What's new

Patched New God Mode - Passive Mode without the flag and ghosting

• Thread starter 1Man2Controllers
  • Start date
  • Views 4,700

1Man2Controllers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a new god mode this evening, was glitching around with the hanger and found that if you:
  • Get in a plane
  • Press Right to modify the plane and immediately afterwards pull R2 to drive out of the hanger
  • Double tap PS and do activities > Start GTA Online option (Not sure if necessary but helped me to get the menu visible), then cancel the alert
  • The plane mod menu should show up or you can hear it. Then hit circle and select exit plane
  • When I exited the plane, both the plane and I were underground
  • Once you skydive down or die from hitting your plane, you will show up outside without access to your guns. (the game seems to treat it like you are in your hanger still)
This is the typical God mode where NPC/Police/environment can hurt you but other players cannot, same rules as when you are passive mode, except you can drive vehicles into people to kill them and they cant see you are in passive mode.

update:
Just found out it is semi-sticky through dying, got my plane rammed and exploded to kill me.
I was still in "passive mode" after dying, but now players where ghosted. Thinking I was not ghosted to them though since they still tried to target me.

I was in an MC when I first started the process. Going to test if this is what keeps you from ghosting, since I removed it and after I died the ghosting started for others. You cant form an MC again once you are in the passive-ish state.

update:
It does not persist cross sessions. I am working on getting into it again and catching a recording but my PS4 just crashed and is booting back up.

update:
Caught a video getting into it, but got ran over before I could video the bullet proof part. Uploading now.

update:
Claiming bounties will kick you out of the passive state. initiates a passive 10 second exit countdown.

PSA: Do not sell you plane when you get the plane mod menu to pop while outside the hanger, it will actually sell it. Tested this earlier when I found i could mod the plane, get outside and if my plane blew up it was still in the hanger without calling insurance. Also it would disappear when I got out of it.

video: (skip to 4:30 on first video)

Last edited:
T

Truegta5

Getting There
Reaction score
I can confirm it works on Xbox One I just had a red one and found it at random and accidentally drove it in the river drove it in the river what a nob lol

T

Trond

Helmet On ✅
Reaction score
I can confirm it works on Xbox One I just had a red one and found it at random and accidentally drove it in the river drove it in the river what a nob lol
A red godmode or did you mean this comment to go on another post? Are we talking red smoke?

K

kMz Specalist

Reaction score
How do we do it on xbox

A

applqpak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I spawn outside in my plane and the plane modification menu flashes then i'm zoomed back to looking at my plane, completely frozen. Can't exit the plane, drive, etc.

T

TheBoss2321

Getting There
Reaction score
Ok, I spawn outside in my plane and the plane modification menu flashes then i'm zoomed back to looking at my plane, completely frozen. Can't exit the plane, drive, etc.
Get friend start titan

1Man2Controllers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing can be tricky. Play around with it, press right, then give a slight hesitation before pulling the trigger. Mine works best when I feel like I have hit them at almost the same time, but with d-pad right being pressed barely ahead of R2.

If you watch the first video you will see my try multiple times before I hit it just right.

X

XSLUM3RICANX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I kinda did it I am godded from players but I cant move and stuck in my plane is there a fix from like exactly where I am orrr?

1Man2Controllers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I kinda did it I am godded from players but I cant move and stuck in my plane is there a fix from like exactly where I am orrr?
I had that happen a couple times, one time released when I went to activities again and killed the alert then waited for a second, the other time I just hit a new session

D

darkmannie

Reaction score
How to get Weapons: Reqest MOC when u are outside and drive the MOC. For other players u are still in passivemode and u can use weapons.

A

applqpak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to get Weapons: Reqest MOC when u are outside and drive the MOC. For other players u are still in passivemode and u can use weapons.
Nice discovery, too bad if you kill anyone you get kicked out of the passive-ish state.

A

applqpak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you drive your MOC with Command Center installed it kicks you out of passive.

X

xCiRCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that the OP claims that taking out a bounty kicks you out of passive but leaves out that actually any kill on any player ends the glitch; along with participating on any activity, CEO work, entering LSC, etc.

1Man2Controllers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that the OP claims that taking out a bounty kicks you out of passive but leaves out that actually any kill on any player ends the glitch; along with participating on any activity, CEO work, entering LSC, etc.
I have had it mixed. Had a time where I killed the same player 3 times, each time letting him shoot me and try to explode me with a rocket, then running him over with my car. All of a sudden one time he was able to shoot me in the back without the passive timer ever counting down.

S

STRIKE420

F*ck Your Clout
Reaction score
just one more step to figure out to get full god mode

X

xCiRCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had it mixed. Had a time where I killed the same player 3 times, each time letting him shoot me and try to explode me with a rocket, then running him over with my car. All of a sudden one time he was able to shoot me in the back without the passive timer ever counting down.

I had that happened to me once, glitch ending without having the passive counter counting down, while driving about a block away of someone else's MC job (realese the prisoners I believe) the game automatically thinks you're participating so it kicks you off the glitch. i even checked on my interaction menu and the "disable passive" option was still greyed out & guns were still unavailable to use, nevertheless bullets did start causing damage.

Cool glitch for those that just want to cruise the city & pull up next to another player without the worry of getting whacked just by trying to be friendly.

S

STRIKE420

F*ck Your Clout
Reaction score
Found a new god mode this evening, was glitching around with the hanger and found that if you:
  • Get in a plane
  • Press Right to modify the plane and immediately afterwards pull R2 to drive out of the hanger
  • Double tap PS and do activities > Start GTA Online option (Not sure if necessary but helped me to get the menu visible), then cancel the alert
  • The plane mod menu should show up or you can hear it. Then hit circle and select exit plane
  • When I exited the plane, both the plane and I were underground
  • Once you skydive down or die from hitting your plane, you will show up outside without access to your guns. (the game seems to treat it like you are in your hanger still)
This is the typical God mode where NPC/Police/environment can hurt you but other players cannot, same rules as when you are passive mode, except you can drive vehicles into people to kill them and they cant see you are in passive mode.

update:
Just found out it is semi-sticky through dying, got my plane rammed and exploded to kill me.
I was still in "passive mode" after dying, but now players where ghosted. Thinking I was not ghosted to them though since they still tried to target me.

I was in an MC when I first started the process. Going to test if this is what keeps you from ghosting, since I removed it and after I died the ghosting started for others. You cant form an MC again once you are in the passive-ish state.

update:
It does not persist cross sessions. I am working on getting into it again and catching a recording but my PS4 just crashed and is booting back up.

update:
Caught a video getting into it, but got ran over before I could video the bullet proof part. Uploading now.

update:
Claiming bounties will kick you out of the passive state. initiates a passive 10 second exit countdown.

PSA: Do not sell you plane when you get the plane mod menu to pop while outside the hanger, it will actually sell it. Tested this earlier when I found i could mod the plane, get outside and if my plane blew up it was still in the hanger without calling insurance. Also it would disappear when I got out of it.

video: (skip to 4:30 on first video)
Any updates?

S

Seemant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's either patched or its not made for my console.. please someone check after restarting the game.. the mod menu opens as it should after tapping R2... Tried various durations of pressing R2 but it does not work. Can anyone confirm after restart ?

Top Bottom