WD Black 1TB and 2TB
WD Red 6TB
Corsair HX1000i

4cOLgxA.jpg

K

Kalidian

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I only finished building it about a week ago but it's been great so far.

Just trying to figure out some solution to make it quieter...

S

Spacemonk32

Reaction score
Sin$
Looks beast! How is it?

Nice build man and love the two 980ti's! If you wanna make it quieter, invest in some good fans! I have corsair 120 SP's in my rig and they are pretty silent. In addition to that, you can go to your bios and adjust the fan settings to ur liking. Lastly, why so many HD's? You really don't need 9TB for gaming and they might be also quite noisy.

K

Kalidian

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man. Yea I added in 3x corsair af140 "quiet" fans up top as exhaust. I did try to go into the bios to try and set a fan curve but it's tricky.. still working on it lol. Honestly I think it's the 2 stock cpu radiator fans (corsair sp120's) that are generating the most noise, but I'm getting mixed opinions on whether replacing those (with say noctua's) would make any real difference. I've thrown enough money at this thing lol.

Also come to think of it, including the ones on the 980ti's, I have a total of 14 fans in this thing. Expecting it to be silent might be an unrealistic pipe dream...

I started off 3 years or so ago with just the 1 TB. After it filled up I got the 2TB... then that's about almost full as well now so with the new rig I thought screw it lol I'll get a 6TB to hold me over, and the 6TB Red was on sale so it kind of worked out. All my games are on the SSD's.. the HD's are all photos, videos/movies, and backups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register