New update and no beta

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by Blue9488, May 14, 2019 with 23 replies and 1,598 views.

1. Blue9488

Blue9488 Banned

Ratings:
    RED DEAD ONLINE: WORLD UPDATES, NEW MISSIONS, POKER AND THE ROAD AHEAD
    Today’s update to Red Dead Online brings a host of new gameplay including new cooperative story missions, Free Roam activities and the addition of Poker alongside a range of updates and improvements that strengthen and stabilize the foundational world of the Red Dead Online experience.

A massive thank you to everyone who participated during the beta period. Your feedback has been instrumental in helping us fine tune the game so far with many of your suggestions implemented in today’s update, and we will continue to implement more of your feedback in future updates to come.

This is just the beginning. The future of Red Dead Online not only includes continued improvements to the core elements of the world to make every aspect of the game fun for all kinds of players, but also brand-new experiences that establish a deeper, more immersive connection to the world and your character.

See below for details on today’s update and what’s coming in the weeks and months ahead.

[​IMG]

The revenge saga of Jessica LeClerk continues today with new missions for both honorable and dishonorable players in A Land of Opportunities. After the epic showdown in Fort Mercer that concluded the last series of missions, players will help Mrs. LeClerk get closer to the truth behind the murder of her husband. In the more honorable Gunslinger path, battle the Del Lobos gang and help Marshall Tom Davies save Valentine – and his own neck.

In the Outlaw strand, outwit lawmen to assist Samson Finch in highway robbery, and pull off a daring high-stakes theft at the Saint Denis Bank. Both paths lead to a rendezvous in Blackwater with a dangerous adversary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Free Roam Missions also expand today with new characters from the story of Red Dead Redemption 2and a variety of new and diverse mission types. Bring your Posse to meet with Thomas the Skiff Captain down in Bayou Nwa for some honest work or visit the disconcertingly hospitable Aberdeen Pig Farmers to get your hands extremely dirty, and look out for more characters to appear soon.

[​IMG]

Competitive fishing is now available on-demand in one of three new Posse Versus Challenges. Posse leaders can simply use the Player Menu to trigger intra-Posse competitions to reel in the biggest catch before the timer runs out in the Biggest Fish Contest, down the most flying birds in the Bird Shooting Contest, or gather the most plants in the Herb Picking Contest.

[​IMG]

As you make your way across the frontier, you may happen across townsfolk and travelers in need of assistance, or opportunists looking to prey on lone riders. Stay sharp and keep an eye out, many of these encounters offer XP, Honor, Cash and even Gold rewards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Visit poker tables at towns and outposts across the map to challenge your friends to a private, invite-only game of Hold ’Em. Or, raise the stakes and take a seat at a public table, where the buy-ins and rewards are even higher. All poker tables seat up to 6 players, available in 5 locations: Blackwater, Saint Denis, Tumbleweed, Valentine and Flatneck Station.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mark your territory and lay claim to as much land as you can, working your way behind enemy lines to capture territory from your opponents while defending what’s yours. Whoever holds the most land at the end of this new Showdown Mode wins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boasting a 9-round revolving chamber and a secondary barrel for a single buckshot round, switch between rapid-fire bullets and a devastating shotgun shell on the fly with the LeMat Revolver – now available for purchase from the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue.

More clothing items and emotes are also available, featuring some highly-requested clothing options including Ponchos, patterned Bandanas and more – as well as new emotes such as Throat Slit and Flip Off. New inventory will be coming and going often so check the Catalogue frequently to see what’s in stock week-to-week.

In addition, all players who jump into Red Dead Online this week will get a gift of 15 Gold Bars and see a 25% increase of XP on A Land of Opportunities, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races and Free Roam Events. Treasure hunters will also find 25% extra Cash and Gold in chests containing them. All Ultimate Edition owners will also get a gift of RDO$100 and the Throat Slit emote for free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As outlined in an earlier post previewing some of today’s additions, this update brings the option to choose how you interact with players inside the world of Red Dead Online, via Offensive and Defensive playing styles in the Player Menu.

The Offensive playing style is set as the default and is how most players traditionally interact in Free Roam – free to engage in hostile contact with other players if you are prepared to accept the potential consequences.

The Defensive play style is for those players who would rather explore the world in Free Roam than engage in conflict with others – and it’s designed to let other players know that you don’t want to tangle with them, as well as minimize opportunities for griefing. At the same time, Defensive players will not be alerted to PvP Free Roam missions and can not be pulled into them while in Defensive mode, allowing them to go about their business as freely as possible.

Players in Defensive mode will be indicated by a shield icon, will take reduced damage from enemy players, cannot be lassoed, melee attacked, executed or targeted with auto-aim. Defensive players will also be excluded from being targeted in PvP-related missions such as Player Assassination. Those who attack Defensive players receive hefty penalties via the Hostility system., while players who initiate conflict while in Defensive mode will be instantly pulled out of Defensive mode) and also receive similar Hostility penalties.

[​IMG]

Today’s updates also build on the player radar and visibility improvements introduced in February to create a smarter and more responsive approach to mitigating griefing behavior. The Hostility System tracks aggressive behavior across both Playing Styles, making hostile players visible to others and helping to balance the needs of players who want to get away from others who habitually attack or kill during unstructured Free Roam gameplay.

As before, player blips change color - beginning dark blue and transitioning to red as their hostile play persists. A bright red blip indicates an enemy. With today’s update, players will never receive Hostility or Bounty increases for defending themselves against a player who is blipped as an enemy, or for killing high Hostility players. If a player attacks another player, they will not be marked as an enemy to everyone - but rather to the attacked player only, who will not receive a penalty for firing back.

You can view your current Hostility level through the Player Menu. As you become more hostile, you become more visible on other player’s radars at longer distances and will respawn further and further away from your point of death – at the highest level of Hostility, you will respawn in a different region.

Hostility increases do not apply within structured events such as Free Roam Events, Free Roam Missions, Showdowns and Races. Engaging in PvP behaviors related to Free Roam missions will not incur Hostility increases while in the Offensive playing style, however attacking other players not engaged in the activity will cause your Hostility level to rise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In order to improve the overall gameplay experience, we have made some significant changes to Red Dead Online:

Removed Auto-Aim Headshot Tracking (Enemy Players Only): This subtle but important change affects the way players can earn headshots against rival players. While auto-aim still tracks to the center mass of an enemy player, you will no longer be able to simply flick up on the Right Stick to gain a headshot. This makes earning headshots slightly more challenging, which in turn makes competitive gameplay such as Showdown series more rewarding and balanced.

Faster Weapon Swaps/Instant Projectile Lighting: We have increased the speed of weapon swaps across the board, including instant projectile lighting to make throwing fire bottles and dynamite faster.

New Control Scheme – “FPS2”: In response to community feedback we’ve added a new control scheme FPS2 (+variants). This follows our ‘FPS’ layout but moves sprint to [R1] and crouch to [X]. (This option is available in both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online).

Daily Challenge Updates: In response to your feedback, we’ve removed all PvP-related Daily Challenges from Free Roam and added a number of new Daily Challenges and Rewards, including Challenge Streaks with progressively increasing Gold rewards.

New Awards: Several new awards in Free Roam have been added including awards associated with the latest gameplay.

Global Signal Timers: Players tackling Free Roam Missions will have a bit more flexibility to operate with an increased global signal timer and a reduced range at which players are signaled.

Press Charges: When a lower Hostility player is killed without retaliating they will have an option to “Press Charges” during the respawn period, which will enforce an increase on their attacker’s Hostility and Bounty value. Press Charges is not available if you are a high Hostility player or marked as an enemy to the player who killed you.

Horse Specialty Selection: You can now use the Player Menu to preset which of your owned horses you would like to use in Free Roam, Races, Showdown Modes and on missions.

Increased Gold Payouts: We have adjusted the economy to increase Gold payouts across the board, with most Gold-earning activities now awarding up to double the previous amount. Starting today for a limited time, players will also receive 1 Gold Bar per rank they progress.

To see a comprehensive list of fixes as part of today’s update including a new HDR cinematic mode for both Story Mode and Red Dead Online, visit the dedicated Rockstar Support page. And check out the new Red Dead Online official site which includes resources for new players including details on existing game modes and features, plus integrated tracking via Social Club and more.

[​IMG]

For PS4 players without a PlayStation Plus subscription, you'll be able to play Red Dead Online as part of a special bonus period from now until May 27th. All PS4 players will see new Early Access content coming soon, keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog for more details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the weeks ahead, more additions to Red Dead Online include new Free Roam characters, as well as new Showdown modes and lots more. This includes new Free Roam Missions and Clothing for both PS4 and Xbox One next week on May 21st, along with new PS4 Early Access content (keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog for more details soon).

Then on May 28th, look for the new Head for the Hills Showdown Mode, the Wild Animal Kills Competitive Free Roam Challenge and more. Followed by the Public Enemy Showdown Mode and Railroad Baron Free Roam Event, where players capture cars on a moving train, on June 4th. June 11th's update includes the Sport of Kings Showdown Mode, plus new limited-time and permanent clothing additions to the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue.

Also keep an eye out for weekly bonuses like RDO$ and Gold gifts, increased payouts, care packages, exclusive gifts and more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the foundation of Red Dead Online now established, future updates will offer new ways to fully inhabit your character as you progress in multiple roles and carve out your own place on the frontier.

Starting this summer, players will be able to take on the first three of a series of new roles: track down wanted criminals as a bounty hunter; search the world for treasure, and other exotic items to sell as a collector; or build a business at camp as a trader and more.

Each new role will come with a range of unique gameplay along with a host of new outfits, weapons and other rewards to earn. Players will have the option to focus on a specific role to advance quickly and unlock each role’s unique attributes, or simultaneously progress across multiple roles as you play naturally to create your own unique character and path through the frontier.

Experience Red Dead Online now to familiarize yourself with the world and prepare for the launch of these new roles this summer. Stay tuned for more information soon

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    Wow , poker! Def would of liked to see some things to buy and upgrade tho... but this seems to be a nice start I guess

• Like Like x 1
  3. DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Finally a substantial update!! Looking forward to more updates in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Navy Davey

Navy Davey ☠️Over the Hills and Far Away☠️ Super Moderators

Ratings:
    Holy cow ....
    No more Beta!

I guess it’s time to get back on RDO.
    I wonder if they will follow the precedent they set with GTA and have quarterly DLC updates.
    I’m excited to play but my expectations are low. Damn you Teddy Brown:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RAPS_IN_4

RAPS_IN_4 Newbie

Ratings:
    Let's see if animals stop de-spawning.

6. VallentinoRossi

VallentinoRossi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    RDR2 Beta was Trash.... Months too early for a Release... Now i know that Online is still the same Trash

Now after 3 Month Installing the Update and go Online with a lot of skepticism. See one Player with the new Friendly Symbol... Okay a good Guy. Go into the Clothes Store and get Shot from behind. Spawn back in the Game and get another Shot directly in the Head.

Turn of the Game and can Say... They learn nothing from here community. FU Rockstar

7. Bwop Meat

Bwop Meat Sports Fanatic

Ratings:
    I hope that the multiplayer is actually worth playing hence the updates. I loved the online in the first one but in this game, I have probably only played it once or twice and I was not a fan of it at all.

8. OP
    Blue9488

Blue9488 Banned

Ratings:
    Boring now to be honest story missions are OK.. New stranger mission are not new only thing new is a new stranger character... Jobs are the same paid killing.. Rob a boat Zzz.. Trying poker for now as nothing else to do.. Then again I haven't played the new game mode I may try that

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    This update brought lots of bugs and glitchiness for sure lol.... noticing NPCs don’t react to you or can’t seem to hit you with shots in certain missions, stranger missions get crazy glitchy where I’ve completed one to have another instantly launch at the previous ones cut scene.... and just overall buggy stuff.

They seriously needed to add things to buy and customize and upgrade, like someone else said, you can be back to the same boredom very fast. The same stranger missions just diff characters is ridiculously dumb. Story missions seems nice so far, however they only added 3 for each honor level, so it’s not much being the missions can be completed easily in under 15 mins.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  10. Navy Davey

Ratings:
    I agree about the bugs. In the half hour I played I didn’t once load into the new story missions I started. I could swear
    I was OTR each time I loaded back in.
    I definitely like the 1 gold bar per level bonus. Looks like I’ll definitely put some AFK time in.
    I would have preferred Blackjack to be available as well but I guess the odds of winning are a bit better. They don’t want us to break the game just yet.
    I’m definitely going to be counting cards...

Liquor in the Front...
    Poker in the Rear:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yes! My friend multiple times returned from story missions OTR for a good amount of time it was so strange. Blackjack would of been awesome for sure, but poker is cool for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Sauce

The Sauce Scraping By....

Ratings:
    "no beta."

About ****ing time. Don't yet know how I feel about the new anti grief system, time will tell. Still not better than invite only lobbies, but it's a start I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    The new hostility and bounty thing actually seems nice as far as no longer getting bounties or law when your on the defense. It’s nice to actually be able to return fire or fight back npcs without dealing with the law and all that.

I just don’t like the lazy look on the rest of the update... if you look at the new wire and see how it’s all written up, they have just tried talking it up and adding so much info where it looks like some huge update... and it’s not.

The new game mode is simply just one big version of the showdown game mode where you steal the land from other teams. The stranger missions are no new missions, just
    New characters asking you to do them. And as far as the story missions, those missions actually so far have been fun and refreshing, and so far the best part , however only Adding a few on each side isn’t too much especially when the missions can be done quick.

They say there are dynamic events now where similar to story , characters will be flagging us down asking for help etc etc.... after spending 4 hours easily playing last night with a friend, traveling around and doing the usual, not once did we run into or see anyone of the sorts.... makes me wonder what is going to be the frequency in that then? Because story mode you would have someone in need of help almost anytime you were riding out on a trek...

Then there’s the couple new clothing items, where you can spend like 2k instantly on just a hat or 2 and boots and a coat, really not much for the cost ( Mexican outfit is sweet tho lol).

And lastly, good old poker. When having my
    First amazing hand, I instantly noticed your not allowed to go “all in” , only max bet... which for me never seemed more than 70 cents.

14. Navy Davey

Ratings:
    I actually triggered a new stranger mission... or at least new to me.
    I had to save a guy from muggers in St. Denis and take him to Caliga Hall.
    Paid $7.25.
    I would rather do some fishing in Blackwater. You can make money so much faster. The cougars now spawn regularly there as well.

I also finally got the new story missions to load. For whatever reason I can’t load into them from the landing screen.
    It took awhile for the yellow mission circles to appear on the map.

Poker is cool but just as I started winning I got booted due to a R* server error:frown:

I can definitively say that the game is even more buggy now than it ever was as a beta...

I already have some weird stuff on video.
    At least it gives me some motivation to see what I can do with multiple consoles in a Poker game.

In addition I may have found a way to have the player menu up at the same time as the Catalogue.
    There is even more but I don’t want to bore you anymore than I already have.
    :biggrin:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  15. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    That’s good to hear that there is hope for actually new stranger missions, maybe my rotation was just unlucky, when I did them they were just same concept just worded differently- go kidnap people from a stage coach, steal a boat, and destroy a supply wagon. Will have to give them more tries today...

So much buggier than before, absolutely.
    Hahah your information and discovery is never boring lol..... and I’ll have to be on the look out for you at the poker
    Tables with a full card counting cheat system going on :roflmao:
    Just don’t let the pit boss see you, may lose some fingers :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Navy Davey

Ratings:
    I have to say I really liked what I saw at the poker table.

It’s neat that you can invite friends and have a private game for a $5 ante.

As far as the new stranger mission it was sort of like random occurrences in GTA V story. A yellow NPC blip appears on the map when there’s one nearby and triggers when you go to the NPC.

A couple of more likes:
    1. The story mission with the Marshall where you defend the town against the Montez Gang. I thought it was really cool they worked in a way for you to control the NPCs. I hope they continue to have us do this in missions going forward. It would be even cooler if we could hire NPCs as posse members in freemode.
    2. You can pay bounties at your camp lockbox.
    3. The New Over Under Pistol. I am not sure if this was added to the game earlier since I have been away for a couple of months but they are awesome!! A revolver that also shoots shotgun shells... lol... I have already proven to be a deadly adversary with a pair of these at my side.
    I like what I see so far. I just wish they could figure out their server error issues that have been around since day one. That’s one thing that prevents me from fully enjoying the game online.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  17. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah poker is neat with friends for sure.
    It def seems like the story missions are the best part lol, I did that one last night as well and I thought it was awesome and packed with action, and how about that insane war wagon with the armor and mini gun on it? That thing was intense and looked awesome, Wonder when we are getting to buy that mofo...

Seems they did good with those missions, when doing one bad honor mission, there are like secondary events that happen inside the mission that makes it interesting and fun.

They need to get the severs under control because it seriously seems worse.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The updates ok. Not much diff then before but somehow better. Stranger missions are way more glitched now then before some how though lol.

I somehow spent 4000+ on in game stuff. Maybe a new saddle & the guns fully upgraded with some clothes. Seemed nuts

I notice now the gold payout is way better & generally higher for however time you spend. But the cash is lowered & by kinda a lot. Like the gold payout Max is now .34(I think it was .40 before, but I only had one stranger mission do that payout ever.), but the cash max is $20!!! Half the amount we could make with the long ones before. I’m wondering if it’s even worth waiting for the last 30 secs anymore

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    Lol ok so I’m not the only one wondering how I spent like 3-4K on some clothes and one gun lol.... idk how it happened but it did, my friend spent like 5k....

And the cash payouts suck...

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    Blue9488

Blue9488 Banned

Ratings:
    INTRODUCING FREE ROAM MISSIONS FROM BLACK BELLE, SADIE & JAKE ADLERPLUS NEW SKIRT, BOOTS AND VEST, PS4 EARLY ACCESS CONTENT AND MORE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last week, we added the first of many new Free Roam Missions, with new mission types and some new characters to meet along the way. This week, two fan favorites from the Red Dead Redemption 2 story join the cast of characters in the market for a helping hand in the world of Red Dead Online.

[​IMG]

Ride out to the Adler Ranch in Ambarino or search out the infamous gunslinger Black Belle in Lemoyne for new Free Roam Missions to play in Red Dead Online for both PS4 and Xbox One.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This week's updates also include new Early Access content for players on PlayStation 4 including the devastating Ancient Tomahawk along with a new Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk Showdown Mode. There's also Last Stand, a bloody free-for-all Showdown Mode with no way out, no second chances and one winner. PlayStation 4 players will also get early access to the new Perlino Andalusian Horse and new horse equipment, clothing and emotes. For more details, visit the PlayStation Blog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Clothing section of the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has new options on offer, including the Wescott Skirt, Valdez Vest, Citadel Boots, and limited stock of the Plaid Cap.

[​IMG]

In addition to 25% RDO$ and Gold increased payouts for all A Land of Opportunities Missions, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races and Free Roam Events – playing in a Posse this week at any point will earn you 5 bonus Gold Bars. There are a number of benefits to playing in a Posse beyond this week’s 5 bonus Gold Bars, including bonus RDO$ and XP when playing together, and the ability to bring an entire Posse into Free Roam Events, Competitive Challenges, or Showdown Series.

[​IMG]

We continue to work behind the scenes to address overall game stability and performance with recent fixes including closing some duplication exploits, resolving issues related to reduced numbers of animals in sessions, updating Defensive mode to revert Playing Style to Offensive and apply a Hostility penalty when stealing cargo from another player’s horse and more.

• Like Like x 1