• Thread starter Sidney Crosby
  • Start date
  • Views 8,355
Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello Se7ensins, it's everyone's favorite hockey player Sidney Crosby here with a very helpful guide!
Are you tired of wasting your time buying packs and playing tons of games hoping to make pucks, only to end up getting screwed over by our favorite game developer, also known as Rammer? Well I have a nice little puck making trick for all of you nice people who are tired of being Rammed over and over again. In this guide I will show you the best way that I have used to make pucks! All you need is at most 20k to start and a crap ton of patience.

Note: There is a VERY SLIM chance of EA Banning you, but over the course of the game I have Farmed over 750k worth and have had nothing happen, but still there is the risk.

Step 1: Secondary Accounts
This is the most Time consuming part of farming rather than actually sending collections, so I suggest getting this out of the way ASAP. The multiplayer for NHL 14 does not require a Gold membership, and that is very helpful for farming obviously! So make an extra account or two... or five even!
The more accounts you make means the more pucks you can obtain. But in order to obtain collection bonuses, you MUST play 20 games with the account...

Step 2: "Playing" The Games
This step really goes hand in hand with step 1, I just felt like it would be nice to break everything up to go a little in depth with the guide. So now you have your farming accounts made, all you have to do is get the collection bonuses to count, which in order to do that you need to play 20 games. It does not matter if you win or lose, you just need 20 games played under that account. When players are injured or their contract is up just use the contract glitch, all you do is go to play a game, go over to your coach, swap with a coach you dont use (in order to get one you probably need to play a game) swap to that coach, then when you switch back to your normal coach, spam the start game button. Apparently you only need to play 1 minute in a period for it to count, and sadly i have no way to confirm, but The best way that I know, is to go to single player, put the difficulty on rookie, start the game, and win the faceoff. since its on rookie you will not lose and the AI for the other team is so bad that you can put down your controller and wait for the period to end. the period lasts about 5 minutes with no stoppages in play. At the end of the 1st period you just quit and the game counts! So the last 12 games take at least an hour, that's why you need patience. Repeat previous step with all side accounts until collection bonuses can be obtained!

Step 3: Obtaining Collections
So now here's where the 15 to 20k I mentioned earlier comes into the picture. You are going to use this to buy a SHL collection. Always keep a pen and paper with you when completing collections, some items can be very expensive so you don't want to buy 2 of the same. Also before you buy anything, make sure the team you're planning on buying has the jerseys and logo available. Trust me I've shelled out 11k for a collection only to find out the team is missing a home jersey... So once you've decided on the collection, just buy it!
CAUTION: When doing the SHL teams be VERY careful with TPS, there is a a full five star Rarity rating defense man who can go for anywhere from 10 to 15k. If I still had him I would lend him out but sadly I do not anymore. Also for one of the teams there is a playmaker left D, so if you search each position by the player type, he will NOT show up, since there is no playmaker defense sub category.
Also, in order to receive the collection bonus you must view the complete collection, so highlight the team in "My collection" and hit A or X and scroll through the first few cards and back completely out them boom, you have the collection bonus!

Step 4: Farming!
Okay, here is the final step, and just like step 2, this is going to require a lot of patience, but its very simple. with your silver account, just throw some extra contracts, injury cards, stadiums, training, really just anything that you will remember, set them at a very specific price, sign into your main account with the collections, then make trade offers on all of the contracts and what not that are yours. You can only do 30 items at a time, so you need to sign out, sign in with the farming account, accept the trades, and repeat with other collections, then send collections to other accounts and there you go, if you have the time and patience you can make millions.

Step 5: Upgrading (optional)
This isn't really a step, its more of a nice tip. with all the pucks you've made from farming the 15k teams you can start with the NHL teams. Use the pucks to buy cheap NHL teams like New Jersey and Carolina, then send them over.

Well there you have it, here is a nice little puck farming that I really hope helps at least one person. I also want it known that I have all the SHL teams, A few National teams, and a few DEL teams, Just send me a message if you are interested in any collections to start you off, I have no problem with helping a fellow NHL fan!

I am only on Xbox 360 though, so I am sorry to PS3 and Xbox 1 and PS4..

Last edited:
X

xELITExHOCKEYx

Reaction score
Sin$
It doesnt let me play games with my silver account please help!

Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Online bronze..it says i dont meet the req. When i tried a regular game it said my profile couldnt either
hey sorry busy with college stuff but yeah you cant do the online bronze because with the starter pack you get at least three gold players for your team, so you dont meet the requirements. the three gold puts you at 17 bronze, not the required 20. this is why i strongly suggest doing the rookie camp tournament, it goes really fast and you dont need to meet any stipulations before hand. I hope this has helped and again im sorry for not helping right away :frown:

X

xELITExHOCKEYx

Reaction score
Sin$
hey sorry busy with college stuff but yeah you cant do the online bronze because with the starter pack you get at least three gold players for your team, so you dont meet the requirements. the three gold puts you at 17 bronze, not the required 20. this is why i strongly suggest doing the rookie camp tournament, it goes really fast and you dont need to meet any stipulations before hand. I hope this has helped and again im sorry for not helping right away :frown:
Thanks man! Its fine that youre busy, this really helped alot...If i have any more trouble ill just post here! Thanks again

SlappaDePuck

SlappaDePuck

Reaction score
Sin$
It was really nice of you to take your time to put this info out for people. Thanks so much! I started the process last night. It is a lot of work as you said, but certainly will be worth it. Thanks again!

Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was really nice of you to take your time to put this info out for people. Thanks so much! I started the process last night. It is a lot of work as you said, but certainly will be worth it. Thanks again!
Anything to help the community! Trust me it is worth it I farmed well over a million pucks since I've posted this, bought myself Shea Webber, Duncan Keith, Ryan Suter, Carey Price, Joe thorton, Taylor Hall; the list goes on. The only player I am truly happy I bought is my Team of the Year Crosby!

Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just curious how many farming accounts did you create to get your pucks.
I made 3 and used 2 other accounts...so technically 5 lol. wasted all that time just for my girlfriend to break my disk lolol

HUTgal99

HUTgal99

Reaction score
Sin$
Also how many pucks did u get from it and how long did it take and are u going to buy ur nhl again

K

King Guap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have new jersey, phoenix and florida on my main account.
i made a secondary silver account but when i click hut it says you need to be the lead profile.
i cannot go to hut to play the 20 games (you need only 1 minute in each game) or send my collections over.
im on xbox 360

Coal

Coal

Regional Manager
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
i have new jersey, phoenix and florida on my main account.
i made a secondary silver account but when i click hut it says you need to be the lead profile.
i cannot go to hut to play the 20 games (you need only 1 minute in each game) or send my collections over.
im on xbox 360
Just go to Customize>Profile Management>Select Silver Account> Make Lead profile
Then you can play on a silver account but you can only play offline games to get the 20 games required.

K

King Guap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just go to Customize>Profile Management>Select Silver Account> Make Lead profile
Then you can play on a silver account but you can only play offline games to get the 20 games required.
thanks i got it now. i had figured it out already. about 30 minutes after i posted that. thanks anyways

Sidney Crosby

Sidney Crosby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also how many pucks did u get from it and how long did it take and are u going to buy ur nhl again
I have made well over a million, i think 1.5 million to be exact, and yes I am as soon as I get paid and i have time off of work and can drive to gamestop.

Top Bottom
Login
Register