What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved No power after softmod

Jamie Green

Jamie Green

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I softmodded an original Xbox yesterday all was fine went load chimp when I pulled the cable out the DVD drive to plug in the slave drive it went off the power board is still getting power any advice greatly received

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
I may be wrong i haven't modded my original xbox but i feel like you shouldn't of pulled that off while it was running. First thing i would do is plug back into the disc drive while off then boot up see if you get video or if messed something up.

Jamie Green

Jamie Green

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
to clone the drives you have to boot to unleash x dash then change the ide cables over its never happened when ive cloned them before your answer is appreciated its all been put back together but still power

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You shorted something if power goes off immediately. Now you have to check the board with multi-meter. Even motherboard alone should power on and show some sort of an error. I once shorted HDD drive motherboard by touching it to metal cage of xbox, luckily only HDD went apes, was funny also.

2 variants: motherboard is dead or power supply.

Top Bottom
Login
Register