New TV + H2 on 360 = Choppy

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by PistawL, Dec 26, 2008 with 4 replies and 334 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PistawL

PistawL Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So I just got a new tv for Christmas. It's a 37" Samsung HD LCD, with 1080p. And when I play halo 2 on it is really choppy. I am just wondering what would be causing this, and if there would be anyway to fix this. Also my brother said thay halo 3 doesnt look to well either but COD4 and GOW2 look great. If you need any other information please let me know, and also if this is in the wrong section fell free to move it.

2. Noah ATR

Noah ATR Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. jeezy103

jeezy103 Getting There

Ratings:
    Tone it down to 480p, that's how h2 was meant to be played. Doubt you can "upconvert" with satisfactory results.

4. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    The problem is caused because the emulator for Xbox games can't utilize the full power of the CPU and GPU. Xbox games weren't meant to be played at HD resolutions, so the console is attempting to upscale the graphics with less available RAM and slower GPU speed than regular Xbox 360 games have. If you're playing it with 1080i or 1080p, change it to 720p. It may look better. If it's still bad, go to 480p or 480i.

5. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    T sizzles said it the best. Halo 2 was made for the original xbox not the 360. So the games capabilities aren't that high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.