News Nintendo Switch Lite Coming out 9/20

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So the new Nintendo Switch Lite just got announced with a release date of 9/20.

• Switch Lite is handheld mode only
  • No TV mode
  • No detachable Joy-Con controllers included
  • No HD rumble/ir motion camera out of the box
  • 30% Better Battery life. 3 - 7 hours
  • Has an actual D-Pad
  • Screen size is smaller 5.5in

D_HaIJDU0AMkN5v

There is also going to be a Pokemon Sword and Shield edition of the console releasing on 11/8.

Last edited:
Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
30% more battery life isn't worth it in my opinion. Especially with not having the ability to dock it. I'll stick with my OG one.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
30% more battery life isn't worth it in my opinion. Especially with not having the ability to dock it. I'll stick with my OG one.
I have been wondering if they say it won't be able to dock and output to a TV, is it because they removed the hardware/blocked the coding? Or is it that with its size it just won't fit in a standard dock, so you would need to do some slight modifications.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been wondering if they say it won't be able to dock and output to a TV, is it because they removed the hardware/blocked the coding? Or is it that with its size it just won't fit in a standard dock, so you would need to do some slight modifications.
I'm not sure, I doubt they'd put the hardware in it. I don't think it would fit the standard dock since it was made as a handheld. So I guess I'd say it's both. I don't even think the joycons disconnect.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The great thing is, that Nintendo also announced that they are releasing an upgraded model of the regular Nintendo switch that also has this extended battery. Which address' the concern that you listed out

At the very least, I expect these "better" batteries to be sold by 3rd parties shortly after release so that you can install them into older switch units yourself

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The great thing is, that Nintendo also announced that they are releasing an upgraded model of the regular Nintendo switch that also has this extended battery. Which address' the concern that you listed out

At the very least, I expect these "better" batteries to be sold by 3rd parties shortly after release so that you can install them into older switch units yourself
I use mine docked most the time anyways so it still doesn't matter to me. Would be nice to see other improvements but maybe later down the line we'll see that.

Lyttle

Lyttle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's cool but a no-go for me, I find it crazy how this was "leaked" months ago or a concept and everyone thought it was either trash or cool and now it's here as a reality. I for one will be sticking with my regular switch until they decide to release a beefier version that isn't just the battery.

Top Bottom
Login
Register