What's new

Discussion New security in xbox 360 dash upcoming.

• Thread starter Johnodd4
  • Start date
  • Views 594
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Currently invloved in the beta test through microsoft for the new xbox dash with twitter and facebook and zune found out some new security methods that are going to cause gamesave hackers hell.

I decided to try out a xport to transfer my saves from my xbox 1 games to my xbox 360 because my xbox is on it's last leg.

I copied the saved data to my computer and connected my hard drive from my 360 to my computer i then transfered the saves over into the correct folder and partition on the 360 hard drive.

Once i did this i logged into xbox live because i am using xbox 1 saves microsoft cannot ban me they didn't ban me it did something even worse.

It corrupted my profile instead due to a new record keeping issue with the new dash.

The new dash update records what games you have played and what saves our on your hard drive if you add a save the save file auto corrupts due to the fact that a save file appears on your hard drive that wasn't there before and the record thinks the record for the user profile is corrupted.

Now here is the work around.

go ahead and upload you xbox 1 saves into your 360 hard drive once finished using the xport software.

go and run each game once to save and exit.

once finished connect to live you will notice your profile is screwed.

Don't worry just recover your gamer tag all of your save files are still there and intact just the profile only was damaged.

thought this might be helpfull

going down00

going down00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How would halo 3 work then? Wouldnt any map you download be corrupted? Or what about DLC?

J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't tried 360 games yet i am working on this right now and will let you know.

but the one thing that started making me think is if the save is recording a record we might be able to somehow find the record and update it!!!

just a idea but untill i try i won't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register