Solved New RGH user...

• Thread starter JayMcQuillen
  • Start date
  • Views 603
J

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
Hello fellow modders!
I've just recently RGH'd my first console. I put xex menu, and freestyle dash, as well as dashlaunch on there. I've gotten my hands on quite a few mod menus as well and feel like I understand how thet work and how to run them. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. I'll list them in a numeric order so I don't have confusion to whats being answered.
1. I have a few menu files that are the default_mp.xex, do I need to have that game still ripped to the hdd, or are all the multiplayer files stored online and thats the only file I need?
2. When it comes to online play, I remotely understand how to set up a stealth server myself, but is it worth paying for? Do they generally have longer kv life?
3. Whats needed to extract a kv from another console? I have two dead ones that have the same kv type and figured I might as well use them.
4. With an RGH, can I rip games directly from the disc, instead of downloading ISO's and add the mods there?
5. Since I just RGH'd it, it's on the current dash, there's nothing I need to do to update it right? The dash was, and still is the 17526 on the system settings.

Thank you for answering my noobish questions!
Edit: wrong dash

Last edited:
J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. You still have to have the game ripped to the hdd or external hard drive. The default_mp.xex files and other files that came with download are meant to be replaced within the games folder
2. You would need a stealth server in order to access Xbox live, otherwise your key vault will be flagged and banned. Use ninja.
3. In order to extract the key vault from another console, you will need to dump the nand and obtain that consoles cpu key. The key vault is encrypted using the key and that is why it is needed.
4. Absolutely! As long as your dvd drive works, you can insert the game and rip it straight from xex menu
5. Idk if that is a typo, but the current dash is 17526.

J

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
1. You still have to have the game ripped to the hdd or external hard drive. The default_mp.xex files and other files that came with download are meant to be replaced within the games folder
2. You would need a stealth server in order to access Xbox live, otherwise your key vault will be flagged and banned. Use ninja.
3. In order to extract the key vault from another console, you will need to dump the nand and obtain that consoles cpu key. The key vault is encrypted using the key and that is why it is needed.
4. Absolutely! As long as your dvd drive works, you can insert the game and rip it straight from xex menu
5. Idk if that is a typo, but the current dash is 17526.
Yes that was an error lmao Ill fix it now. Thank you!

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
To add to answer number 3:
Assuming you don't have the equipment to dump the consoles' nands it wont be even close to worth it to try to get the KVs.
It'd be a lot cheaper to just buy the KVs.

J

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
Oh no
To add to answer number 3:
Assuming you don't have the equipment to dump the consoles' nands it wont be even close to worth it to try to get the KVs.
It'd be a lot cheaper to just buy the KVs.
oh no, i failed to mention i have a j r programmer, i did the rgh myself.

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Oh no
oh no, i failed to mention i have a j r programmer, i did the rgh myself.
Oh, well then it wouldn't be a too bad of an idea, if you can be bothered and if you wont have to buy extra equipment other consoles.

J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay you have the hardware and know how, but you also said they were dead. As long as you can boot xell to grab the cpu key, you can decrypt the keyvault from the console

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
If you want to have far less problems, use Ninja. There are new servers built every day with a $100, and a cheap pc, which generate too many headaches. They highly market these servers through social media, but you get what you paid for. Only way to get a KV is to glitch a console. I don't know how everyone that bought an RGH is automatically a "legit kv seller, unbanned unused". I will assume that they just buy and recycle.

J

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
Sorry it took a while to get back, yeah i had pulled the cpu keys off of them both and managed to recover 2 kvs so thats nice. Im not nearly as gullible as some, and dont rely on what some social media says. I had kinda figured as with anything else, scammers are on it. So far, Ive not found anyone Ive wanted to jump throwing money at for kvs. Im still kinda leaning everything and taking it one step at a time making sure I know what Im doing before messing something up. Although, I do have another question. From what Ive seen, as with this MW3 menu, you overwrite the default_mp.xex, but when I try to boot it from xexmenu, I get the unloadable error, asking me to redownload it. Now keep in mind, im not online in anyway, I dont know if that has any effect, I was trying to make sure I was doing things right. Does anything come to mind on why that happened? I was thinking that its for the newest title update and I hadnt installed it yet? Idk, just trying things out, since its the first time owning one. Any advice is welcomed and Thank you to you guys posting and answering my questions!

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
1. You set those as plugins in dashlaunch, plenty of tuts on how to do this
2. It's 100 percent worth paying for. Free servers offer weeks maybe days of KV life, paid servers can last years
3. Don't bother
4. Yes you can rip your games directly on your RGH using FSD, plenty of tutorials on that as well
5. You are good and updated so no worries there.

Top Bottom