New Gaming Computer With Pics!

Discussion in 'Computer Showoff' started by DotZ, Jul 4, 2009 with 22 replies and 1,041 views.

1. DotZ

DotZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey eceryone! I just built a new gaming computer today. This was the first computer I have built and I am happy with it. The performance is outstanding. I also can play Crysis Very High 8x AA 1600x900 and it looks amazing. So tell me what you guys think! Pics are after the parts.

Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR800C44GK - Retail

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR800C44GK - Desktop Memory

Western Digital Caviar SE WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W ATX12V V2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply - Retail

Newegg.com - SIGMA SHARK SP-635 635W ATX12V V2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies

PICS!

Everything
    [​IMG]

CPU
    [​IMG]

Motherboard and RAM
    [​IMG]

Graphics Card and Hard Drive
    [​IMG]

Sexy XFX 4890
    [​IMG]

Motherboard
    [​IMG]

CPU and CPU Heatsink
    [​IMG]

RAM
    [​IMG]

Inside Computer
    [​IMG]

Computer In The Dark
    [​IMG]

More inside computer
    [​IMG]

This build went perfect for me. Nothing was wrong or broken and everything worked on its first go. Tell me what you think!

2. Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You need wire management. And you got of gotten a better motherboard for cheaper.

3. knockem

knockem Contributor

Ratings:
    Not a bad set up, but I would have wen't with a better board that could support DDR3, and a better processor.

4. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    750i northbridge doesn't support Crossfire btw.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    DotZ

DotZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm not planing to get another gpu or cpu for a little while this is just fine for now. It can do everything I want to do.

6. QWEEWQAZ

QWEEWQAZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. JonMS

JonMS Newbie

Ratings:
    why on earth would keep the stock cooler?

8. Madman340

Ratings:
    Why would you want an aftermarket one if you weren't OCing?

9. JonMS

JonMS Newbie

Ratings:
    First of all the stock intel cooler is terrible and second its a gaming pc with 4 cores, why the hell not? It will remove any chance of a bottle neck.

10. Madman340

Ratings:
    Uhhhhh what?

The stock cooler does just fine as long as you aren't OCing. Infact I've seen people get decent OCs and the stock cooler worked for it fine. The fact that it's 4 cores does not mean the temperature is going to blast sky high.

And a bottleneck is where your entire system is limited by one piece of hardware... IE you have a crappy CPU, plenty of RAM, and a beastly GPU.

11. SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR Retired Retired

Ratings:
    is that madman with a changed name?

stock cpu cooler is fine, u can get a q66 up .1-.3 on it alone. intel doesn't make a **** cooler generally.

12. Madman340

Ratings:
    Yarp it's me, my old name is affiliated with a forum I dislike now, and don't want any of my old 'friends' to find this one.

13. SiK GambleR

Ratings:
    that sucks, i had to doubletake and mixed u up with xJudas.

14. OP
    DotZ

DotZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The stock cooler is fine for me. The temps don't get to high. I actually have the cpu OCed to 3.0 ghz and temps are still fine so I don't see why I would have to get a new cooler. I'm not going to OC any more.

15. SiK GambleR

Ratings:
    no reason to stop oc'ing if you have comfortable temps. power is power boy.

16. Madman340

Ratings:
    Well OCing does have it's downsides such as how it takes more power, and how it decreases the life of the CPU. (Althought to be honest, most CPUs are built to last way beyond the point of replacement...)

17. OP
    DotZ

DotZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well that is how high I could get get it without increasing the voltage.

18. Steggy

Steggy RIGGS...I'm getting too old for this Retired

Ratings:
    The ****ty thing about the stock cooler is how it is mounted. When I was building my computer, I tipped right side up, and was fiddling with my expansion bays, then all of the sudden 2 pegs of the cooler fell out and it was tipping over.

19. OP
    DotZ

DotZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah it is the worst to install. I was so nervous doing it because of all the noises it was making.

20. bjk1984

bjk1984 Newbie

Ratings: