Solved No network after RGH

• Thread starter ChronoStriker1
  • Start date
  • Views 5,850
C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
I just finished up installing a coolrunner on a newly bought used Xbox. I only tested it to see if it would turn on, didn't test network. When xell boots up It receives an IP via dhcp and I can connect to its web interface; I can not get it to work the same when it boots normally. Ive set the IP manually and it still will not connect to my network. Anyone have any suggestions on my next steps?

P

Piricho

Reaction score
Sin$
I just finished up installing a coolrunner on a newly bought used Xbox. I only tested it to see if it would turn on, didn't test network. When xell boots up It receives an IP via dhcp and I can connect to its web interface; I can not get it to work the same when it boots normally. Ive set the IP manually and it still will not connect to my network. Anyone have any suggestions on my next steps?

I'm no expert but i'm pretty sure i had to run either FSD or XeXMenu to get a FTP setup on the 360.
Try running XeXMenu and check the IP there. User/pass is xbox/xbox.

C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
I know I cant ftp through the normal dash, but xexmenu says my ip is 0.0.0.0 and fsd says no network connection detected. I should also note I am trying to connect the xbox to my network via ethernet.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I know I cant ftp through the normal dash, but xexmenu says my ip is 0.0.0.0 and fsd says no network connection detected. I should also note I am trying to connect the xbox to my network via ethernet.
reset modem/router. Have dashlaunch block live DNS, then run a network test via network settings.

C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
Have done that, network test fails at network. Says it cant obtain an ip address from my router. Says the same thing if I manually set the network information.

xIce101x

xIce101x

H2 Legend
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Have done that, network test fails at network. Says it cant obtain an ip address from my router. Says the same thing if I manually set the network information.
that's weird that xell can grab an IP and the normal dash can't. Unfortunately I'm at a loss right now sorry I couldn't help

C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
If you mean my launch.ini here is its contents
Code:
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
Default = Hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex

[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true
contpatch = true
fatalreboot = true
regionspoof = true
contpatch = true
liveblock = true
livestrong = false

If there is an ini for fsd I can get it if you give me the path

boback

boback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you mean my launch.ini here is its contents
Code:
[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
Default = Hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex

[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true
contpatch = true
fatalreboot = true
regionspoof = true
contpatch = true
liveblock = true
livestrong = false

If there is an ini for fsd I can get it if you give me the path
Everything looks ok, are u connecting via wireless, or lan? try to check your lan port or your wireless adapter on your 360.

C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
Connecting via lan, and the port should be working if its working in xell, its just not working in anything else.

T

Tag234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did your NAND have bad blocks? If so, were the remapped correctly? If so, did you write over the spots that were bad in your NAND with 0 blocks??

ex. If C7 and 1FD are bad, Read your NAND and remap 3FF --> C7 and 3FE --> 1FD, Create GGBuild from that, then in GGBuild file: Remap C7 --> 3FF and 1FD --> 3FE and THEN read block wtvr from the NAND, use xvi32 to replace every single piece of data in that block that you read with the hexstring "00" and then write that "0 Block" to C7 and 1FD in your GGBuild NAND

I have had odd issues like this because of bad blocks that were not written over with 0 blocks, even when I remapped them correctly... Stuff like the Guide button not working, or random reboots etc

C

ChronoStriker1

Reaction score
Sin$
I didnt see any msgs about bad blocks when I read the nand. Also I just went out and bought a wireless adapter, it sees the wireless network but it doesn't seem to be able to join the network.

I never noticed the factory reset network settings option. Hit that and the wireless seems to be working.

Top Bottom
Login
Register