Solved Newbie needs help....

• Thread starter MnkyBoi1187
  • Start date
  • Views 778
M

MnkyBoi1187

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys (and gurls) just signed up yesterday. Hoping to find gamers willing to guide and mentor me in the correct way to mod weapons and things in BL2 on Gibbed and Horizon.

I read a previous post someone made that asked for help like I am doing. One person responded saying that no one was willing to spoon feed them the info. Well that is NOT what I want.

I want to know WHY the different combinations I have been trying on my own for the past 2 weeks haven't been working. I can "make" guns that could be possibly be dropped on a regular basis. but they are crap and only do 15 damage and worth only 5 bucks (even being level 50) Earlier today I tried to add a simple damage multiplier and even ONE simple mod causes the gun to disappear.

Yes, I saved it in my bank tab but it still disappeared. Is it because the game has been patched lately? I just got this game a month or so ago. Is it because "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode" prevents mods?

For example....I picked up a "Purging Infinity" a few days ago (for those that don't know what it is, its a legendary Infinity fire Pistol) Can this weapon be moded to amplify damage slightly?

After watching some of "Deftoned's" youtube tutorials I tried to add a simple damage multiplier to the pistol and the ONLY thing I added was the Fibber_3 barrel to the Accessory 2 slot. Why wouldn't that work? I stayed within the parameters of a pistol barrel.

I don't want to be "spoon fed" anything. I just want to know why things don't work and what is required to make a functional (non-disappearing) modified weapon. If I can figure out what works and why. I can do the rest on my own really.

Anything someone is willing to share I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance :smile:
Edit Report

V

vTemporalZEROv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can ask DOMIN8, he is basically the master of gibbed (from what I've seen), or I could teach you what I know, I have the basics and a little bit of know how a few other people I've met don't know so I'd like to think I know a decent amount, I'm still working on the "Raw" tab so I don't know everything in there yet but I'm messing with it daily trying to get it, I could teach you some stuff if DOMIN8 won't help you

Upvote 0
M

MnkyBoi1187

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I watched a youtube video of someone (not sure who) that did a tutorial about the "Raw" tab and that's how I maxed my skill trees (witched has helped out tremendously)

I don't know much about Gibbed but I have been able to navigate it pretty easily from videos ive watched. Im using a Veruc assault rifle that I made myself but its a version that can be dropped in normal gameplay (I only added a corrosive elemental to it). I didn't have a corrosion weapon and im coming up on rescuing Roland in UVHM and figured corrosive would make it a liiitle easier :smile:

One problem seem to be having at the moment is adding damage multipliers to existing weapons (example mentioned in original post) I don't want to outrageously improve anything to give me THAT much of an advantage. I just want to add a little extra to help me along a little faster.

(I started UVHM a few days ago and it took me 2 days to get past the Southern Shelf at the beginning of the game)

Do you know what to tell me in order to point me in the right direction?

Upvote 0
Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I watched a youtube video of someone (not sure who) that did a tutorial about the "Raw" tab and that's how I maxed my skill trees (witched has helped out tremendously)

I don't know much about Gibbed but I have been able to navigate it pretty easily from videos ive watched. Im using a Veruc assault rifle that I made myself but its a version that can be dropped in normal gameplay (I only added a corrosive elemental to it). I didn't have a corrosion weapon and im coming up on rescuing Roland in UVHM and figured corrosive would make it a liiitle easier :smile:

One problem seem to be having at the moment is adding damage multipliers to existing weapons (example mentioned in original post) I don't want to outrageously improve anything to give me THAT much of an advantage. I just want to add a little extra to help me along a little faster.

(I started UVHM a few days ago and it took me 2 days to get past the Southern Shelf at the beginning of the game)

Do you know what to tell me in order to point me in the right direction?
Around 98% of the modded items have been patched out of the game, so you won't be able to create crazy damage guns anymore. (if you were even interested in that)
But, you can still add multipliers to guns. (check out this link)
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...y-check-bullet-multipliers-increased.1085680/

Also, if you need anymore assistance with Gibbed and modding in general, check out this thread full of tutorials.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tutorial-mega-thread-need-help-look-here-first.1007914/

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, as Invisible Man Invisible Man stated, most modded items were patched a couple months ago.

A great starting point if you want to learn some BL2 modding is that thread he linked to the mega thread.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask anything.. :smile:

Upvote 0
M

MnkyBoi1187

Reaction score
Sin$
I checked out that first link weatesand shared and I'm guessing those mods use a different format (PC or PS3) but I'm rocking an Xbox 360 and those where gibberish to me :-\ In the second link I'm not sure I know what I'm looking for.

I clicked on "Gun Barrels/Boosters and their effects and it just led me to more gibberish (only cause I am still learning the parameters of allowable guns)
I guess what I'm asking is; What are the allowable parameters for adding multipliers? I tried adding one thing on the accessories#2 for my infinity pistol. But it disappeared like usual. Is adding one setting like that allowed?

I'm sure there is a thread here that tells me exactly why I cant get mods to work, I just don't recognize what a working mod setup looks like (for the present patch)

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I checked out that first link weatesand shared and I'm guessing those mods use a different format (PC or PS3) but I'm rocking an Xbox 360 and those where gibberish to me :-\ In the second link I'm not sure I know what I'm looking for.

I clicked on "Gun Barrels/Boosters and their effects and it just led me to more gibberish (only cause I am still learning the parameters of allowable guns)
I guess what I'm asking is; What are the allowable parameters for adding multipliers? I tried adding one thing on the accessories#2 for my infinity pistol. But it disappeared like usual. Is adding one setting like that allowed?

I'm sure there is a thread here that tells me exactly why I cant get mods to work, I just don't recognize what a working mod setup looks like (for the present patch)
You can no longer add parts to weapons, only remove them.

If you see a yellow triangle in Gibbed on a weapon, it most likely will get deleted.

Upvote 0
M

MnkyBoi1187

Reaction score
Sin$
You can no longer add parts to weapons, only remove them.

If you see a yellow triangle in Gibbed on a weapon, it most likely will get deleted.
THAT is actually the statement I was kinda looking for. :smile:

That mean if I chose parts that give me "drop-down" selections, is it safe to assume those are allowed? That's what I've done in the past and it seems to have been working.

One last quick question, I've seen more recent posts stating that there are still ways to add multipliers and things beyond normal game items i.e. relics and class mods I'm guessing. Can someone tell me if I have the right idea in moding/manipulating normal gameplay items to increase damage and things?

As Deftoned mentions in his videos (a lot) its a lot of trial and error. Ill just try to keep from getting those stupid road signs and toy with different combinations. Thanks for all the great information you guys passed on. I'm going to keep referencing them if I get stuck and I'll post the goodie combinations that I might be able to come up with. Thanks again guys :smile:

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
THAT is actually the statement I was kinda looking for. :smile:

That mean if I chose parts that give me "drop-down" selections, is it safe to assume those are allowed? That's what I've done in the past and it seems to have been working.

One last quick question, I've seen more recent posts stating that there are still ways to add multipliers and things beyond normal game items i.e. relics and class mods I'm guessing. Can someone tell me if I have the right idea in moding/manipulating normal gameplay items to increase damage and things?

As Deftoned mentions in his videos (a lot) its a lot of trial and error. Ill just try to keep from getting those stupid road signs and toy with different combinations. Thanks for all the great information you guys passed on. I'm going to keep referencing them if I get stuck and I'll post the goodie combinations that I might be able to come up with. Thanks again guys :smile:
Once you pick out a Type and Balance, anything that pops up in the drop down menus will be a legitimate part. If you want to check out what some modded gear that survives sanity check looks like, check out some of the recent threads in the Modding and Glitching section and/or look here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c0KzeIRphFxeLbMJRe5wnQsM_G4e8QUQbikIivhblY8/edit?usp=sharing

Upvote 0
V

vTemporalZEROv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What is pretty useful as well, at least with alien, maliwan, and some other weapons, is if you remove the elemental damage( slag, corrosive, shock, fire) and put it to "None" then some weapons actually get the explosive elemental damage which can add some major damage, I did it to my norfleet and it almost doubled the damage, added with rocketspeed or accuracy attachments is very deadly. 
And to "make your gun look modded" as a lot of people are still blown away by, I don't see why, I honestly like the non textured colors, is if you go down to "Material" on the weapon and item editor and put it to "None", you remove the texture making it blue and white.

Upvote 0
M

MnkyBoi1187

Reaction score
Sin$
Updater:: Following DOMIN8's rules of selections with "caution signs" not being allowed. I have been making sure that those signs don't show up. So far I have had pretty good success! I have been able to put together some Legendary weapons in fact AND been able to use them without any glitches or disappearing. I want to thank everyone for the great info that they offered and some of them have even worked :smile:

I found these Websites that have helped me tremendously in the field of mixed parts and things....
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2_Weapons
http://imgur.com/a/eIXvz#0

I'm finally starting to figure out how to successfully add damage to weapons by moding the Prefix and Title with parts of other guns...for example, on a Vladof assault rifle where I would normally not have any options to add a title and prefix, I copy and pasted my own from other guns...

Prefix:: GD_Weap_AssaultRifle.Name.Prefix_Vladof.Prefix_Foregrip_Stability
Title:: GD_Weap_AssaultRifle.Name.Title.Title_Barrel_Alien_Blaster

Which gave me the title of "Resolute Blaster" in game and its been good enough that I favorite'd it and now I use it more often than the others. Although I haven't determined if the damage increase was because of the things I added or not but I like to think it was ME that caused it (because I'm narcissistic like that) lol

I'm still playing with different combinations and things. Ill try to get a difference between a standard drop item I find and mod it to see if I increase it any. When I find a good combination ill share it and everyone can let a beginner know what they think. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register