What's new

Solved New to modding

T

TheMTnow

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone,

So I'm looking into buying a PS3 to start with modding GTA 5 Online accounts but I was wondering if I need a particular kind of PS3 because of system software etc. or can I just buy a new one(=with the latest update)? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
TheMTnow

amermstwntd2

amermstwntd2

PS3 GTA5 HOSTER
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone,

So I'm looking into buying a PS3 to start with modding GTA 5 Online accounts but I was wondering if I need a particular kind of PS3 because of system software etc. or can I just buy a new one(=with the latest update)? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
TheMTnow
Pianist prodigy has a very efficient downgrade and jailbreak shop. Does good work and is fast. CECH-2101A models and CECH-2001A models only at the moment. I think he might do CECH-2501A also, but ask him before purchasing a console.

Go Here

Upvote 0
T

TheMTnow

Reaction score
Sin$
Pianist prodigy has a very efficient downgrade and jailbreak shop. Does good work and is fast. CECH-2101A models and CECH-2001A models only at the moment. I think he might do CECH-2501A also, but ask him before purchasing a console.

Go Here
Unfortunately his service is only available for people in the U.S. and I live in The Netherlands so that's not going to work. Thanks for your feedback though.

EDIT: by the way, are those numbers you're using some sort of model numbers?

Upvote 0
Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
You will a ps3 on 3.55 or lower. There are shops that will downgrade for you or just sell you an already jailbroken console. Just take a look around buy sell and trade sections. They have shops for Europe as well.

Upvote 0
T

TheMTnow

Reaction score
Sin$
You will a ps3 on 3.55 or lower. There are shops that will downgrade for you or just sell you an already jailbroken console. Just take a look around buy sell and trade sections. They have shops for Europe as well.
Ok, so if I have a PS3 with 3.55 software I can jailbreak it with just an USB stick?

Upvote 0
Jus10Price

Jus10Price

Reaction score
Sin$
From what I gather, if you are wanting to have a mod menu that you can use during online game-play with others you MUST have a jailbroken ps3 with 3.55 or lower.. If you are wanting to use a mod menu during solo-lobby online play or with other modders you can use the USB method. Search YouTube for "GTA V mod no jailbreak" to find tutorials.

Upvote 0
Acro

Acro

**Insert badass text here**
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are wanting to install mod menus you have to have a PS3 running 3.55 or below to be able to install a Custom Firmware. If you are on any higher firmware you will need a downgrade service to get you on 3.55, Or you could just get a 3.55 on eBay. Only certain models can be jailbroke. If you wish to find out more you can check out Wolfs very detailed jailbreaking post HERE.

-Psyclone

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register