New to Se7en Sins - Looking to host in Halo 3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by asshat12, Jan 17, 2009 with 4 replies and 892 views.

1. asshat12

asshat12 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi Guys.

Have a laptop on winME and a desktop on Vista. 4 port modem router, laptop one ethernet and desktop two ethernet ports.

What is the best and easiest setup to run, perferrable free software.

Looked at Krafty's sticky post but the links to download ZoneAlarm and Cain & Abel seem restricted.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Welcome to the site and this is an intro forum which I don't see an intro.... next time post in the right place.

Since you already posted your problem, use Cain and Zone Alarm.

For your setup I suggest working with the desktop. Or if you wish you can enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and bridge with your labtop.

3. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ asian women VIP Retired

Ratings:
  4. OMGitstheBishop

OMGitstheBishop Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    What you want to do is use your desktop with the 2 ethernet ports and plug one ethernet cord into your modem and buy a crossover cable and plug it into the other port. Then go to your network connections and right click and highlight both and bridge connections. Then for the rest just read kraftys tutorial and you should be good to go. PS if you need a license key for zone alarm go on youtube and search it up.