• Thread starter Sacambery
  • Start date
  • Views 459
Sacambery

Sacambery

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys,
I've just got a used Xbox 360 arcade from a friend and have a couple of easy questions for you while for me I've been searching for days with nothing solid.
First of all, here's a pic of my Xbox:
http://i.imgur.com/gaaNF2i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U6hzCHw.jpg
my questions are:
1- I was told that it is flashed however I couldn't determine which type of modding has been done to this device, can you guide me through this?
2- The dashboard of this device was quite old ( I think it was 9199) and I just made an offline update (download it from Microsoft website to a flash disk) and now it is on 17349. That was before I know it is flashed so I feel now that I've done something wrong, Haven't I?
3- I have tried a backup PES 2015 but it is not working, just displaying XBOX logo with nothing else to be done. can you figure out the problem?
4- Is it OK for me to connect to Xbox Live noting that I tested my device for being banned and fortunately it is not. (not showing the Z code for banned devices; Z: 8015-190D).
Thanks guys in advance

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys,
I've just got a used Xbox 360 arcade from a friend and have a couple of easy questions for you while for me I've been searching for days with nothing solid.
First of all, here's a pic of my Xbox:
http://i.imgur.com/gaaNF2i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U6hzCHw.jpg
my questions are:
1- I was told that it is flashed however I couldn't determine which type of modding has been done to this device, can you guide me through this?
2- The dashboard of this device was quite old ( I think it was 9199) and I just made an offline update (download it from Microsoft website to a flash disk) and now it is on 17349. That was before I know it is flashed so I feel now that I've done something wrong, Haven't I?
3- I have tried a backup PES 2015 but it is not working, just displaying XBOX logo with nothing else to be done. can you figure out the problem?
4- Is it OK for me to connect to Xbox Live noting that I tested my device for being banned and fortunately it is not. (not showing the Z code for banned devices; Z: 8015-190D).
Thanks guys in advance
  1. If it was Flashed, on 9199, and you updated it to 17349, then you just flashed it back to stock. A while back, Micro$oft release 13146, which put Flashed DVD Drives back to stock. So that's essentially what you did, was unflash it.
  2. See Answer 1.
  3. Like I said in the first answer, you flashed it back to stock. Burnt games will no longer work on it.
  4. Yes you can connect it to XBL.

Sacambery

Sacambery

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Noobert for your quick reply.
I received a bunch of old games with that used Xbox and some of them are still working after the update that i did while others are not. they all seem to be backup games. I just can't identify the difference.
Anyway; based on your answer I have to go through the great flashing guide that you prepared :wink:, right?
and i'm gonna need all the tools just as if i'm flashing from scratch, right?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
they all seem to be backup games. I just can't identify the difference.
Usually burned games are on Dual-Layer DVD's with generic faces rather than actual games having the game's graphics on the disc.

Sacambery

Sacambery

Reaction score
Sin$
here's a pic of two disks, one is working (FEAR) and one is not (PES2015).
2KResDW.jpg

the only thing i can notice is that FEAR has the NTSC symbol while PES2015 doesn't.

Sacambery

Sacambery

Reaction score
Sin$
That's what i doubted Noobert, it can never be an original.
Anyway, i will try to get another one.
one last question: when i try to go for XBox Live it says there's a required update. Is it safe to go for it?
(just confirming as it was a previously flashed console but i updated it to dashboard 17349 as mentioned above)

Green_Man

Green_Man

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That's what i doubted Noobert, it can never be an original.
Anyway, i will try to get another one.
one last question: when i try to go for XBox Live it says there's a required update. Is it safe to go for it?
(just confirming as it was a previously flashed console but i updated it to dashboard 17349 as mentioned above)
if it was flashed and you already updated your dvd drive wont be flashed anymore, but there is a new dash out anyway (17439) but yes its safe

Top Bottom
Login
Register