No Xbox Live? Unusual error. *Must See*

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Dot, Nov 15, 2008 with 13 replies and 434 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Well to start off I will let everyone know i have a wireless network adapter on my 360.

I have everything hooked up properly and correctly.

It does not connect to xbox live when i press "connect to xbox live" and it takes me to the "Test Xbox Live Connection" screen...

Everything passes EXCEPT Xbox Live.

Very unusual error since this only happens when XBL is updating or something but this isn't happening for everyone else so idk what the deal is?

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If you already have the new update then thats why. Other than that i dont know what would make it do that.

3. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    Have you tried going wired just for a minute to see if it isn't something on your end?

4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    If you have the NXE, then it will fail when trying to connect to xbox live. Only way to fix this is to wait until the 19th.
    Note that you might need to move the console closer to your router. A poor signal strength would allow you to secure a connection to the router along with all the settings, but would fail at actually sending information to and from your adapter.

5. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    You may be banned, check your error codes.

6. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Um how could you already have the new update? It's not out yet...
    I can't do that. My router downstairs and my xbox360 is upstairs and there is no tv near my router.
    What is NXE? I'm guessing it has something to do with the new dashboard. My signal worked fine before and the router hasn't moved neither has the xbox360.
    It's almost impossible for me to be banned since I'm 100% legit. If they accidentally banned me then are losing money because i literally spend $100 a month on M$ Points. lol

All in all i just want to play my Xbox360 on live. And not have to wait 3 more days when i dont have the next 2 days off work.

7. 360Modder

360Modder Getting There

Ratings:
    thats happend to me just restart your router:thumbup:

8. S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L /ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/ Premium

Ratings:
    The NXE is the new dashboard update and yes you can get. It was leaked but if you install it on your 360 it disables LIVE on that console until the 19th (the day the NXE is being released).

9. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I did that. Didn't do anything.
    Well considering I'm 100% legit then that is not a possibility lol.

Bump. I just called Xbox Support and the first thing you hear is "We are having some issues with some players not being able to sign into Xbox Live, if your calling for this reason please hang up and wait about 1 hour before trying it again. For status updates on the situation please go to support.xbox.com."

Well its been 2 days now!
    And there are no "status updates" at support.xbox.com!

Nice support system M$ has eh? :thumbdown:

10. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    Did you check the status codes?

11. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I will tonight. What difference does that make though? What could you find out with the status code you think?

12. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Do the network test again and when XBL fails go under it to NAT and hit more info, if your banned it will say so there.

13. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:
    To see if you were banned, I have heard of a lot of legit people being banned. Jus look at your Z code it is I believe and google it. If you see all results with bans, chances are... you are banned.

14. OP
    Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I am not banned.

It miraculously decided to work! So I'm back online! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help and dedication though!
    :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.