Reaction score
Sin$
Do u think dlc's are becoming worse or better? Explain

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Short response - Neither. They're all free. So I won't and never have complained [too much] about them.

Long answer - It's a bit too late into the game to start asking for them to be better, and if you aren't content with what you already have then I don't think it'll become any better for you at any stage in the future, 5 years into the game's shelf life, nor would it be appropriate for you to ask for them to become better if you're a relatively new to a game that is 5 years old.

The thing is, if you bear in mind how old the game is now, you should expect to be disappointed if you expect anything truly amazing or game changing. The last game changing update came in 2015 with Heists. People still swear by that as the best way to earn good money for not doing much, and I happen to agree with them. Make of GTA [as it stands now] what you will, and make the most of the fact DLC is still being pumped out fairly regularly for a game that is 5 years old. In gaming and technological terms, that's a lifetime.

Tazzeres

Tazzeres

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i think the actual dlcs are great its the drip feed that takes the p*** lol take today for an example

TheBoss2321

TheBoss2321

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Was better at first now it's becoming to die slowly & DLC's lacking. am guessing people are still going to play after RDR2 release but just not many.

I wish rockstar would carry on making bennys

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i think the actual dlcs are great its the drip feed that takes the p*** lol take today for an example
Lol..
A blimp
A Rolls Royce
And Two DJs for $100000
:roflmao:
Fun for a minute or two
Bring on the drones :tongue:

PC Player

PC Player

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
they need to delete the freeroam events there just stupid and a waste of time

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Better or worse? Any DLC is better than no DLC.
So, they get better because they keep them coming.
Look at the size of these dlc. Almost 5 gb added. The content keeps getting thicker and thicker. A more robust dlc.
One may not like the content added at a particular moment but they are by far getting better. We keep going at this rate and Im gonna own the whole city.
What's not to like about all of the dlc? The iconic rolls Royce. Who doesn't want to roll the streets in a rolls Royce?
Each dlc targets a specific playstyle. This one targets the luxurious life. The last one targeted the military life.
Each one has its place and each one can be very enjoyable as long as you aren't from the COD brotherhood. (same thing different map just kill em all.)
The end goal for the game is to have built an empire. I think most that complain about dlc have cheated their way to all the items. Which is why they are bored with it or think it sucks. Those that have been grinding out the drug sales probably enjoy the easy street of hiring people to do that for them. May not make near the profits but they can enjoy their high end apartment or new night club and when they feel like a drive around the city they can do that in a rolls Royce.
I see far less trolling in lobbies these days. Seems like people aren't blowing up other peoples stuff as often.
The only thing I wish there was more of would be the actual name of the game. "grand theft auto". Make it insanely difficult to steal a high end car. Long super lengthy police chases. Not so obvious spike strips. And no knowledge of how wanted you are.
Make the stakes high and the reward being able to store that car in a personal garage. (doesn't even have to be million dollar cars would settle for sports cars.) This would make the game fun. Or steal the car and straight up take it to chop shop.
Not store it in warehouse. The chase if made hard enough could be some serious fun. Hell make it a mission. Car value could drop as it's taken off road. This way you would be on the interstate instead of diving off road to get away.
Or here could be the twist. Combined with npc police others from the lobby could become police and assist in capture.
No hud no map and armed only with a pistol and shotgun for police. Just run and chase. evade could be done via a meter once it runs out proceed to the nearest chop shop or shipping container. Players posing as the police will move to screen of the police chief yelling at the about all the damage they caused and the car thief moves to the npc paying them for the car.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What's not to like about all of the dlc? The iconic rolls Royce. Who doesn't want to roll the streets in a rolls Royce?

Being an 'Enus' it's based on a Bentley. Being based on a Bentley, it's either a Bentley R type Continental or S3 with R type styling on the front.

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Being an 'Enus' it's based on a Bentley. Being based on a Bentley, it's either a Bentley R type Continental or S3 with R type styling on the front.
Same answer different vehicle.
Whats not to like about rollin a bentley?
Lol

S

swm

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As Marc stated at least they are free,thats dying out sadly.

J

junior griffey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think "better or worse" for the DLCs themselves is the proper question to ask. I think the more appropriate question is this: "Do you feel the overall gaming experience of GTA 5 online is more enjoyable or less enjoyable after this update was released?" For me it's a lot more enjoyable because off my original game purchase I'm still enjoying new content several years later, with that content free to me, and completely integrated into the open-world environment in a way that I can choose to either engage in or not engage in it. I've had an awesome time with my nightclub and having my friends in there and if I want some variety I can leave the nightclub to do any number of things. It's up to me and hasn't cost me anything. What other game lets you use the sales from your gun running and coke and meth production to open a nightclub of all things that you can get wasted in, then go steal a random car to drive through crowds of pedestrians over to get your blimp to fly to your yacht, which you can choose to defend from other players choosing to attack you? What's not to love about that?

Honestly, I'm five years into this game and plan on logging on tonight. I would be surprised if anyone on this forum threw their GTA out because they disliked nightclubs that much. The DLCs can't be that bad then, all things considered?

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How is it becoming worse? Kids commenting here have no clue or have had too much fun with the DLCs that youve forgotten.

How is Beach Bum DLC better than Night Clubs DLC?
How is Flight School DLC better than Doomsday Heist DLC?
Gunrunning DLC gave us tons of new content, including new much needed weapons and the Pegassi Opressor.
Smugglers run gave us access to Zancudo Base.

I think the level of detail they put down in the content is awsome. Real quality work and it really shows in the latest DLC with After Hours. Makes me appreciate it more.

Thing is, ppl who never get satisfied wouldnt even be satisfied if they get to write and direct their own GTAO DLC.

Tazzeres

Tazzeres

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How is it becoming worse? Kids commenting here have no clue or have had too much fun with the DLCs that youve forgotten.

How is Beach Bum DLC better than Night Clubs DLC?
How is Flight School DLC better than Doomsday Heist DLC?
Gunrunning DLC gave us tons of new content, including new much needed weapons and the Pegassi Opressor.
Smugglers run gave us access to Zancudo Base.

I think the level of detail they put down in the content is awsome. Real quality work and it really shows in the latest DLC with After Hours. Makes me appreciate it more.

Thing is, ppl who never get satisfied wouldnt even be satisfied if they get to write and direct their own GTAO DLC.

i agree with you , but the drip feed is torture , i wouldnt be suprised if rockstar started chargeing people to unlock the drip feed stuff early at least i hope they do , it would work with me at least :wink:

SomeKindOfWizard

SomeKindOfWizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i agree with you , but the drip feed is torture , i wouldnt be suprised if rockstar started chargeing people to unlock the drip feed stuff early at least i hope they do , it would work with me at least :wink:
Wtf? No.

ASUStek

ASUStek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Because i like more RP i like them better

definitely hoping for a DLC that will look like Midnight Club
I really feel like thats coming....

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i was fishing for reactions man :') , however i really would pay to unlock early if it was an option , wouldnt you ?

A better way would be with Heists where you unlock the content as you progress through the story arc. That way it can be free but still encourage you to play the game, neither at a discount nor full price [which is arbitrary].

Paying for content gives greater control to the player and giving them a louder voice means they have a say in content. When it's free, you have no right to complain so they can release what they want, when they want, and you have issues that are beyond technical, they don't have to listen to them.

People can say, "what about shark cards?" - well, nobody is asking you to buy them,and if you do, it's not down to R* what you spend them on. You have what you have in GTA and YOUR freedom in it comes from making what you will of it with what you're given. So again, the DLC is neither better nor worse. It's free, and until you do pay for it, you have no say in it. But then this hasn't changed in 5 years so it doesn't matter any more. You play it for long enough, you become immune to it.

Tazzeres

Tazzeres

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A better way would be with Heists where you unlock the content as you progress through the story arc. That way it can be free but still encourage you to play the game, neither at a discount nor full price [which is arbitrary].

Paying for content gives greater control to the player and giving them a louder voice means they have a say in content. When it's free, you have no right to complain so they can release what they want, when they want, and you have issues that are beyond technical, they don't have to listen to them.

People can say, "what about shark cards?" - well, nobody is asking you to buy them,and if you do, it's not down to R* what you spend them on. You have what you have in GTA and YOUR freedom in it comes from making what you will of it with what you're given. So again, the DLC is neither better nor worse. It's free, and until you do pay for it, you have no say in it. But then this hasn't changed in 5 years so it doesn't matter any more. You play it for long enough, you become immune to it.

that first paragraph is actully a great idea and i honastly wish rockstar heard it lol , if there had to be a drip feed that would be the best way no doubt

Last edited by a moderator:
Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
that first paragraph is actully a great idea and i honastly wish rockstar heard it lol , if there had to be a drip feed that would be the best way no doubt

It's not, otherwise they'd do it. They wouldn't do it because then the same people who complained about Heists would complain about this.

Their complaints were, "why can't we just buy stuffz!!1" or "I like doing stuff solo and can't get 3 other people so can't unlock stuffzf!!1" or most often, "itz too expensiv!!!1" - put simply, everything on a plate for them with no effort so they can take it, play with it, put it in the cupboard and leave it to gather dust with the rest of their toys that they don't appreciate. ****in' kids, etc.

Drip feeding is necessary - 1. To patch glitches on a weekly basis, 2. To ensure that those with short attention spans come back on to GTA, and 3. To make you work for it. The problem is with No. 3 is most people want to play a game - not work. Some don't understand the value of work whereas others spend their lives working. In any case, R* attitude is, "if you don't like it, play something else...or we can help you". Shark cards, essentially. The GTA community reacts by coming to sites like this.

Top Bottom
Login
Register