New Hardware Problem

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by chiefofu, Dec 26, 2008 with 6 replies and 106 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefofu

chiefofu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so my dad got me 4 gbs of corsair memory and i put them in booted up got the bios screen once but after that no go
    i have tried several graphics cards and still doesn't help when i turn on the computer it doesn't show anything on the screen and the monitor stays in the orange on part like its connected but doesn't want to show anything
    i also tried putting the old ram in which didn't work either
    and also tried switching out graphics cards
    System Secs
    Intel Pentium d 3.0
    xfx 680lt sli mobo
    xfx 8400 video card-ya its old but it works
    250gb hard drive
    x300 ati video card-tried with this also
    1gb ocz platinum pc6400
    4gbs crosair xms2 pc 6400

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Are you trying to boot with 5gb in at once? That could be your problem. Take the 1gb out and try booting with just 4gb. If that doesn't work try switching the slots and booting specifically with a certain stick and no other ones to see if one might be defective.

3. OP
    chiefofu

chiefofu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    from doing some online searches i found out my video card may have been fried due to a power surge that may have occurred when i was away for a day

and no i tried 1 gb i tried 2gb i tried 4 gbs but none of that worked

i also tried resetting bios and removing the battery tried booting without any ram as well
    and yes i am getting power to the mobo the blue orange and green or yellow light whatever color and for sum reason im not getting any beeps.though i never have

i ordered a better graphix card cheap but better to see if it was that

4. OP
    chiefofu

chiefofu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i got the new graphix card and still no video from even futher research i found that theres 2 possible things either the cpu or the mobo after 9 months could the thermal paste have totaly dried up i used the stuff that came with my cpu fan?

5. BigBlacks 22s

BigBlacks 22s Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No your thermal paste should not have dried up yet. You said you have gotten to the bios screen so your cpu is fine. It sounds like your motherboard might be bad.

6. OP
    chiefofu

chiefofu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ya my dad and i were also lookin into to see if its under warranty

7. BigBlacks 22s

BigBlacks 22s Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea thats a good idea. Who makes it? Fairly New?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.