What's new

Discussion Nice score!

S

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking around Craigslist and saw a xbox elite console "does not play needs fans replaced not rrod"

ad was for console cables and hdd. Figured it was worth 30 for the 120 gig hdd. Snatched it up from a kid who probably does nothing but sit home and play all day. Took it home and fired it up fans turned on, booted fine, read my gta5 disk. Wanted me to update so I turned it off. So maybe worse comes to worse, I have to put some fresh thermal paste and maybe buy a laser if disk drive freezes.

If I do update it is a 2008 elite I can still r-jtag if I want to right?

C

chrispro1994 v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That happened to me 3 times in a row on ebay lol it's the best feeling! Anyways what dashboard is it on?

S

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. One red light bottom right and a e74 on the screen. Not every single time though. Only half the time. What's up with that?

C

chrispro1994 v2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just needs a GPU reflow, done right you can use a heat gun to save money. And you can either rgh1 it or update and rjtag.

S

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fooled with it and now i have 3 red lights. error 0022. there is a shop that does them for 30 bux 3 month warranty here. gunna drop it off tomorrow. I have a xenon that my bud gave me. I fixed it with my heat gun but I think it's worth the 30 for a real machine to do it.

Last edited:
Z

Zuber

Extorted
Reaction score
I was looking around Craigslist and saw a xbox elite console "does not play needs fans replaced not rrod"

ad was for console cables and hdd. Figured it was worth 30 for the 120 gig hdd. Snatched it up from a kid who probably does nothing but sit home and play all day. Took it home and fired it up fans turned on, booted fine, read my gta5 disk. Wanted me to update so I turned it off. So maybe worse comes to worse, I have to put some fresh thermal paste and maybe buy a laser if disk drive freezes.

If I do update it is a 2008 elite I can still r-jtag if I want to right?
Yes if you update it, you can R-Jtag it.

I

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Reaction score
If it's a jasper or falcon rgh it if it's others Rjtag and them update or vice versa

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score
R-JTAG has been discontinued. Very hard to find right now

Top Bottom