Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JunkieMessiah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
NEW MAPS!!!

ok so i was poking around the iso of mw2 and found something really interesting in the mp section of the files you see mp_invasion.ff then mp_invasion_load.ff and all the other multiplayer maps including mp_nightshift.ff, mp_nightshift_load, mp_boneyard.ff, mp_boneyard_load.ff mp_brecourt.ff and asweill mp_brecourt_load.ff the thing is these three sets of files are all located where the multi player maps are and the only files other these mentioned with mp are maps.... there is also a mp_checkpoint.ff and mp_checkpoint_load.ff (im not sure about the check point one as multi player doesnt have checkpoints) from what i gather and maybe im wrong are these unreleased and unplayed maps? i know that gtnw and arena were unreleased and then put out there for us to play does that mean if these ar maps we can play these?

zollo23

zollo23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow hats crazy maybe some1 with a jtag read's this thread. lol :w00t:

J

JunkieMessiah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just did some research brecourt is a cod classic map so looks like they are maps people

cTc

cTc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JunkieMessiah said:
just did some research brecourt is a cod classic map so looks like they are maps people

Yes it is (any COD junkie should know this).

Wasteland is a remake or brecourt.

J

JunkieMessiah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im not into wwii games just googled it and found out it was a old call of duty map

N

neziar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Old news, nightshift = skidrow, boneyard = scrapyard, checkpoint = karachi and brecourt = wasteland. CoD fans knew there were going to be remakes of old maps in MW2.

What is more interesting though are the unused perks in the final version that MAY be released with the DLC, although that is just speculation and hope! Search for the perk 'Challenger' the description is along the lines of 'die easier but get more xp for kills' and another is 'Selective Hearing' the description is along the lines of '+louder enemy footsteps' and one of my favourite, which I WISH was on option is 'Saboteur' (I think it was anyway) the description for this one was like 'Complete objectives quicker' so bombs would be planted faster, areas captured faster, flags captured quicker. That would have been VERY cool, well, all 3 of those perks would have been very cool!

Just goes to show, were you sold a faulty / uncompleted game intentionally or did IW take out these things because they unbalanced the game? Perhaps time will tell!

J

JunkieMessiah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah your right i see that now none of the maps are in there under the currrent name perks are cool though

mods /thread

O

ODST DUTCH

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
neziar said:
Old news, nightshift = skidrow, boneyard = scrapyard, checkpoint = karachi and brecourt = wasteland. CoD fans knew there were going to be remakes of old maps in MW2.

What is more interesting though, is the unused perks in the final version that MAY be released with the DLC, althoguh that is just speculation and hope! Search for the perk 'Challenger' the description is along the lines of 'die easier but get more xp for kills' and another is 'Selective Hearing' the description is along the lines of '+louder enemy footsteps' and one of my favourite, which I WISH was on option is 'Saboteur' (I think it was anyway) the description for this one was like 'Complete objectives quicker' so bombs would be planted faster, areas captured faster, fals captured quicker. That would have been VERY cool, well, all 3 of those perks would have been very cool!

Just goes to show, were you sold a faulty / uncompleted game intentionally or did IW take out these things because they unbalanced the game? Perhaps time will tell!

nice post man thanks,i seen the map names and thought similar to the op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register