New PS3 Update coming?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Mk18Zach, Jun 24, 2009 with 8 replies and 600 views.

1. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have heard from my friend who works at Sony and he says that they (not him) are making a new firmware that is supposed to come out soon. It will have some more simular features like the Xbox 360.

Features

- Play Music During games
    - Have Chat's During Games
    - It will allow you to change your psn name (for a cost probably)
    - Have the option when you get a any update to either download from server or download from bittorrent. (like the online update in MGS4).

**Now this is a rumor my friend has heard from other workers so don't blame me if i'm wrong.**

2. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Getting There

Ratings:
    If this is true, that is the best news I have ever heard anyone say about anything. Seriously.

3. knockem

knockem Contributor

Ratings:
    You can already change your psn name... for free

4. Tuxedo

Tuxedo Getting There

Ratings:
    Only if you have a japanese account. Then you can change your username but not you actual PSN ID. Feel free to correct me; I don't think there's a way to change it yet.

5. TiNd3r

TiNd3r Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I think he means you can change your PSn account by just creating a brand new PSN account on a another username on your PS3, Fair enough it's free but you lose all trophies and that crap (not that I care)

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :cursing: No i mean that you can change your name on that account. Let's say i want to change mine from enerGdriinkz to bunnies are fluffy.

They will make that happen for (US) and (EU).

7. ERROR1337

ERROR1337 Newbie

Ratings:
    LMAO show me cause i would love to know how

8. OP
    Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Um i created a japanese account and i don't read japanese, but i know where everything is on da dashboard of the PS3 and i cant find how to change my name from SUM YUNG GUI to something random.

9. R3AP3R0607

R3AP3R0607 Newbie

Ratings:
    Awwwww i wish there was real proof that this was true but after all the other times that it has been said im haveng trouble beliving that chatting with your mates playing a different game i ever going to come out