What's new

Unsolved New iPhone start on old firmware?

• Thread starter Sneaky Duck
  • Start date
  • Views 271
S

Sneaky Duck

Sneakiest Member
Reaction score
I have had an iPhone 4 for about 2years and its been jailbroken all the way through (waited for devs to catch up before updating). Now I have just ordered an iPhone 4S brand new and wondered if there was any way I can start my new phone on a lower firmware because I don't think I could use it until its jailbroken.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Operating System
  1. iOS
T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
I have had an iPhone 4 for about 2years and its been jailbroken all the way through (waited for devs to catch up before updating). Now I have just ordered an iPhone 4S brand new and wondered if there was any way I can start my new phone on a lower firmware because I don't think I could use it until its jailbroken.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Chances are that it will come with iOS 6.1.3 already on it. There have been other threads discussing a topic similar to this. You can't make your new phone start on an earlier firmware nor can you downgrade the firmware. You will just have to wait till this fall. The jailbreak for iOS 7 and earlier firmwares is expected to be released then.

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Thanks.

If it was to come with 6.1.2 would iTunes make me update?

If it does come with 6.1.2, iTunes would just give you a window asking you to update and you would just close the window or press cancel. iTunes will not force you to update your phone. You will be lucky as f*** if it does come with 6.1.2. I'm sure you already know, but there is an untethered jailbreak for 6.1.2.

S

Sneaky Duck

Sneakiest Member
Reaction score
If it does come with 6.1.2, iTunes would just give you a window asking you to update and you would just close the window or press cancel. iTunes will not force you to update your phone. You will be lucky as **** if it does come with 6.1.2. I'm sure you already know, but there is an untethered jailbreak for 6.1.2.

Thanks for all your help, I remember getting lucky 2yrs ago, I think it was my phone came on 4.3.3 just after 4.3.4 was released. I know they say lightening never strikes in the same place twice but still kinda getting my hopes up lol

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, I remember getting lucky 2yrs ago, I think it was my phone came on 4.3.3 just after 4.3.4 was released. I know they say lightening never strikes in the same place twice but still kinda getting my hopes up lol

I don't mean to dash your hopes, but you have to be pretty lucky to get that. iOS 6.1.3 has been out for quite a while. I'm not going to say there is absolutely no chance, but the chance isn't very high. Either way, good luck :smile:

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
It will probably depend on who you order from. They probably have older stocked iPhones that have 6.1.2 or even lower on it. It's really depends on which box they pull and give you. But if it's ordering from apple, **** you're getting the latest firmware which is 6.1.4 I think (for 5's?)

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
It will probably depend on who you order from. They probably have older stocked iPhones that have 6.1.2 or even lower on it. It's really depends on which box they pull and give you. But if it's ordering from apple, **** you're getting the latest firmware which is 6.1.4 I think (for 5's?)

Well he said he is buying a 4S, so it would be on 6.1.3. Ya, you're right about the 5. Apple released a quick firmware update to fix and update a couple things. You're right about the places you order from too. Places like Best Buy or Target usually have devices on older firmware.

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Well he said he is buying a 4S, so it would be on 6.1.3. Ya, you're right about the 5. Apple released a quick firmware update to fix and update a couple things. You're right about the places you order from too. Places like Best Buy or Target usually have devices on older firmware.
It would be better for him to go into a store, and try to get the associate helping him to give him a box from the "back" of the shelf. Higher chance of a lower version. :wink:

That's what I did when I went to purchase my PSP, I asked for an older box, and I got an older firmware. :smile:

S

Sneaky Duck

Sneakiest Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the help guys. I am in the uk and ordered it online from the network Three. I know i have very slim chances, time will tell :smile:

If you dont hear back from me, chances are I didnt get lucky :wink:

T

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Appreciate the help guys. I am in the uk and ordered it online from the network Three. I know i have very slim chances, time will tell :smile:

If you dont hear back from me, chances are I didnt get lucky :wink:

Well I mean I just posted an emu that works without a jailbreak in the iOS section and if you really want cracked apps without a jailbreak, shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

S

Sneaky Duck

Sneakiest Member
Reaction score
Well I mean I just posted an emu that works without a jailbreak in the iOS section and if you really want cracked apps without a jailbreak, shoot me a PM and we can talk about it.

Thanks, i really appreciate it. To be honest i rarely download apps, so i dont mind paying next to nothing for them. Its the tweaks and emulators i use most! I will also head over to this post you mentioned above and check it out, thanks again.

Top Bottom