Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Entity v2.0 (build 42434) released!

Download here now:
(Program) http://rapidshare.com/files/192800308/Entity_2.0.rar
(C# Source) http://rapidshare.com/files/194150641/Entity_2.0_Source.rar

* I AM CONSTANTLY UPDATING THIS LIST, LOOK FOR BOLD FOR NEW UPDATES *

So I've been thinking that Entity 1.3.9 has alot of great uses and so does Entity 1.6UE, however both have their downfalls.

I D/L the 1.3.9 code (which resembles 1.6 quite a bit) and am refreshing myself in C as I learn .NET programming, but have decided that a new version of Entity needs to be released to fix minor bugs and add on things that would be useful.

I want feedback as to bugs that have been found and ideas to make it more user friendly. This may be a slow going process for some requests as I learn .NET and someone elses code at the same time. I think alot of my time will be spent on the BSP viewer end.

I am hoping to try to put out lots of small updates as things are added/fixed instead of long wait periods between releases. Please post any known bugs (from 1.3.9) or ideas you have.

UPDATES COMPLETED SO FAR :thumbup:
-----------------------------
+Added in the MAINMENU/SHARED/SP_SHARED directories as in 1.6, but without the errors<_<
+Added about box showing version/build and Title includes version/build
+Added to implementation of Ent Plugin editor (reflexives,etc)
+Added last 4 recently loaded maps to File menu
+Added bar to top of tag list to switch between TAG/FOLDER view & quick link to SBSP viewer (1st BSP only)

+BSP viewer:
__+Fixed Coordinate finder (was always going to X,X,X instead of X,Y,Z)
__+Added camera speed slide bar
__+sidebar auto-closes
__+double-clicking object:
____+takes camera to a close view instead of right on object center
____+camera doesn't "jump" after viewpoint moved
__+object coordinates updated in real time
__+fixed speed slider bar moving with Up/Down/Left/Right
__+proper rotation of objects (needs final testing)

BUG FIXES
----------
+after using BSP viewer, if map was closed, entity would have to be restarted or a "Internal map error" would show
+error when switching between TAG & FOLDER view multiple times
+replaced a few "crashes" with error box & no crash.

KNOWN BUGS :cursing:
-------------
-Ent Plugin editor - unfinished/still lots of bugs
-Chunk Cloner- does not copy UNUSEDs?

NEW IDEAS :huh:
-----------
-change weapons/items from within viewer
-select all of one objective (Hill1, Hill2, etc)
-add/duplicate/remove objects

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
do this to the whole program, make it more smarter. Somtime I will randomly get an error msg saying shared.map is not found. But I have it in the same directory and I set the path. But will only happen somtimes. What I mean is make it more flowing. Also I have a program for you to use on entity when its all done. It will optimize the code and make it ALOT faster and effeicient.

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hate the SHARED faults as well (and in 1.6 the path errors when maps are first opened). Are you running 1.3.9 or 1.6?

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thought so. That's where most of the common file faults come from. Thanks.

R

RILEY

Reaction score
Sin$
BSP viewer doesnt work with vista. I keep getting an error that says "invalid win32 app."

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
RILEY said:
BSP viewer doesnt work with vista. I keep getting an error that says "invalid win32 app."

That's because you are using a 64bit OS. It will only work on a 32bit OS.

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry, I have no access to a 64-bit machine, but as with past versions, I will release the source code on at least major updates.

*Beta Testers Wanted*

Looking for people who still use Entity lots to try out 2.0 before I release it to make sure there are no major bugs in it. I'm still planning on adding a few more features on the list before final release. Most of the updates have been for the BSP viewer.

B

BillyBoB6969

Reaction score
Sin$
I had stopped modding Halo 2 but I am going to be doing it over the next couple of weeks, so I would love to try this program out for you.

If you want to contact me you can message me on aim or here. My aim sn is BillyBoB66969

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
BillyBoB6969 said:
I had stopped modding Halo 2 but I am going to be doing it over the next couple of weeks, so I would love to try this program out for you.

If you want to contact me you can message me on aim or here. My aim sn is BillyBoB66969

Just working out one little bug, hoping to send it out to a few early next week. Anyone else interested? I'd like to have another couple of people as well.

BillyBoB6969 said:

Just working out one little bug, then I'll send it out.
Anyone else for Beta testing?

N

NicksMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love to beta test for you, i still mod and i think a new entity is great.

A

Angel Natavi

Reaction score
Sin$
Personally, I love the idea of a new Entity. 1.6 UE has a lot of good things, but also a couple of faults that are really irritating. Though, no fault of the maker. I think. Anyway, I am a 3d artist, and I have been using a couple of the Halo 'verse models in fan animations. I have been wanting a couple particular models, which the application seems to refuse to want to give. So... If it is possible, I would indeed love to be a beta tester.

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
okay. Looks like I have three willing and one more who I am going to try to work with to make it 64-bit compatible. Hopefully should have a Beta ready in a few days :wink:

PS - Angel - What faults are you talking about? The ones listed above or something else? If you mean file corruption when duplicating & stuff, I believe that's from the plugins still not being quite right, but that's something else I'd like to see updated so that we can add/remove stuff without messing up the maps.

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You three (NickMods, Angel, BillyBob) & Riley (64-bit) have been the only ones to reply so far, so I will message you here in a day or two (maybe even later tonight<_<)
Just going to do a compile and quick test to verify nothing major got missed.

*EDIT* Beta sent out. Release to come *very* soon

N

NicksMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. I opened entity and it gave me this error:
error1ho7.jpg

but the program still opened.

2. Entity is open and i click "open map" then it brings up this screen:
sucsess1cx7.jpg

3. I selected the map "lockout" and it brought up this window:
error2rs6.jpg

4. I clicked "ok" and it brought up this window:
error3uy0.jpg

but here is the thing, i can open mainmenu.map and shared.map and singleplayer_shared.map without error (all the maps are clean)

other errors:
othererroron2.jpg

othererror1va4.jpg

othererror2ct4.jpg

I suggest you use entity 1.4's coding because it did not have so much errors in it like entity 1.6 and has less path errors

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
NicksMods said:
1. I opened entity and it gave me this error:
error1ho7.jpg

but the program still opened.
{...}
I suggest you use entity 1.4's coding because it did not have so much errors in it like entity 1.6 and has less path errors

The paths are written from scratch, nothing to do with 1.6UE. As for the firt error, settings is the path file for the MAINMENU,SHARED,SP_SHARED maps. The following errors resulted because the paths were not set. I will have it auto-open the Settings->Tools window if the settings file is not found. for now, ust go into the Settings->Tools window manually and set the paths.

The other errors are problems with your maps/plugins. The plugins I included may not be the best. Overwrite the PLUGINS/HALO2 directory with plugins from your old version.

Hope this helps.

N

NicksMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright i will see if i get anymore errors but just thought i should let you know (even took pics):wink:

TroyMac1ure

TroyMac1ure

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any major error reports from the four I sent it to?
I fixed the settings file thing so if it's not found it brings up the settings box.

Also, we found a workaround if you're running Windows 64-bit, type this in your run box or add it to a Batch file:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Ldr64.exe setwow

You may have a different version of the framework, but the same idea should apply if so.

If no reports are heard back in the next couple days of major bugs, I will release v2.0 February 1.

Top Bottom
Login
Register