New Film Modding

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by mojobojo, Dec 20, 2008 with 17 replies and 798 views.

1. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Now I know this isnt significant, but its a start on what Im working on. I found out how to make kind of artificial Lag on a film. I played around with where the player is looking.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jrob922

jrob922 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    that was pretty funny. it was like u were on sensitivity 1000

3. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Cool. At least people are still working on doing some research.

4. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    what did you do to make that happen?

5. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It was actually all by accident. I was trying to find out information on weapons to see if I could change what is in Master Chiefs Hand and maybe what projectile he shoots. Eventually when I was watching my video for changes, I came across my guy all of the sudden turning around. Well I found the part in the file where all of the players movement is. Through experimentation, and allot of corrupted files, I found out how to edit it frame by frame. So far it is just where the player is looking, but Im still working on finding more.
    Im thinking of making an editor for this if I can get more Information. If anyone wants to help with my research just PM me and I will tell you everything I know so far. I am thinking about writing this in C#, but I dont have much experience in this particular language, so I could use some help with that as well.

6. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:

i would suggest talking to g0ldbl4d3 he is pretty beast with C#. an there is a tutorial on hex in the C# section you can use tht if you want a little help instead of asking him

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ill take a look at that.

8. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I cant wait to see what this turns out to be.

9. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Looking in more film files I found that the data for players movement is more scrunched together and harder to read if there are more players on the map. So For my first program I decided to make it for only films with one or two people. The Problem is it that I dont know exactly to find which data goes with each player. So the film editor, right now at least, will probably be limited to one person.

Heres What it looks like with one person

[​IMG]

Heres what it looks like with 8 people

[​IMG]

10. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This would be a big breakthrough if u could figure this out, good luck man!

11. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    well even if we figure out the frames, we cant make a "film watcher" with out the models in maps and stuff extracted and that is impossible, the best we could be able to do is generate a list of activity and it describes what the player does

12. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thats not the point of my program. Ive got the frames down for one person on the map. We will just edit the cordinates like in Sandbox. And im hoping with enough research I could render a rough estimate of what the player is doing.

13. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    1,) are you sure there are co ordinates that are listed that we can clearly see?
    2.) "rough estimate of what the player is doing," isnt that what i said? "Best we could be able to do is generate a list of activity and it describes what the player does."

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    ok? That's good enough dude. Just because we can't perfectly do everything, doesn't mean we should not do anything. Just because we can't make a viewer and edit it frame-by-frame doesn't mean than an editor cannot be made. Stop being so negative about these things, seriously.

15. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is the info I got so Far.

16. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    im being negative about anything im just saying for a 'just to let you know' what our max capability is, and im asking you sure there are even co ords even listed? i never said to just stop researching

17. OP
    mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont know what the coordinates are. Im just guessing what they are. I Just copy and paste the part of the frame I want in.

18. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    I don't think its coordinates.

Something like it, though.

I think to save space, bungie had one starting coordinate, then added coordinates to that, like move left +4paces, etc. not he's here 4,3 then he's here 3,3.

Just a thought.