Unsolved New form of cheating

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by allstarjohn7000, Jun 13, 2006 with 22 replies and 2,309 views.

1. allstarjohn7000

allstarjohn7000 Newbie

Ratings:
    Now that the halo 2 modding community has sucessfully cracked the ever troublesome conundra of modding the old maps on xbox live, I was wondering, if it might be possible to mod the mainmenu.map file to allow banned accounts to access matchmaking, add a change teams option in matchmaking, and an abundace of other hacks. It seems that the ability to replicate xbox discs has brought in a new wave of cheating, such that afformention cheats are now well within reach. If anyone has any ideas as to how we might go about this please share your insights with the halo 2 community.

2. foxfanatic2317

foxfanatic2317 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    maybe it could be done...but it would be sweet if it worked....

3. andyp23

andyp23 Newbie

Ratings:
    Lol that would be awesome...i would love that...and you also have a very wide range of vocabulary lol...

4. The real Shadow

The real Shadow Newbie

Ratings:
    This would be a good question to post to the pope or azzid to see if they can get a team on this or something like that because it probably can be done......

5. Chopstick

Chopstick Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea man it sounds possible very good suggestion

6. CrippLed

CrippLed Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can you mod the main menu now? Like when your modding old maps online can you have like a skinned main menu or not

7. XxNemesisxX

XxNemesisxX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    that sounds like a great idea, but if it worked it would basically be battle of the better mods in matchmaking cause if this got out all the modders out there would be all over match making. lol i'd love to see Bungie's face after they see people can unbann their accounts.

8. Luxurious Meat

Luxurious Meat Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you guys retarded? the ban is on the account not the mainmenu

9. OP
    allstarjohn7000

allstarjohn7000 Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes i know its on the account, but by modding the mainmenu.map the we can make the little sign that says youve been suspended not appear, causing it not to boot you from live

10. profuse

profuse Newbie

Ratings:
    idk sounds confusing figure it out then i be happy

11. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    leecher...-_-
    i wouldnt mind helping u out with that project john i know a friend who claims he has done it but i have never seen it withmy own eyes. he said he eduted the default.xbe which makes since to me...since thats how it is on most other games and since i have no clue what the maimenu.map does.. lol

12. xIFr0z3nIx

xIFr0z3nIx Newbie

Ratings:
    anthony said he can mod playlists if he's host he said he can play a game called f*** BUNGIE on midship in big team battle lol

13. Scuba

Scuba Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hmm quite an interesting idea....

14. CrippLed

CrippLed Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I so want to see that:biggrin:

15. Kontra

Kontra Retired Retired

Ratings:
    i saw it he showed me its pretty funny cause if you have the disc modded you can mod anything

16. CaptainSword

CaptainSword Newbie

Ratings:
    hahahahahhaha do other ppl u dont even know get matched up with u?

17. xTheShadow18x

xTheShadow18x Newbie

Ratings:
    lol sounds like antman to me:lol:

18. shinaynay

shinaynay Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i've got it!!!1!!one1!!eleventyone!!!11!

Somehow we must create a mirror behind our menu, so when we start up matchmaking, as bungie's system shoots us the message saying "permanently suspended from MM" etc.... instead of the message getting to us, the mirror shoots it back at their system and gives it to them, therefore causing a meltdown at the bungie studios and the banhammer being completely destroyed.

muahahahaha...muahahahaha..muah..ha..ha..h..a.

19. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    mainmenu stores no relevent data. i opened it with a hex editor and read it for an hour. theres a lot of random useless text in there, but seeing as how the disc is write protected i don't see how bungie would change something on it to say your banned, the autoupdate does this. Matchmaking ban is based on your accounts live key which never changes

20. OP
    allstarjohn7000

allstarjohn7000 Newbie

Ratings:
    yea seige is right ive been doing some research on this and the mainmenu is really useless on xbl. when you sign on the whole menus for xbox live are downloaded, this is how bungie is able to add and remove matchmaking playlists without an update each time, and how the messages change that are in those little info boxes without an update. In order for this to work, it would require on the fly editing of the files which if could be done, theirs alot more you could do than just this. so sorry guys my idea was false.