What's new

Patched (Next Gen) Street Car Dupe Glitch

Roky

Roky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
CREDITS:

DctrWoolyNipples. for the (Next Gen) Dupe Glitch that this version is based upon.

Gandalf61,
Eblade67, ThanksRockstar and all who helped out endlessly with that glitch.

SetRai for the personal plate method that made this glitch easier and at one point became a requirement.

HyperDrive666 for the "half in / half out" LSC method that unfortunately got patched.

latifah for the current work-around detailed in steps 10-17 in the 'How To'.

THIS METHOD WORKS ON PS4/XB1/PC.

THIS WORKS AS OF 17 MARCH 2017

If you can't get this glitch to work make sure you lobby hop and try the glitch with a base car that isn't upgraded until you get it working in that lobby then you can take the duped car and upgrade it and start the glitch. This doesn't work in every lobby for some reason, so if it doesn't work after many tries then just go into another lobby and retry it. Also, DO NOT put a tracker /insurance on when upgrading. Cars with trackers won't dupe.

FAQ
Can I use this to give a car to a friend? NO

Can I dupe the Sultan at Bennys and sell it? NO, a tracker automatically gets applied when you put on the Bennys upgrade. Cars with trackers wont dupe.

Does this bypass the 48 minute wait? NO and the 2 person bypass glitch has since been patched.
However, if you are on PC, the following thread has been reported as working as of 18 October 2016: Bypass 45 min sell wait PC ONLY

My Original keeps de spawning...Sometimes this happens. To try and stop this from happening to you, take a test car, break off the driver’s door and drive it to one of your garages. Park it so that when you step out, you get sucked you’re your garage via the blue circle. Then exit the garage. If the cars door has been repaired, this car will likely not despawn and you are good to go. If the door is still missing, try the blue circle trick again. Sometimes smashing the car up helps, other times it does nothing. Just keep trying until the door re-appears.

Do I need to do the blue circle thing or bash up the car? Blue circle Yes. Smashing up the car? Maybe, maybe not. It’s one of those theories. But it seems to make a difference.

Does it work in friends’ only or private lobby? NO, must be public.

Does it work in all public lobbies? No, keep switching until you find one that works. It might take many, many tries.

Does it work in all garages? YES but at some apartments the car seems to disappear so you may be better off at a garage rather than an apartment.

What’s the best car to dupe? Schwartzer or Shafter

Where is the best place to find a Schwartzer or Shafter? They spawn most frequently near the Life Invader building and near the golf course. They sometimes drive on the road that goes past Supply Street garage.

Can we still store cars in our Clubhouse?
No, this was patched with the 1.37 Import/Export update.

HOW TO:
NOTE: This glitch seems to work best in a laggy lobby where npc cars are acting weird. Otherwise, a busy lobby with 24+ players can work well.

1. Find a street car that you can store in your garage (don't store it).
2. Request a job from one of your contacts: Gerald, Lester or Simeon.
3. Break the drivers door off and then park the car on the wrong side of the road near the curb. Bring up the job on your phone and then accept the job.
Back out of the job lobby and once you spawn back into the session, quickly get in your car and drive forward.
If you are in a working lobby, your car will stop on its own and you will get kicked from the car. A dupe will have spawned where your original just was. I rarely get kicked out of the car on the first try. Usually I have to try the same car 2-3 times to get a dupe.
NOTE: If you don't get a dupe, you may need to switch lobbies until you get into a lobby where the car dupes.
If you cannot get a dupe after dozens of lobbies, try returning to story mode, close the GTA application, re-launch GTA to story mode and then launch online. Failing that, try loading into creator and then returning to GTA online.
4. Go and find the car you want to dupe (Schwartzer, Shafter, Sentinel or sometimes whatever you can find)
5. Repeat step 3 to make sure this car will also dupe.
6. Take the dupe and break off the drivers side door.
7. Go to one of your garages. At some apartments the car seems to disappear so you may be better off at a garage rather than an apartment.
The Garage by the Airport is also not the best for this step.
Now, park just forward of the blue garage circle so that when you step out of the car, your character is in the blue circle. After a few seconds, your character should get pulled into the garage via the blue circle.
8. Exit the garage. If the door has been repaired, this car will likely not despawn and you are good to go. If the door is still missing, repeat step 7 again. Sometimes smashing the car up helps, other times it does nothing. Sometimes it helps to have other players blips present on your mini map. Just keep trying until the door re-appears.
9. Max the car out in LSC (I would recommend that you leave out this step and when you're happy you've got the glitch working, then you max out the car. This will prevent you from losing money.)
10. Now find a road where you can drive very fast, preferably near to one of the Los Santos Customs.
11. Drive the car very fast, bring up the job on your phone and accept it. Make sure that the car is not likely to crash into anything.
12. Back out of the job lobby and once you spawn back in, look away from the road. It will take about 7 seconds for a dupe to spawn nearby.
13. Take a look down the road and you should also see your original.
If you are ever unsure about which of the 2 cars is the original, it will be the one with the engine running. Check for exhaust smoke.
14. Get in the dupe and drive it to the original.
15. Make sure that the original car is still open to you (not locked).
If the original is locked ("You do not have access to this personal vehicle") you can use the dupe to continue the glitch BUT you will need to go back and continuing the glitch from step 6.
16. If both cars are open to you. Take the dupe into LSC and purchase a tracker for it.
17. Drive back to the original. Take the original and make more dupes using steps 10-16.

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ
  1. If you are ever unsure about which of the 2 cars is the original, it will be the one with the engine running. Check for exhaust smoke.
  2. If you wish to further test this before applying any mods, simply follow the 'How To' and leave out step 9 and get the glitch working. In fact I would recommend this until you get into a groove with the glitch so that you dont lose money. Once you're happy, apply your mods and start duping for real.

Best selling 'FULLY UPGRADED' street cars.
NOTE: If you don't have all mods unlocked, you will NOT get full price:

Photos removed as Sevens appear to be having issues with links at present

Schwartzer 202k
Shafter 201k
Sentinel Convertible 199k
Sentinel XS 197k
Zion 195K
Penumbra 195k
Dominator 193k

(Adds Value / Doesn't Add Value)

Armor
Brakes
Bumpers
Engine
Exhaust
Horn (San Andreas loop Is the best one)
Headlights

Neon Lights
Respray

Roof
Skirts
Spoiler
Suspension
Transmission
Turbo
Wheels (chrome, high end, carbon s)

Tires (custom)
Tires (bulletproof)
Tire smoke
Windows

Last edited:
SetRai

SetRai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it have to be a respray? Does any other change work? (Like, changing the license plate?)

Roky

Roky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it have to be a respray? Does any other change work? (Like, changing the license plate?)

I haven't tried any other changes. The respray worked so I stuck with that. Cheapo resprays are about $1400. You could try another mod and report back. 
Can you use a personal vehicle to hold open the door?

If you mean the mod shop door, you wont need to. It'll open quickly enough.

SetRai

SetRai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't tried any other changes. The respray worked so I stuck with that. Cheapo resprays are about $1400. You could try another mod and report back.
I'll sure try this method when I get home. The cheapest respray is actually $780 I think. 
If you mean the mod shop door, you wont need to. It'll open quickly enough.
I feel like different cars are gonna have different acceleration, thus different sweet spots. Wouldn't it be easier just to hold the door open all the time lol

Roky

Roky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel like different cars are gonna have different acceleration, thus different sweet spots. Wouldn't it be easier just to hold the door open all the time lol

Good point, they could have different acceleration and could in theory affect the time it takes to get in the mod shop.

What I referred to as the sweet spot is the point just before the door opens, assuming the door is opening early on like in the picture.

So far I've had this working with the Zion Cabrio, Sentinel convertible and Schwartzer all positioned in that sweet spot. Also these cars have worked from that spot before and after upgrading.

When I get back online, I shall try it with others.

SetRai

SetRai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually now that I thought about it a bit more, can't you just hold the door open, and then accept the contact mission while driving into LSC? That way the original is already inside LSC.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
hmm. Good work. At least it is something different to do for a change!

SetRai

SetRai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good point, they could have different acceleration and could in theory affect the time it takes to get in the mod shop.

What I referred to as the sweet spot is the point just before the door opens, assuming the door is opening early on like in the picture.

So far I've had this working with the Zion Cabrio, Sentinel convertible and Schwartzer all positioned in that sweet spot. Also these cars have worked from that spot before and after upgrading.

When I get back online, I shall try it with others.
Okay, that makes more sense. If the sweet spot is determined by which the door opens, car performance shouldn't matter too much because no one is gonna dupe an extremely slow car lol.

Roky

Roky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually now that I thought about it a bit more, can't you just hold the door open, and then accept the contact mission while driving into LSC? That way the original is already inside LSC.

Since the bikers update, I've been unable to get a dupe with the moving method hence why I used ThanksRockstars non-moving method as part of this glitch. 
no one is gonna dupe an extremely slow car lol.

lol we would hope not

C

CTVRTLYK

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to test it on PC and come back to tell you guys about it. Thank you for sharing it.

SetRai

SetRai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Since the bikers update, I've been unable to get a dupe with the moving method
Interesting... I was able to get a dupe from moving when I was testing if the glitch is patched. Definitely testing it out later today.

T

ThanksRockstar

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Holy crap! I knew there must be a way around the bricking! You beat me to discovering it. Very nice! :biggrin:

Big_G

Big_G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Barely 24 hours pass and we have a workaround already :biggrin: Nice work Roky, will give it a blast as soon as my current Schwartzer batch is finished :smile: Thanks, G.

Furcouch2

Furcouch2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yet has anyone else tested this yet? I feel as if this step is so much more fun n interesting

MrFrosty FTW

MrFrosty FTW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If a video can be made on this one, it would be really easy to understand and we all will appreciate it :biggrin: good job on the glitch!

Top Bottom
Login
Register