Solved New GPU help?

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
So soon I might buy a new graphics card and I need help with a couple things:
1: how do I install it?
2: Which one is the right one to install?
3: Will I need anything else for the part to work properly?

This is my current PC:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04058835

and this is the new part:
https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Radeon-Windforce-Graphics-GV-RX460WF2OC-4GD/dp/B01K1JVCRE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479139826&sr=1-1&keywords=RX+460#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

Aghast

Aghast

Retired
Retired
TotM Stickied Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
1: how do I install it? Find the PCI Express slot on your motherboard and push the GPU in from the back until it clicks into place. A Youtube video would probably help explain this a little better.
2: Which one is the right one to install? Most should work, just make sure you have a PCI Express slot on your motherboard.
3: Will I need anything else for the part to work properly? No, your GPU gets its power straight from the motherboard.

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
1: how do I install it? Find the PCI Express slot on your motherboard and push the GPU in from the back until it clicks into place. A Youtube video would probably help explain this a little better.
2: Which one is the right one to install? Most should work, just make sure you have a PCI Express slot on your motherboard.
3: Will I need anything else for the part to work properly? No, your GPU gets its power straight from the motherboard.
Didn't notice this till now... Apparantly I'll need a better PSU since mine is a 300 watt and I'll need like a 500-550 watt... or so I'm told

Aghast

Aghast

Retired
Retired
TotM Stickied Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't notice this till now... Apparantly I'll need a better PSU since mine is a 300 watt and I'll need like a 500-550 watt... or so I'm told
You probably don't need to get a new one, but if you really want to get one to be safe then sure.

MajorrKeyy

MajorrKeyy

The Key is to have every Key.
Reaction score
Sin$
You'd only need a new psu if your current one doesnt have the power connectors needed for the GPU, just check first and then look what the gpu needs. Theres 6-pin and 8-pin connectors and some gpus use 2.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The RX 460 does not need to be connected to the PSU as it gets all it's power from the motherboard. You have a pre-built so the PSU is guarantee'd trash quality. You should definitely upgrade it before adding the GPU, but you don't nee d a 500W PSU. A good quality 300W PSU would be fine, but a bad quality 300W PSU is sketchy.

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
I completely forgot to lock this thread. I already got all it solved and I'm getting a 470 cause the 460 won't work on the kind of games I play.

Top Bottom
Login
Register