What's new

Solved Newbie

R

realg123

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, all. I am in need of some help
I have a jtag xbox 360

I want to update my hard drive. At the moment I have a 20GB Hard drive.
I know all I have to do is open the hdd case and replace it with the other one and format it using nxe.
But, I would like to transfer my game saves/profiles. How would I do that. Through ftping? (What folders/files would I need?)I tried googling the answer but they all said I need a memory card or a transfer kit. Someone also told me to copy the content/00000/(folders that started with f) but that didn't work either

Secondly when I run games from my usb stick through xexmenu all is okay.
But when I transfer my games (extracted off course to hdd1/games) xexmenu does not run it stays black is there a workaround for this? I would like to run games from the internal hard drive not external

A little more info I'm on xbr3 I don't have my original nand

Any help would be appreciated

Murasaki

Murasaki

M@ster Producer
Reaction score
Sin$
You said you have a JTAG so you can FTP it. Connect your PC to your Xbox via an Ethernet cable, and start xexmenu or freestyle dash on your Xbox. Look for the IP address on the Xbox and remember it. (xexmenu you go to the settings screen, freestyle dash 2.0a press right control stick.) Then on your computer launch Internet Explorer (Firefox doesn't work for me) and type in "ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx" (that's your ip) and press enter. Then go to page - show at windows explorer. Go to HDD1/content and copy and paste all folders other than 00000000000000 folder. Switch the hard drive, go thru the same process (run xexmenu on a CD by burning your default.xex with other folders came with it).

R

realg123

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Muraski. Yea I ftp into the xbox using A ftp program.
What do you mean my default xex? Here is what I was thinking.
Run the ftp program "Go to HDD1/content and copy and paste all folders other than 00000000000000 folder"
Switch the hard drive. Format it using nxe. Install xexmenu. Ftp back into the xbox and paste the files over that I originally copied from hdd1/content. Would that also work?

Also when I try to ftp games into hdd1/games i notice xexmenu just hangs when I try access it. Is there a way around this?

Murasaki

Murasaki

M@ster Producer
Reaction score
Sin$
you have xexmenu installed on the hard drive. once you remove it you can't start it, that's why I say burn your xexmenu on a disc so you can ftp stuff back to your hard drive.

what you said about the copying part is right, the 0000000000 folder is where the DLCs are at. The other ones are your profiles and saves. You don't need the 00000000000 folder unless you have DLC.

R

realg123

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks again yes i have it burned going to install it again. Thanks a lot:smile: Could you help me with my other problem? it seems that when i try to install games internally into hdd1/games xex menu wont run. is there a work around for that?
thanks again!!!

Murasaki

Murasaki

M@ster Producer
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't use xexmenu so I'm not sure, but I suggest you use Freestyle Dash 2.0a instead, I do use that, and it is a better xex utility. xexmenu is old and might be outdated.

R

realg123

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for your help, the saves worked great. One more question. I've been trying to create a shortcut for freestyle dash for hours. It doesn't seem to work :frown: I don't know why. I'm used both quickboots 1 and quickboot 2.1

My freestyle dash is located in the root of hdd1 under in a FSD Folder

Here is how I have the quickboot shortcut setup

\Hdd1:\FSD\default.xex
when i try launching it from nxe it goes blank and then reboots into nxe. What am i doing wrong?

R

realg123

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey yes I have, I could boot it through xexmenu but when i make a shortcut for it, it doesnt work am i doing something wrong?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey yes I have, I could boot it through xexmenu but when i make a shortcut for it, it doesnt work am i doing something wrong?

if all the files are in the folder with the default.xex, it should work. instead of making a shortcut, just make it boot into FSD... search for a TuT here, im too busy to find it lol. just use the search box

Top Bottom
Login
Register