What's new

Discussion Nexus 5?

R

Remedy

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an Nexus 5, because i only have $350 in my pocket and want a smartphone. So do you think this phone is any good or should I choose another phone?

If you think i should choose another phone then please give me a link of one around my limit which is $350.
<3 Love big Screened phones.

S

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Reaction score
The nexus 5 is a great phone.
Although it doesnt have the best battery is all

R

Remedy

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
Reaction score
The nexus 5 is a great phone.
Although it doesnt have the best battery is all
Oh, thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling there was a cache with this phone for the price to be that low.

S

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling there was a cache with this phone for the price to be that low.
Nah man Google has it low so they get more buyers.
The nexus series is meant to be budget with a bang

X

xxpsychosis

The cake is a lie!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an Nexus 5, because i only have $350 in my pocket and want a smartphone. So do you think this phone is any good or should I choose another phone?

If you think i should choose another phone then please give me a link of one around my limit which is $350.
<3 Love big Screened phones.
im buying one as soon as the 2-3 week wait from Google drops. they use to have a 4 week wait to get shipped out of the warehouse.

But yea its a great phone and Google designed it to run true android or so I am told. http://www.itproportal.com/2013/11/04/google-nexus-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-spec-comparison/ there is a specs comparison with the galaxy s4 and I would say for $350 the nexus can hold its own

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
The Nexus phones always have so much potential, the battery life is subpar, if they would have kept a bigger battery, this phone would have been golden.

V

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Reaction score
It's a good phone, I enjoyed using it but the HTC One and S4 are still at the top of my list, the new Sony Xperia is nice as well and is in your budget but if you're set on the Nexus 5 then go for it, it's actually a great device with a lot of potential; I love the camera a lot.

R

Remedy

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
Reaction score
It's a good phone, I enjoyed using it but the HTC One and S4 are still at the top of my list, the new Sony Xperia is nice as well and is in your budget but if you're set on the Nexus 5 then go for it, it's actually a great device with a lot of potential; I love the camera a lot.
I also love your mayor. Funny

R

Rezoria

l_l83Я 1337 HAX0Я
Reaction score
The Nexus phones always have so much potential, the battery life is subpar, if they would have kept a bigger battery, this phone would have been golden.
I mean, if this is subpar. :rolleyes:

R

Rezoria

l_l83Я 1337 HAX0Я
Reaction score
I do enjoy it as a device and it's defiantly a good contender and well worth having.

Do you even use it?
I was trying to see how long I could go and still get a ton of SoT, so I admittedly didn't use it as much as I normally do.

S

shaddy

I am SHADDY t-_-t
Reaction score
Yeah it's a great phone. Probably one of the best phones I've owned in a long time. Really love how fast it is.

Though I agree the battery is terrible for me since I am always on it. But I can usually go 6 hours before I need a recharge at about 20%.

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
I was trying to see how long I could go and still get a ton of SoT, so I admittedly didn't use it as much as I normally do.

When an Android phone can get 5 hours+ SOT normal use along with 20+ hours of standby on mostly LTE, I'll come back to Android.
Battery life, at least for me, is one thing Apple got right.

N

Nix

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When an Android phone can get 5 hours+ SOT normal use along with 20+ hours of standby on mostly LTE, I'll come back to Android.
What's SOT?

R

Rezoria

l_l83Я 1337 HAX0Я
Reaction score
What's SOT?
Screen On Time :smile: 
Well, it's not 20 hours, but it's damn close. You should give android a try. :smile:

M

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Screen On Time :smile: 

Well, it's not 20 hours, but it's damn close. You should give android a try. :smile:

Lol, I used Android for 4 years, most recently had the One and Note 2, before I switched to an iPhone 5, it's just not as polished, even when rooted, running custom ROMs, etc.

N

Nigel Thornberry

Secrets kept are weapons wasted.
Reaction score
Thinking about selling my S3 and picking up a Nexus 5 this week. Good input everyone.

S

SadTacoMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would've liked it more if memory was expandable /:

Top Bottom