What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Nintendo switch Jailbreak Help

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello so I decided to mess with my broken switch. I stopped using it about 2 years ago since I got mad and hit it and damaged the WiFi and now I gotta be very close to my router to get it to work. Anyways I checked the serial number and it’s unpatched. So would it be alright if I updated to the latest version and still be able to jailbreak the console is on 8.6.1 or 8.6.0 I can’t tell as the console says system update ready but yesterday it said 8.6.1/8.6.0 I don’t want to update it since idk if that will affect jailbreak. Also the switch is missing an sd card slot is there any problems with replacing it? I know iPhones and stuff will give warnings and won’t let you use it normally so yea just wondering if there would be any problems replacing the sd card slot. But the main question is if I update the console to the latest firmware will I still be able to jailbreak. The switch’s serial number is XAW10058886211 if that is needed for anything
Post automatically merged:

Well I hope I didn’t ruin it I accidentally updated to 13.0.0 :frown: I really hope that didn’t mess up my potential of jailbreaking my switch :frown:

Last edited:
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello so I decided to mess with my broken switch. I stopped using it about 2 years ago since I got mad and hit it and damaged the WiFi and now I gotta be very close to my router to get it to work. Anyways I checked the serial number and it’s unpatched. So would it be alright if I updated to the latest version and still be able to jailbreak the console is on 8.6.1 or 8.6.0 I can’t tell as the console says system update ready but yesterday it said 8.6.1/8.6.0 I don’t want to update it since idk if that will affect jailbreak. Also the switch is missing an sd card slot is there any problems with replacing it? I know iPhones and stuff will give warnings and won’t let you use it normally so yea just wondering if there would be any problems replacing the sd card slot. But the main question is if I update the console to the latest firmware will I still be able to jailbreak. The switch’s serial number is *SNIP* if that is needed for anything
Post automatically merged:

Well I hope I didn’t ruin it I accidentally updated to 13.0.0 :frown: I really hope that didn’t mess up my potential of jailbreaking my switch :frown:
Okay so if your serial matches the jig-able Switch batches you're fine even on the latest updates as far as I recall.

The SD card port is on a small board that can be changed easily for a replacement, and the Wi-Fi it's probably the antenna has come unplugged. Open her up and have a check, be careful as there's a lot of smaller connectors both wired and ribbon that can be snapped clean off the board.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so if your serial matches the jig-able Switch batches you're fine even on the latest updates as far as I recall.

The SD card port is on a small board that can be changed easily for a replacement, and the Wi-Fi it's probably the antenna has come unplugged. Open her up and have a check, be careful as there's a lot of smaller connectors both wired and ribbon that can be snapped clean off the board.
Alright idk what I did but WiFi seems to be fine now I did mess with the connector a little bit but I mean if it isn’t broke don’t fix it Yk. I also found that out before you said anything but thank you

Top Bottom
Login
Register