new to modding

Discussion in 'Original Xbox' started by Unholy Animosity, Feb 12, 2009 with 5 replies and 453 views.

1. Unholy Animosity

Unholy Animosity Newbie

Ratings:
    what are the different mods and what do they do to your consoles? and what do you do to keep from being banned from xbl?

2. ABKx AuToMaTiC

ABKx AuToMaTiC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what kind of mods do u mean? and to keep from being banned from xbl, i dont think there is any specific way but u just dont do stupid things or get caught

3. OP
    Unholy Animosity

Unholy Animosity Newbie

Ratings:
    whatever dude. i dont know any i just learned about rapid fire controller mods ive been playing legit the whole time and though some bs was going on and now i think there probably was

4. OP
    Unholy Animosity

Unholy Animosity Newbie

Ratings:
  5. Gothikpunk91

Gothikpunk91 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok, depending on which mods you mean, there are a few ways you can get banned. There are Softmods, which basically enable a different dashboard(main menu) and allow you to play burnt disks, AND you can back up, about 1 game onto the hard drive. Hardmods, which is like a softmod, only you have to open the xbox, do some soldering, and put in a chip, but it allows you to change hard drives easier. Then there are game mods, which you need at least a softmod to use. Now, softmods and hardmods will both get you banned on XBL. Some hardmod chips have the option of running the xbox without the chip, and that will keep you unbanned, but i dont recommend it. My advise is, dont mod your xbox...at all, because you still use XBL, your more limited. If you are really interested in the modding scene, wait till your XBL is expired, then try a softmod(there are tutorials everywhere). If you like that, but still want to play online, I recommend downloading XBC(Xbox Connect) which can be found at [Click here to view the link]. Any other questions you might have about this, you can PM me, or IM my AIM account. Crimsonmoon679.

6. 1337 Feet

1337 Feet Banned

Ratings:
    You can mod con files........ thats about it and you can avoid being banned by staying offline DUHH

ooops wrong section lol