What's new

Solved newbie Xbox 360 modder here

E

eRajesh

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys! I recently got the Xbox 360+ Kinect 4GB bundle. I would like to know that is it possible to mod my xbox?

I know that the older gen xbox can be modded, but I have no idea about the new ones. I did go through the modding tutorial section, but I could not figure out which guide to follow, and which dvd rw my xbox uses?!!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I hope I can run pirated games on my xbox 360 once I mod it.

F

Flavour

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys! I recently got the Xbox 360+ Kinect 4GB bundle. I would like to know that is it possible to mod my xbox?

I know that the older gen xbox can be modded, but I have no idea about the new ones. I did go through the modding tutorial section, but I could not figure out which guide to follow, and which dvd rw my xbox uses?!!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I hope I can run pirated games on my xbox 360 once I mod it.
Are you aking if you can flash your Slim? Check if you have the DVD drive that can be flashed.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Flashing your drive will allow you to play burned games. Jtagging will let you run games off of your hard drive and run unsigned code on your xbox (homebrew applications).

As of now you CAN NOT J-tag a Slim and you will probably never be able to. You CAN flash certain slim drive to play burned games, however. To flash a slim drive , you will need to take apart your 360(this willvoid your warranty). Read up on this a good bit before you decide waht you want to do. There are a lot of posts and helpful people here to help you!

E

eRajesh

Reaction score
Sin$
Flashing your drive will allow you to play burned games. Jtagging will let you run games off of your hard drive and run unsigned code on your xbox (homebrew applications).

As of now you CAN NOT J-tag a Slim and you will probably never be able to. You CAN flash certain slim drive to play burned games, however. To flash a slim drive , you will need to take apart your 360(this willvoid your warranty). Read up on this a good bit before you decide waht you want to do. There are a lot of posts and helpful people here to help you!

Ok! Thanks for your reply!

Burned games as in? Can I simply run pirated games on my Xbox 360, by downloading them from torrents?

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok! Thanks for your reply!

Burned games as in? Can I simply run pirated games on my Xbox 360, by downloading them from torrents?

Basically you can download an XBOX 360 games (make sure its an xbox no PC!!) for various sites (Pm me if you want a link to a good one) and burn it to a DVD Dual layer disk and play it on your Xbox like a Retail disk.

Remember that the new dash update will un-flash your drive so if you plan on using it online don't bother but if your going to use it offline then go ahead!!!

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to open it up, look at the label on the DVD drive, and it will say F/W Ver: xxxx

Top Bottom
Login
Register