• Views 6,212
denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Watcha guys reacon? Is it worth 200£ for the 16 gb new nexus 7 tab when its released?

Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
Although, im not against Google or Asus. I wouldn't buy this just for the reason that its 7 inches. Sorry im in the U.S. I would rather a 10 inch tablet. This is the one I told my grandpa to buy (Linky) . I rooted and but a ICS rom on it's great. 300$ is a big price these days and I would not spend it on a 7 inch tablet when my phone is almost 5.

Just get the note :tongue:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Although, im not against Google or Asus. I wouldn't buy this just for the reason that its 7 inches. Sorry im in the U.S. I would rather a 10 inch tablet. This is the one I told my grandpa to buy (Linky) . I rooted and but a ICS rom on it's great. 300$ is a big price these days and I would not spend it on a 7 inch tablet when my phone is almost 5.
Just get the note :tongue:

Its not for me, im happy with my ipad. I was going to gift it to my mother since she has a slow *** dell laptop (takes 10 min to boot, 5 for internet browser.).

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mr Crush

iTz Crush

→ Crush ←
Reaction score
Sin$
Its not for me, im happy with my ipad. I was going to gift it to my mother since she has a slow *** dell laptop (takes 10 min to boot, 5 for internet browser.).
Then yea I guess it's suitable.

SirSoloDolo

RageXicity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is just a lower end tablet, I'm glad they made this as I'll pick it up even though tablets dont have much use. I either use my Phone or my laptop

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i wouldnt even buy the tablet, its really just a giant phone, seriously though what can any android tablet do that your android phone cant?
personally id just get a windows 8 tablet, i am using windows 8 on my acer w500(windows 7 tablet) and i love the OS, everything just works unlike in android, now i dont hate android, in fact i love it on my phone but on a tablet its really pointless, flash doesnt work properly, you cant click on hover menus properly, and it cant properly run java in the browser with windows 8 everything just works even with touch, i can click on hover menus properly, flash works, java works, and im not limited to having to use apps just to access youtube properly, plus i can play full fledged PC games on my tablet(like fallout 3, halo 2, just cause 2, gears of war) and there are some cool features that windows 8 has like xbox live integration, the xbox companion(lets me control my xbox with my tablet or windows phone) and if i switch tablets right now all my apps and data will move across from my old tablet to my new one

tldr
save your money for a windows 8 tablet, it will be a much better buy than any android tab or iPad out on the market

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
I say it's definitely worth it. It has the newest processor and a gig of RAM, it should be more than fast enough for your Mom. It's fast and portable and cheap!

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i wouldnt even buy the tablet, its really just a giant phone, seriously though what can any android tablet do that your android phone cant?
personally id just get a windows 8 tablet, i am using windows 8 on my acer w500(windows 7 tablet) and i love the OS, everything just works unlike in android, now i dont hate android, in fact i love it on my phone but on a tablet its really pointless, flash doesnt work properly, you cant click on hover menus properly, and it cant properly run java in the browser with windows 8 everything just works even with touch, i can click on hover menus properly, flash works, java works, and im not limited to having to use apps just to access youtube properly, plus i can play full fledged PC games on my tablet(like fallout 3, halo 2, just cause 2, gears of war) and there are some cool features that windows 8 has like xbox live integration, the xbox companion(lets me control my xbox with my tablet or windows phone) and if i switch tablets right now all my apps and data will move across from my old tablet to my new one

tldr
save your money for a windows 8 tablet, it will be a much better buy than any android tab or iPad out on the market

I have stated its not for me, wont need all features but thanks for insight.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have stated its not for me, wont need all features but thanks for insight.
lol ya i read that after i posted, you should get your parents an older ipad, it shouldnt cost to much and it will be easy for them to use

ShawnUnderSe7en

shawnover7

just as passerby
Fabled Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont really think the nexus 7 is that bad, and you shouldnt get your mother an old iPad! It should be fine for light stuff, heck probably even normal usage it has a core quad processor! I'm going to get my mother one since she wanted a kindle fire but those no longer compare to this new tablet at all!

rich12313

rich12313

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont really think the nexus 7 is that bad, and you shouldnt get your mother an old iPad! It should be fine for light stuff, heck probably even normal usage it has a core quad processor! I'm going to get my mother one since she wanted a kindle fire but those no longer compare to this new tablet at all!
Rumors have amazon putting out a new kindle a little later this year, but i still dont think it will be able to compete :tongue:

Quo

aquaboy89

Up in the SoundClouds
Reaction score
Sin$
I read some of these post and faceplanted. This is a powerful tablet for the price, perfect in the hand, and can compete with some of the high end taplets like the tranformer prime and ipad! For $200 id buy two and throw out that bland ios ipad.
I know its not for you, but ios is so boringgggg

What version of android are you on, & what phone do you use?

Also, Windows 8 was built for tablets, thats why its feels better on a tablet than on a pc, but now android has become more and more optimized for tablets like never before! The apps are being built around tablets now, and things like project butter and jellybean. Just wait and see what google will do next!

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I read some of these post and faceplanted. This is a powerful tablet for the price, perfect in the hand, and can compete with some of the high end taplets like the tranformer prime and ipad! For $200 id buy two and throw out that bland ios ipad.
I know its not for you, but ios is so boringgggg

What version of android are you on, & what phone do you use?

Also, Windows 8 was built for tablets, thats why its feels better on a tablet than on a pc, but now android has become more and more optimized for tablets like never before! The apps are being built around tablets now, and things like project butter and jellybean. Just wait and see what google will do next!

i have a galaxy nexus running jelly bean, and dont get me wrong, i love android on my phone, but on a tablet it is just to frustrating, drop down menus dont work properly, you cant run flash sites properly, and it is slow, it lags, and over all it isnt a good tablet experience

when it comes to tablets i much prefer windows 8 because it just works, flash isnt slow, it doesnt lag, drop menus work properly, and over all the UI experience is amazing
now i had many android tablets before one of which being the transformer prime, and the experience was just mediocre for a quad core tablet, my windows tablet i have is running pretty low specs in terms for a windows tablet(1ghz amd c60 apu w/ati radion 6290 integrated graphics and 2gb of ddr3 ram) and my tablet is faster than the transformer prime and it cost about the same for one as well, and its not cause the hardware is lacking, its cause android os isnt great for computers

i use windows 8 rp on all my machines(2 desktops and a tablet) and i love the way it feels on both desktop and tablet, it took some getting use to but after you get use to it, its so easy to use

plus in all reality what can an android tablet do that my phone cant?

Quo

aquaboy89

Up in the SoundClouds
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a galaxy nexus running jelly bean, and dont get me wrong, i love android on my phone, but on a tablet it is just to frustrating, drop down menus dont work properly, you cant run flash sites properly, and it is slow, it lags, and over all it isnt a good tablet experience

when it comes to tablets i much prefer windows 8 because it just works, flash isnt slow, it doesnt lag, drop menus work properly, and over all the UI experience is amazing
now i had many android tablets before one of which being the transformer prime, and the experience was just mediocre for a quad core tablet, my windows tablet i have is running pretty low specs in terms for a windows tablet(1ghz amd c60 apu w/ati radion 6290 integrated graphics and 2gb of ddr3 ram) and my tablet is faster than the transformer prime and it cost about the same for one as well, and its not cause the hardware is lacking, its cause android os isnt great for computers

i use windows 8 rp on all my machines(2 desktops and a tablet) and i love the way it feels on both desktop and tablet, it took some getting use to but after you get use to it, its so easy to use

plus in all reality what can an android tablet do that my phone cant?

How do you even have 8 anyway?

Also, most android tablets suck because none of them were ever made to optimize the true potential of android! The only 2 i can think of that just work are the Transformer Prime and this, The Nexus 7.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you even have 8 anyway?

Also, most android tablets suck because none of them were ever made to optimize the true potential of android! The only 2 i can think of that just work are the Transformer Prime and this, The Nexus 7.
windows 8 has been released as RP for a while now, and youre not making any sense, android tablets like the xoom, thrive, icona tab, and the original transformer are not really android tablets?

thats stupid, all android tablets are made to be android tablets and use an optimised version of android to run on the tablet, you cant blame the hardware for lacking when the software is, android just isnt a good tablet OS, if you think it is then great, youre entitled to your opinion, but i feel android is lacking and it always will be, windows got it right and tbh im gonna use windows tablets because i much prefer the OS over android

if you want to continue this conversation please PM me or make another thread and let me know about it so we can debate about it but i dont want to derail this thread anymore than we already have

Welfare

Welfare

Divine Android Omniscience
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard that they might not even break even with sales.

Top Bottom
Login
Register