What's new

News New Update and Saint Patrick's Day event!

• Thread starter Extinct
  • Start date
  • Views 1,699
Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Operation: Shamrock and Awe coming today. Sledgehammer said they'll be launching a trailer showcasing some of the things they've been working on including a new weapon, uniform and more. I'll update this thread with that later. Here’s the trailer!

Here's the main changes you should know about.
  • Increased Number of Weapons & Premium Content per Update – We’re adding new ranged weapons, more cosmetic weapon variants, and themed uniforms with a commitment to double-down on these categories moving forward so you’ll be able to get more of the content you want.
  • More Ways to Earn Weapons – We are offering a variety of paths to obtain the most-wanted weapons and weapon variants in-game as more will be made available via Orders and Contracts, in addition to existing Weapon Collections and Supply Drops.
  • Lowered Duplicate Rates – We are reducing the frequency of duplicates you’ll receive within Supply Drops to deliver more new content in every drop.
  • Rebalanced Category Reward Rates – This will ensure you are getting a wider variety of content categories within every drop, which will make the unboxing experience more satisfying (we heard you on what it feels like to get triple duplicate pistol grips).
  • New Special Orders - We heard your feedback on certain weapons being available only via Common Supply Drops and how hard they are to get. We are moving these into Special Orders so that they are easier to access.
  • New Categories of Items – You will have more ways to customize your solider and loadout with the introduction of weapon charms, camos, and reticles.
  • Content Changes – We are removing gold foil calling cards, and won’t be adding new pistol grips to the loot pool.
  • Armory Drops – We are adding a new Supply Drop type “Armory Drops” which will function a lot like Bribes but can be obtained for Armory Credits to provide yet another way to get the content you’re after.

They're also adding the new maps to prop hunt.
    New limited time gamemode Leprechaun Hunt Mosh Pit!
    Headquarters menu added.
    Shipment 1944 (available Season Pass holders today, and for free for non-Season Pass holders starting March 16th)

Full patch notes:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/476600/announcements/detail/1654382972095681879

Seems like a good update to the whole loot system in general.
What are your thoughts?

More info here.
Source: https://community.sledgehammergames...ommunity-Update-Monday-March-12/ba-p/10679009

Last edited:
Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That hat looks pretty cool. Good to see new maps added to prop hunt.

Nagato

Nagato

Se7enVeteran
Stickied Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yo I feel like ever since Michael Condrey left SHG I'm getting a ****in boner, I can't keep up. This is the fastest they've been reworking this game since he left.

I wonder if the new camos is just paint job

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m glad that they’re revamping the loot system and this new update gives me a reason to get on the game other than keeping my login streak, which is at 72.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice to see some good changes to this game. I know a lot of people don’t enjoy it. But personally I love this game.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Operation Shamrock and Awe now live! Trailer has been added, updated the post with it.

zSean

zSean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm so hyped!!! I've been master since December and the **** got soooo boring

C

Christopher Galka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You all probably already know by now but when you kill the leprechaun you get full streaks :smile:

C

Christopher Galka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lots of glitches though. Like you can no longer shoot down the parachute on your care package.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems like a good update to the whole loot system in general.
What are your thoughts?
I agree. I think it's good that there will be less duplicates. The only down-side I see is that getting lots of scrap to purchase specific rare items for weapon collections will be difficult since you can usually get lots of scrap from those duplicates. Even still, more diverse drops should offset against all those more rare items on those lists provided things are balanced correctly.
I'm glad that they are going to do more with unlockable camo's and got rid of the pistol grips. I don't even use grips whatsoever but I would mess with camo's for sure.

I do like too how they are managing the loot system with players in mind that don't want to pay MTX to get new weapons. I don't even play much and I've been able to get every unlockable weapon I've wanted so far with not much grinding.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree. I think it's good that there will be less duplicates. The only down-side I see is that getting lots of scrap to purchase specific rare items for weapon collections will be difficult since you can usually get lots of scrap from those duplicates. Even still, more diverse drops should offset against all those more rare items on those lists provided things are balanced correctly.
I'm glad that they are going to do more with unlockable camo's and got rid of the pistol grips. I don't even use grips whatsoever but I would mess with camo's for sure.

I do like too how they are managing the loot system with players in mind that don't want to pay MTX to get new weapons. I don't even play much and I've been able to get every unlockable weapon I've wanted so far with not much grinding.
Yeah I'm not to worried about that cause I'm sitting on 200K still. Bought the new SMG already. You just have to get your payroll and do the dailey orders for armory credits. I have noticed I've been getting less duplicates but they did add quite a bit of stuff. You have to unlock each camo for each weapon category instead of unlocking it once for all. So although they got rid of the pistol grips and gold foil calling cards the stuff they added balances it out. Still better than getting more duplicates. Also, I hope they get rid of the weapon charms that they just added.

I've got everything besides one of the last pistols they added and the new lmg so far. I know people that barely play or took some time off the game and completely missed out on the weapons they added. I noticed a contract for one of the guns but it costs like 8,000 armory credits so I hope they make it a little easier for the people that don't play to often.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone else who gameshares this locked out of Shipment 24/7?
I'm pretty sure Shipment is only available to players who have purchased the season's pass.

Vagaddict

Vagaddict

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
And they are already spawn trapping it was a fun map until the spawn trappers came in and the shotgun guys

Top Bottom
Login
Register