherboard.
Step4Third.png

Step 5.) NOW We are Completely ready to Flash the Drive.

Your setup should look somewhat similar to this:
Setup.jpg

Step 6.) On the motherboard, locate the point, MPX01. (This is the Probe Point)

IMG_0963.png
MPX01.png

Step 7.) Extract the file you SHOULD HAVE downloaded. Go to Everything to Flash, JungleFlasher (LT+ 3.0), and Open JungleFlasher. If you're on Vista or 7 Run as Administrator.

Step 8.) Go to the DVDKey 32 Tab. Under I/O Port go through every single option until you see your drive pop up. On the Right Under Com Port, Choose COM3 or COM4 (Whichever one is the CK3 Pro).

Step 9.) Click on the Button PhatKey, and this Message will Pop-Up:
Step13.png

Step 10.) You HAVE to do this VERY FAST. Put the Probe 3 on the Probe Point, MPX01. Hit Yes to the Pop-Up, with the probe still on, and push down the button then let go within a Second.

Probing-1.jpg
ButtonDown.jpg

Step 11.) If done correctly, another Pop-Up will come up saying this:
Extract.png

Step 12.) Remove the Probe. Hit Ok and Hold the Probe Button for 5 Seconds and then let go.

Step 13.) If this is done correctly, a box will come up asking you to save files. Make a folder in "My Documents" called Keys. Save every file it asks you to in there.

Saving.png

Step 14.) After you save Dummy.bin it was ask if you would like to Auto-Load Lite-on iXtreme LT+ Firmware. Hit Yes.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105153AM.jpg

Step 15.) After you hit yes, you will notice that the Top Box and the Bottom Box are exactly the same, if they're not, hit "Spoof Source to Target" 3-5 Times.
SpoofTarget.png

Step 16.) Go into the MTK Flash 32 Tab at the Top of JungleFlasher.

Step 17.) Hit the Lite-On Erase button you will get 2 Pop-Ups, one right after the other. Hit Yes, to the First One.
Erase.png

Step 18.) GET READY! The Second Pop-Up will come up. Hit Yes, wait about 1-2 Second(s) TURN OFF your CK3 Pro, and then TURN IT BACK ON all within less then 2 Seconds.

Step 19.) If done correctly, your Settings should be Identical, or very close to my settings on the right. If you DID NOT get it, hit the button that says "Intro / Device ID". A Pop-Up will come up, hit Ok and again, turn off your CK3 Pro and Turn it back on. This time within 1 Second.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105435AM.jpg

Step 20.) Once your settings are correct, hit Write.

Step 21.) It will now begin to Write the iXtreme LT+ 3.0 Firmware to Your LiteOn DVD Drive.

Step 22.) Once complete JungleFlasher will say this.
Verified.png

Step 23.) Once the Flash is Verified hit Outro / ATA Reset.
ATAReset.png

Step 24.) Make Sure that Your Settings are the same as mine, and your DVD Key is Verified.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105523AM.jpg

Step 25.) Eject your Drive to Make sure it works, and then eject it to close it.

Step 26.) Turn off the CK3 Pro's Power, Unplug the SATA Cable, and the Power Cable from the Back of your DVD Drive. Put the Back Panel back onto the DVD Drive and Screw it in. Put the Xbox 360 Back together and Enjoy Playing Back-Ups :w00t: :tongue: :frantics:

Thank You
~No0b3rT

How to Flash Any Phat LiteOn Drive with LT+ 3.0

This ENTIRE Tutorial was Written by No0b3rT (Me). I typed Every Letter, I took Every Picture, Everything Belongs to Me in this Tutorial.

*Note*After the 13146 Dashboard Update, LiteOn DVD Drives are No Longer Detected as 74850c, 83850c, or 93450c. The Firmware on all Phat LiteOn Drives is 0251c. Another Note, This is for all PHAT Xbox 360s not Slim.

If You Don't Want to Read, Watch the In-Depth Videos

Have Lower Firmware? Then Watch This to Update to LT+ 3.0

What You Need and What is Recommended to Flash

Firstly, Download THIS File. It's a .Zip file with JungleFlasher, all the Firmware, and All the Drivers.

I forgot to Inlcude the CK3i Drivers, so you can download them HERE.

You Can Order the Tools Separately or Go Here to Buy them as a Bundle.
(The Bundle is Cheaper then Buying them Separately)

Team-Xecuter's CK3i
CK3i.png
Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's CK3 Pro with the USB Cable
Pro.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's X360USB Pro
X360USB.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Team-Xecuter's Probe v3
(Not Needed for BenQ, Samsung, or Hitachi. NEEDED for LiteOn Flash)
Probe.jpg

Buy it if You're from:
United States of America
Europe
United Kingdom
Canada
France
Sweden
Australia

Any Molex Power Supply (External or from the Computer)
(Recommended for Any Flash)
Power.jpg

Buy it from eBay

Opening the Xbox 360

What You Need to Open the Xbox 360

Torx T9 Screwdriver
(Linked to Lowes Website)

Screenshot2011-04-20at12150PM.png

Step 1.) Unplug everything from your Xbox 360. AV Cables, HDD, Power Cable, USBs, etc...

Step 2.) Take off the Faceplate to your Xbox 360 and look at the top where the HDD would normally go.

Step 3.) There are 2 (Two) Slots towards the front of the Xbox 360. Stick the T9 Torx Screwdriver in there until you hear a click, and the do it in the other slot. When they both click, pull the front up.
Step3Second.png

Step 4.) Now that you have the Top, you have to get the Middle, and the Bottom. On the Side (still on the top near the HDD) there are 2 Filled in White Holes. Stick the T9 Torx Screwdriver in between the filled in hole until you hear the click, just like before. Then do it on the other side, and lift up.
Step4Second.png

Step 5.) Then do the Bottom. Like the middle, there are 2 Filled in White Holes. Stick the Screwdriver in between them and hear the click. Do it to the other side, and lift up. Now the entire top panel should be off.

Step 6.) Now that the entire top panel is off, you have to do the bottom. The bottom is just like the top. There are 3 Filled in White Holes, as seen in the picture below. Just stick the T9 Screwdriver into there, hear the clicks, do it on the other side, and lift.
Step6Second.png

Step 7.) Now you have the Face Plate off, the Top Panel, and the Bottom Panel off.

Step 8.) Now this, is the hardest part of the entire process.

Step 9.) You will see on the front of the Xbox 360 there are 3 Tabs. All the way to the Left, Under the Warranty Sticker, and All the Way to the Right.
Step9Second.png

Step 10.) Stick your nail, or something small, under the tabs, and lift up. Your Xbox 360 Should now be able to do this.
Step10Second.jpg

Step 11.) This is hard to do for Some people, but trust me. Turn the Xbox 360 Upside down, and pull the entire side of the Xbox Back AS HARD as you can. It should Detach entirely from the Xbox 360. Your Xbox 360 should now have 1 (One) Entire half missing.

Step 12.) Now take off the DVD Eject Button.

Step 13.) Now take the Torx T9 Screwdriver, and unscrew the 6 Indicated Screws.
Step13Second.png

Step 14.) Turn it around, after everything is unscrewed, and lift the remaining White half of the Xbox 360 up.

Step 15.) You should Now be able to see the Motherboard and the DVD Drive.
Step15Second.jpg

The Flashing Process

Step 1.) Take out the DVD Drive from the Xbox 360 by removing the Power and the SATA Chord from the Back of it.

Step1Third.jpg

Step 2.) Turn the DVD Drive over and you'll see 4 Screws Indicated below.

Step2Third.png

Step 3.) Unscrew the Screws with a Regular Philips Screwdriver.

Step 4.) Remove the Bottom Panel of the DVD Drive so you can see the bottom of the laser and the Motherboard.
Step4Third.png

Step 5.) NOW We are Completely ready to Flash the Drive.

Your setup should look somewhat similar to this:
Setup.jpg

Step 6.) On the motherboard, locate the point, MPX01. (This is the Probe Point)

IMG_0963.png
MPX01.png

Step 7.) Extract the file you SHOULD HAVE downloaded. Go to Everything to Flash, JungleFlasher (LT+ 3.0), and Open JungleFlasher. If you're on Vista or 7 Run as Administrator.

Step 8.) Go to the DVDKey 32 Tab. Under I/O Port go through every single option until you see your drive pop up. On the Right Under Com Port, Choose COM3 or COM4 (Whichever one is the CK3 Pro).

Step 9.) Click on the Button PhatKey, and this Message will Pop-Up:
Step13.png

Step 10.) You HAVE to do this VERY FAST. Put the Probe 3 on the Probe Point, MPX01. Hit Yes to the Pop-Up, with the probe still on, and push down the button then let go within a Second.

Probing-1.jpg
ButtonDown.jpg

Step 11.) If done correctly, another Pop-Up will come up saying this:
Extract.png

Step 12.) Remove the Probe. Hit Ok and Hold the Probe Button for 5 Seconds and then let go.

Step 13.) If this is done correctly, a box will come up asking you to save files. Make a folder in "My Documents" called Keys. Save every file it asks you to in there.

Saving.png

Step 14.) After you save Dummy.bin it was ask if you would like to Auto-Load Lite-on iXtreme LT+ Firmware. Hit Yes.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105153AM.jpg

Step 15.) After you hit yes, you will notice that the Top Box and the Bottom Box are exactly the same, if they're not, hit "Spoof Source to Target" 3-5 Times.
SpoofTarget.png

Step 16.) Go into the MTK Flash 32 Tab at the Top of JungleFlasher.

Step 17.) Hit the Lite-On Erase button you will get 2 Pop-Ups, one right after the other. Hit Yes, to the First One.
Erase.png

Step 18.) GET READY! The Second Pop-Up will come up. Hit Yes, wait about 1-2 Second(s) TURN OFF your CK3 Pro, and then TURN IT BACK ON all within less then 2 Seconds.

Step 19.) If done correctly, your Settings should be Identical, or very close to my settings on the right. If you DID NOT get it, hit the button that says "Intro / Device ID". A Pop-Up will come up, hit Ok and again, turn off your CK3 Pro and Turn it back on. This time within 1 Second.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105435AM.jpg

Step 20.) Once your settings are correct, hit Write.

Step 21.) It will now begin to Write the iXtreme LT+ 3.0 Firmware to Your LiteOn DVD Drive.

Step 22.) Once complete JungleFlasher will say this.
Verified.png

Step 23.) Once the Flash is Verified hit Outro / ATA Reset.
ATAReset.png

Step 24.) Make Sure that Your Settings are the same as mine, and your DVD Key is Verified.

ScreenShot2012-01-01at105523AM.jpg

Step 25.) Eject your Drive to Make sure it works, and then eject it to close it.

Step 26.) Turn off the CK3 Pro's Power, Unplug the SATA Cable, and the Power Cable from the Back of your DVD Drive. Put the Back Panel back onto the DVD Drive and Screw it in. Put the Xbox 360 Back together and Enjoy Playing Back-Ups :w00t: :tongue: :frantics:

Thank You
~No0b3rT

Excelllent tutorial,exactly what I've been looking for.Cheers.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
guess I shoulda looked in the Modding section :wink:

Great tutorial, I'll definitely be following this. May be a dumb question, but if I get the CK3i I wont need the CK3, will I?
Well the CK3i is to Power the Drive, and to Eject, Put it in different Modes, etc..

Excelllent tutorial,exactly what I've been looking for.Cheers.

No Problem :smile:

Manasou69

Manasou69

Reaction score
Sin$
what if i done it without probe basically updated coz i had it already flashed. but my key doesnt get verified?

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what if i done it without probe basically updated coz i had it already flashed. but my key doesnt get verified?
You need the correct key from the drive.It wont flash without the key.The person who last flashed your drive may still have the key backed up.

Manasou69

Manasou69

Reaction score
Sin$
if currently flashed my drive to lt3.0+. If i update my dashboard to latest will i lose it?My dashboard now is the one that changes all firmwares to l250 or something (dont quite call)

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if currently flashed my drive to lt3.0+. If i update my dashboard to latest will i lose it?My dashboard now is the one that changes all firmwares to l250 or something (dont quite call)
If you are updating from a pre-13146 dash,your drive will be reflashed.So therefore if its pre-13146 dash you should flash to stock before updating.
The 13146 dash update reflashes your drive with a new stock firmware.

T

DoPe x DRiFT3R

GTA IV PC Drifter
Reaction score
Sin$
one question what if you mess up the flash knowing me since i would be a noob at this stuff and wouldnt know what to do since i would be doing it on a laptop, would you need to dump the old firmware into the drive at all? and what would be an easier drive to mod on for a beginner instead on a lite-on drive?

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
one question what if you mess up the flash knowing me since i would be a noob at this stuff and wouldnt know what to do since i would be doing it on a laptop, would you need to dump the old firmware into the drive at all? and what would be an easier drive to mod on for a beginner instead on a lite-on drive?
The liteon 16D2S drives are near impossible to brick when flashing them.They are simple to flash.This tut is excellent if you have never flashed a liteon before.When i was flashing my liteon to lt+3.0 my pc froze during the liteon erase and so JF couldnt recognise my drive.I thought,oh fxxk.But it was simple to get it up and running again.

T

DoPe x DRiFT3R

GTA IV PC Drifter
Reaction score
Sin$
The liteon 16D2S drives are near impossible to brick when flashing them.They are simple to flash.This tut is excellent if you have never flashed a liteon before.When i was flashing my liteon to lt+3.0 my pc froze during the liteon erase and so JF couldnt recognise my drive.I thought,oh fxxk.But it was simple to get it up and running again.
what did you do to get it back to normal? and i have 2 xbox's one that i really dont use that i would like to flash to see if i could do it i have an elite on that i dont want to flash just incase i screw up the other drive i have a regular xbox i could hotswap on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register