• Views 14,391
paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #6 - Updated Models for IDF Soldiers

14-_Fursan_al-Aqsa_Updated_Models_PS3_Gameplay.png

This article shows a small gameplay test of the new Updated Models for Israeli Soldiers running on Playstation 3, and a small "Behind the Scenes" of the creation of the new IDF Models:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursa...sa-dev-blog-6-updated-models-for-idf-soldiers

paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you Remember? Who misses that Golden Era? Multiplayer Madness is Back on Fursan al-Aqsa!

The mayhem is coming soon to PC, PS3, Xbox360...

4P_Split_Screen_PDark.png

4P_Split_Screen.png

paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
#FursanAlaqsaGame meets M MortalKombat !

Can you guess what I am planning next to my game?

Cheers!

#Blood #KnifeKills #FinishHim #FlawlessVictory #Fatality

Skeleton.png

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So like are you adding the bomb vest feature? J/k hehe
This is probably one of the best indie dev games I have seen. It likely will not get many US sales as the whole US grouping all Muslims as terrorist mentality. One thing to get the global sales would be to add different nationality character skins. And since it’s a game every nationality could be aiding in the resistance. Also porting to current consoles would seriously boost your sales. There is a ton of potential here for you to grab a huge market and make some serious coin.

paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So like are you adding the bomb vest feature? J/k hehe
This is probably one of the best indie dev games I have seen. It likely will not get many US sales as the whole US grouping all Muslims as terrorist mentality. One thing to get the global sales would be to add different nationality character skins. And since it’s a game every nationality could be aiding in the resistance. Also porting to current consoles would seriously boost your sales. There is a ton of potential here for you to grab a huge market and make some serious coin.
WOW my friend, thanks for this AMAZING and very inspiring compliment, it trully boost up my motivation top high!!!!

About the skins variety, so long as I will release this in episodes, each episode as a DLC Update, so maybe on the next upcoming episodes I can add different skins, from many countries, especially on the multiplayer, making kinda 3rd World War, it would be cool.

About porting for current gen consoles I can try later, but I doubt it will work, not because the tech side, it's because the acceptance and approval from SONY and MS. I doubt SONY or MS would allow a game so polemic and controversial like my game.

I am just going to release for PS3 and Xbox360, because these versions will be given as free gift for those who purchase the PC Version, and they will be released as homebrew games to run on hacked consoles.

I can only release because neither SONY, neither MS accept new games for PS3/Xbox360, these are now officially dead and retro consoles. So just like those people who develop new games for Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, NES, Sega GENESIS, these games don't need license from the consoles manufacturer.

Cheers and another time, thanks for the compliments!

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
WOW my friend, thanks for this AMAZING and very inspiring compliment, it trully boost up my motivation top high!!!!

About the skins variety, so long as I will release this in episodes, each episode as a DLC Update, so maybe on the next upcoming episodes I can add different skins, from many countries, especially on the multiplayer, making kinda 3rd World War, it would be cool.

About porting for current gen consoles I can try later, but I doubt it will work, not because the tech side, it's because the acceptance and approval from SONY and MS. I doubt SONY or MS would allow a game so polemic and controversial like my game.

I am just going to release for PS3 and Xbox360, because these versions will be given as free gift for those who purchase the PC Version, and they will be released as homebrew games to run on hacked consoles.

I can only release because neither SONY, neither MS accept new games for PS3/Xbox360, these are now officially dead and retro consoles. So just like those people who develop new games for Dreamcast, Saturn, SNES, NES, Sega GENESIS, these games don't need license from the consoles manufacturer.

Cheers and another time, thanks for the compliments!
That is not cool at all. Gtav allows players to kill citizens, police, and anyone else in game. Call of duty takes us to many locations and allows us to fight alongside other nations and destroy Russia and pretty much anywhere else of our choosing.

I mean it’s not like you built a game to show terrorism. Its a war. Correct?
It not like your game has people being injected into the US, using our schools to become pilots, and taking over planes to crash them into building. Right?
Almost every game that comes out as a shooter game revolves around the United States and its wars. And they get released without question.
Your game shows a different war. One that many do not even realize happened. One that wasn’t terrorist.
One that the United States played both sides of the fence on. In games made here we fight alongside Arabic people in and nobody stops the production. We fight against our real life allies in those games as well.
I would have to say if they do not allow you to publish on current consoles they are racist. By lumping all Muslims as terrorists. I would say try and publish it and if they refuse go public about the racism.

paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is not cool at all. Gtav allows players to kill citizens, police, and anyone else in game. Call of duty takes us to many locations and allows us to fight alongside other nations and destroy Russia and pretty much anywhere else of our choosing.

I mean it’s not like you built a game to show terrorism. Its a war. Correct?
It not like your game has people being injected into the US, using our schools to become pilots, and taking over planes to crash them into building. Right?
Almost every game that comes out as a shooter game revolves around the United States and its wars. And they get released without question.
Your game shows a different war. One that many do not even realize happened. One that wasn’t terrorist.
One that the United States played both sides of the fence on. In games made here we fight alongside Arabic people in and nobody stops the production. We fight against our real life allies in those games as well.
I would have to say if they do not allow you to publish on current consoles they are racist. By lumping all Muslims as terrorists. I would say try and publish it and if they refuse go public about the racism.

I will try, but first want to get at least the first episode out soon, and see people's reaction, see some reviews of my game. I am very optimistic that anyone who likes shooter games will like my game, as the gameplay is fast paced (the gameplay code is based on Unreal Tournament 3, with some heavy modifications I have made).

Let's see what happens next after I release the first episode, I will try as much as I can to release it until march now.

Cheers my friend!

----------------------------------------------

Hello guys! Just want to show off here something cool I created. A cool HeadShots Counter for the Special Ops Mode.

The basic tech behind it is very simple.

On the UnrealScript Class that control the enemy behaviour, I created a boolean variable called HeadShot. Then on the TakeDamage Event of the enemy UnrealScript Class I created a small function to detect which bone of the skeleton was hit by the weapon projectile (in case Head and Neck Bones).

So whenever the weapon projectile hits the Head or Neck Bones, the boolean variable HeadShot is set to true (it begins the code as false).

And then on Kismet there is a node which can read object properties (variables). So I simply added this node to read the variable HeadShot value, and if its true, I made increment in 1 another variable (kismet variable) which is the HeadShot Counter. So that means, each time the player shoots the head of the enemy. the HeadShot Counter will increment in one, so the player performs 3 headhsots on the enemy, the HeadShotCounter will be 3.

Next step is add another counter to count total number of enemies on map. It begins by counting all enemies an add them to an array, and then add an event (Enemy Death), and each time this even occurs, one enemy will be removed fromt the array (ObjectList). So whenever this array becomes empty, that means we killed all enemyes. And after killing all the enemies, then we go there and check for the value of HeadShotsCounter variable. If I want the player to perform at least 10 HeadShots, I need to check if this variable is >= (bigger or equal) than 10. If yes, then the mission is accomplished. If it is < (less) than 10, then mission failed.

It's that simple!

Cheers!

HeadShotsCounter1.png

HeadShotsCounter2.png

paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fursan al-Aqsa Episode 0 Weapons

Last edited:
paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys.

I know there are almost two weeks without any updates, but be sure I am working, and VERY HARD to finish and release the first episode untill the end of this month.

However, because I have published about my game on almost 100 sites, which I need to keep updated, I only publish whenever I have some significant updates.

But here on twitter (https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate) and also on IndieDB (https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque) I always post at least a new screenshot of some feature I am developing/improving.

From since my last update about the Weapons, I have done basically two things.

I created a new custom AI Class especially for knife kills game mode. Now you can approach the enemy from behind without being spotted, however, if you touch the enemy, or stay a long time behind him, he will realize it and shoot at you. This was done mixing Kismet (the Blueprints of UE3) with UnrealScript. I even created a custom field of view to the enemy using a trigger volume.

Stealth_4.png

Stealth_3.png

Stealth_2.png

Stealth_1.png

Also, I am remaking the Knife Kills System, with updated character animations and a brand new camera animation, on the best Mortal Kombat X style. It even has the X-Ray effect!

Knife_Kills_Update.1.png

Cheers and until next update!
Post automatically merged:

I was thinking on releasing those test maps (with blue/white checkboard) from since last week, for people test the game, however, I think that these don't reflect the final game quality and may even harm this project.

As I said before, I will ask a very small value (something like U$ 2.00) for each episode, because I am in strong need to earn some profit (my financial conditions are very bad at the moment). So it's for that reason that I prefeer release each episode on it's complete state, with fully textured maps, animations, mission objectives, and so on, for making this game worth the price. I know that even for a small price like this, people want a complete product, a fully working game, not just a "developer" bugged version of the game.

I hope you all understand the reason why I delayed a while the release of this game.

Thanks guys for all this support and interest on my game.

Cheers and until next update!

Last edited:
paulthompson1975

paulthompson1975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haven't heard of this game at xbox360 but it seems quite interesting
Hello my friend. Yeah, the game is mainly a PC Game with ports to PS3 and Xbox360 (consoles version are homebrew games which need hacked consoles to run).

I just update my forum threads here and on other sites whenever I have some significant updates (that's too much sites to update all days), however, for small progress on my game, you can check here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

And on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate

alexsandro22

alexsandro22

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello my friend. Yeah, the game is mainly a PC Game with ports to PS3 and Xbox360 (consoles version are homebrew games which need hacked consoles to run).

I just update my forum threads here and on other sites whenever I have some significant updates (that's too much sites to update all days), however, for small progress on my game, you can check here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

And on my twitter:
https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate
Thanks for informing :smile: I will check that

Top Bottom
Login
Register