New Mass Effect Title Ditches Shepard, Brings Back The Mako

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Shepard-Mass-Effect-3-600x300-1.jpg

Mass Effect wasn't something EA or Bioware felt the need to discuss much earlier this year at E3, but at the San Fransisco Comic-Con event this year they decided to spill the beans. There was a massive panel that revealed quite a good amount of details, and at the forefront was this; Shepard is getting the boot! This came as a surprise to some, and a disappointment to many. However, EA and Bioware have announced that this new game, which will not be Mass Effect 4 but a whole new storyline, will still be set around the same time that Shepard was doing his thing.

Another interesting piece of news is that the almost universally disliked Mako will be making a comeback, however, the developers have admitted that the old version was a flop, and plan on taking steps in the right direction to make it a beloved vehicle of destruction! In a gameplay video seen at Comic-Con you can see that there is no longer a cannon, so they are already clearly headed the right direction. Pictures are in the source!

A few other mentionable things are that the new protagonist is an N7 operative, meaning the N7 armor will also be returning. Multiplayer will also be returning, and the devs have said that they prepare a more co-op feel to the multiplayer versus a competitive style, but they have not decided which way to go just yet. The ability to choose your characters gender has also been confirmed. This is just about as much as we know about the next Mass Effect title, considering we still have a sizable wait before it is released, but I hope this has cleared up a few questions that you Mass Effect fans have been asking!

Are you all ready for the next installment of one of the best Action/Adventure RPGs of all time? I know I am! Please leave your opinions, thoughts and questions in the comments below!

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/next-mass-effect-doesnt-star-shepard-does-bring-back-mako/

Last edited:
Ghost

Ghost

BlasterKVs
Grizzled Veteran Donator AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Im very excited about this! That was a great read.

Me3 had the best multiplayer! I spent months playing it. Great news :smile:

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Im very excited about this! That was a great read.

Me3 had the best multiplayer! I spent months playing it. Great news :smile:

Did you enjoy the article itself? This was my first attempt at writing for the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom